RMweb

How to avoid being stopped by the police.

This fellow must have owned an Ariel Arrow in his younger days!. To the initiated, a 250cc two stroke motorcycle of the 60's, an example of which I owned. It had a well earned reputation of it's exhausts smoking very badly. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Leader 

Ah, the Tin Hippo of fond memory...

I usually find the easiest way to avoid being stopped by the plod, is to drive up the A47 or A15. You won't see one from one day to the next...

Can see the funny part, but driving without insurance ? Not   so funny if had had or caused an accident where someone else was injured or killed.

Dennis

(edited because the f....n cursor keeps jumping around before I put a hammer through it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}

This fellow must have owned an Ariel Arrow in his younger days!. To the initiated, a 250cc two stroke motorcycle of the 60's, an example of which I owned. It had a well earned reputation of it's exhausts smoking very badly. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Leader 

Likewise JD.

I had an Ariel Arrow on loan, back in the '60s, while my R. Enfield was being straightened.

The word at work soon got around, with the result that during several lunch breaks a certain workmate / colleague would often nag me. by asking to borrow said m/c. Where-upon, he took great delight on riding belting it back and forward / up and down the factories' service road outside.

When I say 'great delight', for him, to me, it looked like 'suicide by blind pleasure'. Not only did the rider wear NHS 'specs (John Lennon type) with one lens blanked / obscured by tape, but, persisted in looking behind, admiring the twin trails of two-stroke smoke, ala Red Arrows.

There are, always, memories that stay with you.

Regards,

Frank. 

I dropped a replacement engine into my Marina many years ago (out of urgent need I hadn't checked it out first though). It used a bit of oil though; When I changed down to 3rd from top at a roundabout, I completely lost sight of my mate's car immediately behind!

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

I dropped a replacement engine into my Marina many years ago (out of urgent need I hadn't checked it out first though). It used a bit of oil though; When I changed down to 3rd from top at a roundabout, I completely lost sight of my mate's car immediately behind!

Stewart

Your mate didn't insist that he lead?

Stewart

Mine does that if I go over 70mph. It'll do 65 all day, wind it up that extra 5-10mph and the everything behind goes blue (and the engine bay gets rustproofed). Chuck a bit more oil in and carry on a bit slower, no worries.

I have actually retired it now, engine coming out on Sunday all being well...

Archived