Bachmann /LT Museum 66/7's

newbryford

Just to add a little to this. The LTM have told me that indeed "around 500" of each model is being produced which I guess means either 504 or 512 as that is the normal Bachmann limited edition run (or multiples of). They also said that the remaining batch of models are to be split between in-store and online availability - not sure if that is an equal split. So as suggested above I wouldn't hang around when 'Harry Beck' becomes available to pre-order again if you want to secure one and wont have easy access to visit the museum when they are released.

I'm not so sure however about the emerging trend to pay up front when pre-ordering limited edition models (that is the case for both these and Rail Express' 66 720). Normal protocol was for payment to be taken upon despatch.

I've asked the question to the lmt wether you have to pay in full now or pay when despatched and the answer is yes you do have to pay now just like the rail express limited edition (so it looks like an expensive month for me)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little confused with these models,have some already appeared for sale.I know there is one of each on display at the LTM shop.If anyone has obtained one or both of these could you please confirm.

Thanks.

• RMweb Gold

I'm a little confused with these models,have some already appeared for sale.I know there is one of each on display at the LTM shop.If anyone has obtained one or both of these could you please confirm.

Thanks.

Those in the museum shop are samples, they have not been produced yet

The museum shop states "Dispatch will be in Summer 2016 - date to be confirmed"

• RMweb Premium

If someone could please post on here when they know/realise/gain knowledge of when/when the second batch of pre-orders are released on the LTM website.

I don't want to miss these two models. I am normally more of a Freightliner & DRS person but I am definitely adding these two amazing models to my fleet.

Thank you very much in advance.

I was concerned about Bachmann releasing Freightliner Powerhaul 66416, DRS Revised 66434, GBRF 66718, GBRF 66720 and GBRF 66721 all at once although when they are all in the latest liveries how can you resist. If it was the old run of the mill 66s in the old liveries I would have probably saved my money but I suspect the GBRF trio will be very popular seen as there Limited Editions and also the standard 66/4s with them been in the latest liveries. In that case out comes the wallet.

If someone could please post on here when they know/realise/gain knowledge of when/when the second batch of pre-orders are released on the LTM website.

I don't want to miss these two models. I am normally more of a Freightliner & DRS person but I am definitely adding these two amazing models to my fleet.

Thank you very much in advance.

I was concerned about Bachmann releasing Freightliner Powerhaul 66416, DRS Revised 66434, GBRF 66718, GBRF 66720 and GBRF 66721 all at once although when they are all in the latest liveries how can you resist. If it was the old run of the mill 66s in the old liveries I would have probably saved my money but I suspect the GBRF trio will be very popular seen as there Limited Editions and also the standard 66/4s with them been in the latest liveries. In that case out comes the wallet.

Agree, although the worst thing is the price hike when they become Limited Editions against a standard release cost....

Although the new printing process could have added a few bob  :O

Edited by martin_l_jones

• RMweb Premium

Yes definitely a price hike when comparing the standard models to the Limited Edition models.

Comparing 66416 and 66434 against 66718 and 66721 sees nearly a £35 increase although like you say and I completely agree the new printing process should see fantastic and intricate detailing captured so we can't complain.

I can see this year is another year where I am going to be spending a fortune haha. One of each of the above five and then possibly more of the Freightliner and DRS liveried examples to renumber.  

• RMweb Gold

I've asked the question to the lmt wether you have to pay in full now or pay when despatched and the answer is yes you do have to pay now just like the rail express limited edition (so it looks like an expensive month for me)

I had naively assumed it was payment taken on despatch and then found over £300 on the plastic this month on top of Xmas and everything else!

Still hoping their Class 20 ends up in the sale...........

Guest spet0114

Still hoping their Class 20 ends up in the sale...........

Interesting you mention the Class 20. Originally a pair were released (20 227 and 20 189) and while the former sold out rapidly and is now prime fodder for the Gostude-esque eBay extortionists, 20 189 remains in stock at Covent Garden to this day. 

When first I saw the two 66s, I thought that we might be in for a re-run of this as the Beck-based livery looks far more appealing to my eye and is based on an iconic (*) original, whereas the other one, whilst nice, is not as appealing (to me) either in terms of its subject matter or its execution. Obviously only time will tell, but I do wonder if LTM considered adjusting the quantities ordered in the light of past experience.

Cheers

Adrian

(*) Iconic - a horribly over-used word, but the Beck tube map probably does qualify as a graphic design icon.

I'm beginning to wonder as to whether the LTM has had negative feedback on the fact that you have to pay up front and have delayed the release of further models or whether there has been a delay in the release date and it's moved back and for the same reason it's been taken off.

I would have imagined the models will all be produced at the same time, even with the new livery process I can't see them being batched in 100's surely.....

Edited by martin_l_jones

• RMweb Premium

That's a valid point considering that it's over £300 for both of the 66s.

That's a lot of money to have taken straight away considering that the models are not due to be released until May/June.

I am not happy myself about this payment plan/scheme because you literally see nothing for months on end for your money. Then if for any reason there is a delay even if just by a few weeks that's then even longer than originally stated.

I suppose they know though that these models will be popular so people will just pay the money anyway even if they can't really afford it or if the payment arranges are not to the customers satisfaction.

That's a valid point considering that it's over £300 for both of the 66s.

That's a lot of money to have taken straight away considering that the models are not due to be released until May/June.

I am not happy myself about this payment plan/scheme because you literally see nothing for months on end for your money. Then if for any reason there is a delay even if just by a few weeks that's then even longer than originally stated.

I suppose they know though that these models will be popular so people will just pay the money anyway even if they can't really afford it or if the payment arranges are not to the customers satisfaction.

I wonder whether it's to cover their own costs for the Limited Editions...

200 locos at £150, a whopping £30k  

I wonder whether it's to cover their own costs for the Limited Editions...

200 locos at £150, a whopping £30k  

£150 is certainly NOT the cost price to the LT museum. They will have a trade price

I signed up for the email notification from the London Transport shop but received none. I suppose I shall have to wait for the second batch now. I hope it's not too long in arriving fter the first!

I'm sure all the models will arrive at the same time as is normal for a c500 limited edition. It just seems to be a batch pre-ordering process for some unknown reason.

• RMweb Gold

I completed a pre-order form complete with credit card details at Warley.

I have received no notifications and it seems to be impossible to get through to the LTM to talk to anyone on the phone.

John,

Have they charged your card yet?

I tried to contact them by phone but, like you, could not get through. Left a message with contact details on their answerphone but heard nothing from them.

Keith

John,

I tried to contact them by phone but, like you, could not get through. Left a message with contact details on their answerphone but heard nothing from them.

Keith

Good point, I will check the bill.

Even that aside, I've tried calling, sent an email with no reply, not exactly a 5* customer service when you want to spend £300+ with them.

• RMweb Gold

John,

Keith

Just checked my card statement and yes they have charged my account. Will change my cash flow planning (what planning!) but given the interest rates at the moment they will not be making much out of my contribution. Looking forward to getting mine, the sample at Warley was very impressive.

Godfrey