The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

What did Santa bring Xmas 2015

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Santa (aka SWMB0) came up with this - with help from Jimbo one suspects....

post-7138-0-98641700-1451139895_thumb.jpg

Have been waiting for ages for Corgi to do this one .... SWMBO was amazed I know all the crew by name...

Thanks Lovely that's cracking!

Phil

What did Santa bring? A power cut.

Hadn't had a blackout like that since the 1970s. Luckily, the cooking had just finished when it all went dark within minutes of the Queen finishing her annual Speech.

Next door were ten minutes away from completing their Chrsitmas cooking. So near, yet so far!

• RMweb Gold

What did Santa bring? A power cut.

Hadn't had a blackout like that since the 1970s. Luckily, the cooking had just finished when it all went dark within minutes of the Queen finishing her annual Speech.

Next door were ten minutes away from completing their Chrsitmas cooking. So near, yet so far!

[/quote

Shocking....!!!

Phil

Books for me. A history of Brush Locomotives 1948 - 2008, Over the Peak Vols 1 & 2, & The Derbyshire Lines South From Chesterfield from the Mrs.

A Lancashire Triangle Revised from the Kids. All brilliant books.

No models this year - I have enough, no, far too many !!

Brit15

Modern Traction Archive 7, which has some great footage from the late 60s of the line between Barkston and Lincoln, then Lincoln to Skegness/Mablethorpe.

A 5Tb external HD, so that now I can get all my scanned railway slides at full resolution on one drive.

A pasta maker (the roly thing) so that I can make my own.  Mmmmmm......

• RMweb Gold

Some etched sides for a pair of Centenary TK and a LH Break

Much more interesting is a half hour flight in a Tiger Mouth at Duxford, cannot wait!

Now that you will enjoy!

SWMBO did that for me for my 60th this summer. Did a loop .... but chickened out on barrel roll

Phil

Modern Traction Archive 7, which has some great footage from the late 60s of the line between Barkston and Lincoln, then Lincoln to Skegness/Mablethorpe.

A 5Tb external HD, so that now I can get all my scanned railway slides at full resolution on one drive.

A pasta maker (the roly thing) so that I can make my own.  Mmmmmm......

I have watched more of MTA 7, and after Mablethorpe comes footage from the mid 60s of the Midland line through Melton Mowbray and Corby.

I had always believed that the early maroon Mk2 1st class coaches were marshalled in prestige trains on the ECML, but there are at least two clips with them included in Midland services. The locos seem to be all green, so 1965/6 would appear to be the date.

• RMweb Premium

Lots of paint for the hall! Got the mist coat and ceiling done on Christmas Eve, first coat on the walls Christmas Day. Got to wait until Johnstones open on Tuesday so I can buy another 5 litres to put a second coat on the walls. While I don't like decorating or Christmas, 5 days off work is a good opportunity to get the decorating done and its far too wet to go for a walk. Far better than timewaste TV too.

Friends have bought me lots of daft things to make me smile. I've bought myself lots of railway books from Strathwood. Proving very usefull as I'm currently weathering a Hymek, 05 shunter, Falcon and a Clayton. Also made good use of the time to put this years camcorder footage onto DVD.

Yes, I'm a bah humbug, but got lots done.

The 'last' issue, in the original print format of "The Southern Way, Issue 31".

Not sure of, yet,  looking at the 'new' publisher's (Manchester based Crecy) Issue 32's format. But, I'm sure I'll adapt.

Best Wishes for 2016, and beyond, Kevin & Noodle. 

• RMweb Gold

That'll be this one David?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Castles-Final-Years-Laurence-Waters/dp/0711038228

Looks cracking - added to my wish list. Many thanks

Phil

Alas the name on the cover puts me off - he has a habit of producing some very oddly inaccurate captions (but the pics might still be worth it).

• RMweb Premium

Three Highland railway sheep vans, one Jones double deck, two Drummond double deck 'wire' sided ones. All three are etched, and look like they will be a challenge to assemble!

There was some sheep to go with them too.

A single railway book (views from the Signalbox)

A small christmas, but actually very pleasant (no naff presents this year, whoppeeeeeeeeeee!)

Andy G

Archived