The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Dava

SRman, you didn't mention what Lucy liked to do with plastic bags!

But Toby seems to have filled the Void... Though when people are over he is invisible cat... Still remember the 9 months where you were talking about him and Mrs DougN had never seen him!

She christened him "Imaginary Cat". :D

• RMweb Premium

Heartwarming to see so many railway (and railway lovers') cats on this thread over the past 3 weeks, though I noticed Neil HB sneaked in his chocolate lab puppy as well! They all have stories to tell, including those who have departed.

Anyway here is Katie who after 3 weeks with us is chasing the other two girls and making her presence felt with a fondness for 'helping with' digital devices...

post-14654-0-86563500-1453038177_thumb.jpg

Dava

• RMweb Premium

Heartwarming to see so many railway (and railway lovers') cats on this thread over the past 3 weeks, though I noticed Neil HB sneaked in his chocolate lab puppy as well! They all have stories to tell, including those who have departed.

Anyway here is Katie who after 3 weeks with us is chasing the other two girls and making her presence felt with a fondness for 'helping with' digital devices...

attachicon.gifKatie lt 1-16.jpg

Dava

"If not for sits, why is it made of warm?"

• RMweb Gold

Four of ours asleep in a heap and taking up all the settee that isn't stacked up with modelling sutff, Jareth (black and huge) is the youngest at 18 months, then Jacob (red point siamese) is 5. Joy (Seal siamese) is ten and Amber (big ginger girl) is ten and a half. 

post-6674-0-86273900-1453045211_thumb.jpg

There are two more asleep upstairs on the bed too!

Andi

Aw! They're all gorgeous Andi!

Isn't your Amber rather unusual, being a ginger Girl?

My parents had a Ginger girl in the 60's early 70's who had a long line of cats of all colours who stayed within the family for some thirty or more years, they said she was very rare indeed! She lived in the country, occasionally ate rabbits and was inclined to chase cows! What's more, the cows ran from her!!

Cheers,

John.

• RMweb Gold

My parents had a Ginger girl in the 60's early 70's who had a long line of cats of all colours who stayed within the family for some thirty or more years, they said she was very rare indeed! She lived in the country, occasionally ate rabbits and was inclined to chase cows! What's more, the cows ran from her!!

Cheers,

John.

Yes, ginger females are quite rare, her mum (Lady) was also ginger and belonged to a friend of ours. One of the two not in that photo is Pandora who is Amber's sister from a different litter, she is a tortoiseshell and her dad was a big black bruiser of a street tom. Later in life he also came to live with us and went from being untouchable to the softest lapcat I ever knew. We named him Captain. His last three years of life were in luxury, rather different to his past, he spent the whole day of the great storm that lead to the 2007 Gloucestershire floods sheltering under a hedge in our garden, that was what made us decide that he needed a home. We spent ages trying to get close to him, he got to eating on our patio though we couldn't get near him. Cats protection lent us a trap and we caught him and brought him in. Once he was neutered he settled and slowly learned to trust us. He got to a point where he would sleep in our bed under the duvet, usually under our knees! His ear was always bent down like that and he walked with something of a limp, you could always hear him walking as he thumped around the house.

post-6674-0-43070000-1453046692_thumb.jpg

This is Pan with Tarsey, a rehome siamese no longer with us. Something of a miracle cat, she recovered from Feline Coronavirus with blood results that were theoretically not possible. When she came to us I don't think anyone really expected her to make her fifth birthday, we had to let her go shortly after her tenth when she succumbed to a tumour. She is very sadly missed.

I'm glad to say that Pan is still with us, she is one of the two upstairs asleep. the other is Sophie but she has a whole story of her own.

post-6674-0-89763800-1453046689_thumb.jpg

Andi

Cheers,

John.

I've always been given to understand that ginger females are very unusual.However, Lester (seen upthread) came from an all ginger litter, of which he was the only boy so I suppose I could say that I know of three or four ginger females currently living locally. We think that both parents may have been ginger to have ended up with that lot. Lester is also unusual (in our experience) in having rather striking orange irises to his eyes rather than the usual yellow or green; another pointer to a strong ginger streak in his genetics.

• RMweb Premium

In a previous post, I had said that it was difficult to get a picture of our little terror Bruce, but here he is, mostly hidden by his older step brother, Barney.

post-408-0-56136700-1453337251_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

I introduced Katie kitten to the workshop today, unlikely to be a regular feature as we see below

Just curious at first....

post-14654-0-95797600-1453668170_thumb.jpg

Then full-scale track invasion!

post-14654-0-20296800-1453668208_thumb.jpg

The only cats on this layout in future will be of the tiny whitemetal variety!

Dava

• RMweb Premium

Don't turn up the power.. That would not be nice through the paws!

DCC [1] would be better with the continuous track voltage.

[1] "Discourage Curious Cats"..............

Hat, coat, getting.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Just got a new phone and as I was tidying up the memory card from the old phone, I found this.

Bruce admiring the boards and track for DL

attachicon.gifBruce.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

It's a black cat thing, mostly they sit on newspapers but they have a sense of where to be centre of attention

Dava

• RMweb Premium

It's a black cat thing, mostly they sit on newspapers but they have a sense of where to be centre of attention

Dava

Curled up half way down the stairs is not my idea of "centre of attention". It has often brought forth the immortal "cooking fat" comment..................................................

Cheers,

Mick

Archived