Trainspotting TV Show

Andy Y

I think most of the comments posted are curmudgeonly. I am enjoying watching this short series ( as is Dava, although he is pretending not too), which is receiving positive reviews and is trending on Facebook. More importantly, it may open the door to fresh interest in our railways, bothhistoric and current, which is what is needed, as the demographic at any railway modelling event highlights a deficiency in younger enthusiasts.

Having viewed the most talked about most unloved programme, comments from a one time spotter, it looks as it missed the boat.  But you knew that!  I have not even seen and will probably never see the show but from a train spotting point of view, I remember incidents that were not even mentioned because it was not made from a trainspotters point of view but by someone far removed from the spotting scene of yore.  Where are the Betjeman's of today; not at the BBC for sure.  Prime time and pretty girls are no substitute.

Brian.

Today's programme was a lot more polished than yesterday's, with smoother cuts from Didcot to the enthusiasts at other stations.  Again, the prepared segments, including the interview with Sir Kenneth Grange, were good.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode now.

What happened to the D1000 'Western'?  Maybe they ran out of time today?

Today's programme was a lot more polished than yesterday's, with smoother cuts from Didcot to the enthusiasts at other stations.  Again, the prepared segments, including the interview with Sir Kenneth Grange, were good.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode now.

I agree, tonight's programme was much better. I especially loved the bit about the prototype HST - that's got to be worth a programme, or even a series, of it's own.

I missed last night's programme but caught tonight's. If tonight's can be described as 'polished' then last night's must have been unbelievably dreadful.

Archived