TVNAM 2016

Northpoint

Getting to the show....

It seems that the cheapest option by far for me is to travel down to Litchfield at just £28.20 vs the £42.10 going Rugeley. Unfortunately I have to have stops at Tamworth as via BNS isn't available on that ticket, but i guess we can't have everything.

I know it's probably a big ask, but does anyone know how much the buses cost from Litchfield to Handsacre return? I can find the timetable for the buses, (annoyingly I get in 3 minutes after the bus leaves, meaning i'll have to wait and will be 15 minutes late to the show, which should allow the hoards at the door to disperse a bit lol) however, I cannot find a price guide and not being from the area it's hard to just pop down to the office and ask.

Nick - I'll try and find out the fare if I can.

Re Tamworth - I don't know if you're familiar with the station but it is a 2 level affair with the Cross Country route on the higher level and the WCML on the lower level so interchange is easy.

Re Tamworth - I don't know if you're familiar with the station but it is a 2 level affair with the Cross Country route on the higher level and the WCML on the lower level so interchange is easy.

No, I have no experience of Tamworth whatsoever, so thanks for that information. Had you not said I'd have had a bit of a shock upon arrival :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Had an ice long weekend abroad drinking great beer but thought that i better get back (although nearly didn't with the Belgian rail strike) and finish the layout.

Last night the warehouse on the extended board was assembled. Today I picked up some more styrene sheet to clad it. Hopefully tonight it will be sprayed white.

Away this weekend in Derby and Sheffield.

Still plenty to do but there is always between 08.00 and 10.00 on the day :O

EDIT Not posting any photos of bare boards as that would not be good for Nick

Edited by roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

At the 2014 TVNAM, I used those precious two hours to add people to the layout and finish my backscenes!

I will be setting up JMRI and adding turnouts to the track plan on the touchscreen as wont get chance to do set the complete layout up before then. Two extra legs to be built next week!

Myself and a friend will be attending, (I apologise in advance for his humour, it is a bit confusing at times, but he never means things in a bad way) really looking forward to this as it's one of only 2 shows I have planned to attend this year, (Spalding in November being the other). I'll be easy to spot with my facial hair and red Alex Zanardi hat.

Edited by NickBrad
  • Like 1

The 3d printing area looks quite big, so I'd better make more of an effort to fill it.

So if anyone has any 3d printed items they'd like to display in the same manner as a RPM table, feel free to bring them along on the day. I've drawn up a simple description form which can be filled in prior to the show opening. They will be exhibited on a permanently manned stand with a "no touching" rule, as I have enough test prints and more durable items that I don't mind being handled.

I was surprised to hear that some of you guys liked Brooklyn Brewery's products.

Some of us will drink anything - isn't that right, Ray?

I persuaded Mrs Northpoint to drive us out into the country for a drink or three this afternoon and guess what I found?

post-6943-0-49602200-1465057705_thumb.jpg

A the Robin Hood, Bramshall, nr Uttoxeter.

• Like 3

Looking forward to it.. not least because it will be the first time I've ever exhibited anything ever! I'm hoping that my conversion from 'built for home use only' to something that will work at a show pans out. Be gentle folks! :-) (Going to have a rummage and see if there's anything for the raffle)

post-7044-0-55506000-1465148027_thumb.jpg

New Field - just about all finished.  This won't be coming back with me at the end of the day now though, as a deal has been done and it will be off to a new home.

Jez

Edited by Jez
  • Like 6

Dear Mike,

I have it on good authority that some have travelled across hemispheres, thru multiple timezones, and covered many 1000s of air miles to attend TVNAM...

(No excuses... ;-) )

Happy Modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

Lookikng forward to meeting you Prof.

I shall be doing some tinkering on Friday afternoon. Don't panic Nick, I'm not extending it!

Buying the wood for the baseboard? Starting on the trackplan in anyrail? I hear that starting construction on Friday is a bit early by TVNAM standards... ;)

attachicon.gifIMG_2609.jpg

New Field - just about all finished.  This won't be coming back with me at the end of the day now though, as a deal has been done and it will be off to a new home.

Jez

That's been true of all the layouts you've brought to TVNAM, hasn't it Jez??!! :D

Like the look of this one. :yes: