Perth Model Railway Show 25 and 26 June 2016 - Silver Anniversary Show

Waverley47708

14 sleeps to the big day.

Almond Bridge has been getting a bit of attention over the last few weeks, mostly on the unseen but rather important wiring side of things under the boards.  However the owners of the garage have rather inconsiderably erected security fencing between the garage and the tracks, as a result a favourite spot for OO gauge spotters has been somewhat obscured!

Almond Bridge which can be run 80s to modern image, will be appearing in the most up to date guise at the show.  Expect a lot of freight in amongst the passenger stock and a fair amount of P Way, most courtesy of our very own Emeritus Guard Mitchell.

Only a fortnight now.....

And I was pleased to see a little footnote in the back of this months Railway Modeller featuring Kinmundy........

Hi Martin, it looks like the Sunday for me, is that okay?

Dave Franks.

Only a fortnight now.....

And I was pleased to see a little footnote in the back of this months Railway Modeller featuring Kinmundy........

Hi Martin,

Glad you liked the footnote.

Just about all set for the show now. I have even managed to locate all last year's trophies after forgetting who won them!

Stan

Guest 40-something

As always our wee group are looking forward to the Perth Show, where we will be exhibiting Milton Street MPD

For those who havent been, its well worth a trip from anywhere!  Great exhibits, great trade, very friendly hosts and tremendous value for money

I've said this before and I'll say it again,  Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me...

Dave Franks

Who was wearing a grease top cap, red neckerchief and serge jacket but only briefly and for a purpose....

So there.

I've said this before and I'll say it again,  Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me...

Dave Franks

Who was wearing a grease top cap, red neckerchief and serge jacket but only briefly and for a purpose....

So there.

Do tell us more about your personnal fetishes Dave…are they all railway related?!

No, some are based on Star Wars.... Others are based on Last of the Summer Wine.

Dave Franks.

Ah yes, Scotland's answer to Compo.

Jim  (Who will also be there on the Sunday so you can berate me in person when you see me Dave)

(can we say "berate" on here?)

Ah yes, Scotland's answer to Compo.

Jim  (Who will also be there on the Sunday so you can berate me in person when you see me Dave)

(can we say "berate" on here?)

'Scotlands answer to Compo..' thats a cracker but now that you mention it...

Just remember it wasn't me that raised it Dave. :no:

Dave.

Looks like the brother hood are out on strike the weekend of the show

BBC reporting a 48 hour strike on 25th and 26th June on Scotrail.

Regards Arran

BBC reporting a 48 hour strike on 25th and 26th June

Just a reminder:

The exhibition venue is "next door" to the railway station.

Also park and ride is available at Broxden http://www.pkc.gov.uk/article/4556/Perth-Park-and-Ride-Broxden

If I can't get parked at the venue or railway station and end up doing this, will it be the "Leonard Street, for Bus and Railway Station" stop we need to get off at?

Planning on coming on the Sunday, really looking forward to it but also a bit worried. We'll have the little man with us (3 months old) so either have to take turns carrying him or risk pushing him round in the carrycot+base and getting in people's way. Don't want to annoy the other visitors.

• RMweb Gold

If I can't get parked at the venue or railway station and end up doing this, will it be the "Leonard Street, for Bus and Railway Station" stop we need to get off at?

Planning on coming on the Sunday, really looking forward to it but also a bit worried. We'll have the little man with us (3 months old) so either have to take turns carrying him or risk pushing him round in the carrycot+base and getting in people's way. Don't want to annoy the other visitors.

HI norm,

Depending on what time you arrive and the weather...

It makes a big difference to getting parked - either at the venue or next door or at the station.

As regards the child situation....

Bring the carrycot and base.

If people are too ignorant to accept that it's the way you need to do things - it's their problem - not yours.

It's a public exhibition - not a private show for invited guests.

So - hopefully you will attend and have a good time - without many difficulties.

Thanks

Hi Norm,

The bus from park and ride comes down the Glasgow Road and stops close to the Dewars Centre close to the Lidl supermarket. The drivers will probably let you know where to get off. 

We are able to look after any child transporatation equipment for you if you want to leave it at the entrance if that helps.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Regards,

Stan (Exhibition Manager)

That's the display cases filled!

One contains a collection of LNER trains as would be seen in Scotland including meat and fish trains.

The other a mixture of model railways from A4s to modern civil engineering equipment.

This time next week it will all be over!

Really looking forward to the show now. All arrangements are in place and the weather is misbehaving as usual.

This exhibition manager even has time to do a bit of modelling tonight!

Stan

This time next week it will all be over!

Really looking forward to the show now. All arrangements are in place and the weather is misbehaving as usual.

This exhibition manager even has time to do a bit of modelling tonight!

Stan

You been doing that swimwear advert again Stan...

TFIC.

Dave Franks.

Archived