Bachmann announcements

Andy Y

Some more changes from the Bachmann web site

Changes to CL 7F and Cl 37/5

The running numbers of the following items have been altered from information previously supplied. Livery remains the same. The affected 7F will now feature a flush tender. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

•31-012 CL 7F 2-8-0 53810 Black Late Crest Weathered - flush tender

•32-386 CL 37/5 Railfreight Metals Sector 37513

•32-387 CL 37/5 RailFreight Red Stripe 37506

a possibility in to the number change from 37518 to 37506 could be down to not having permission to do it, they may have been unable to contact the owner of 37518 or the owner has refused permission to produce it thats is two options, its a shame the number has changed since i was looking forward to 37518 since its my pet loco, but i can feel a renumber coming on to produce 37518 anyway now and they should have done 37511 or 37512 in metals they would have been a better choice i think personally and with the rail express ones you get 37501, 37502, 37506, 37507 and 37513 so im happy and can feel a few renumberings along the way to produce a few more thornaby 37/5s :)

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

The Scenecraft station buildings (well all except annoyingly the end ones) plus the S.R. Odeon signal box are now in at Hattons and presumably also now beginning to appear elsewhere. Order already in :D Good thing I have just picked up an extra rest day working on Saturday, means I can't spend money at Chatham show now, just earn it instead. :lol:

a possibility in to the number change from 37518 to 37506 could be down to not having permission to do it, they may have been unable to contact the owner of 37518 or the owner has refused permission to produce it thats is two options

I honestly can't see that being the case - 37518 would have been produced in what is now a heritage livery (railfreight red stripe livery), and as far as I am aware, you don't need "permission" to make a model of heritage traction in this way - look at the replication of Gresley A4s in multiple catalogues.

Now new classes, such as the Freightliner class 70s, I can understand, because they are current and the companies still exist, their trademarks and copyrights still being in existence, and so on, permissions being sought to make the models.

Perhaps the number change is down to the tooling? 37518 not being suitable for the tooling they are using.

• RMweb Premium

Odeon signal box now sold out already at Hattons though presumably more are on the way. Glad I made the choice to get my order in as soon as they were listed as I have the feeling these are going to fly off the shelves at an alarming rate.

I honestly can't see that being the case - 37518 would have been produced in what is now a heritage livery (railfreight red stripe livery), and as far as I am aware, you don't need "permission" to make a model of heritage traction in this way - look at the replication of Gresley A4s in multiple catalogues.

"Sir Nigel Gresley" has it's IP and Trademarks quite vigorously defended as I understand it so all commercial models of it (and particularly in current condition) must be made with permission. 37518 *might* have a similar set of Trademarks protecting its IP - I don't know if that is actually the case, but it would be one way for the owner(s) to get some return on their investment.

"Sir Nigel Gresley" has it's IP and Trademarks quite vigorously defended as I understand it so all commercial models of it (and particularly in current condition) must be made with permission. 37518 *might* have a similar set of Trademarks protecting its IP - I don't know if that is actually the case, but it would be one way for the owner(s) to get some return on their investment.

Did not know that - thanks for that Frobisher. So are both the Hornby and Bachmann "Sir Nigel Gresley" models, and the 0 gauge model in brass from L.H. Loveless are under license from the Sir Nigel Gresley Locomotive Preservation Trust Ltd?

Did not know that - thanks for that Frobisher. So are both the Hornby and Bachmann "Sir Nigel Gresley" models, and the 0 gauge model in brass from L.H. Loveless are under license from the Sir Nigel Gresley Locomotive Preservation Trust Ltd?

I think they are - I'm only relaying what I'd read quite a while back (think it was on MREMag). As I understand it, the Trust retains a right of veto, but doesn't necessarily charge for the use of the trademarks/IP for models provided the permission was sought out, but are more protective when it comes to books, DVDs etc.

• RMweb Premium

37518 *might* have a similar set of Trademarks protecting its IP - I don't know if that is actually the case, but it would be one way for the owner(s) to get some return on their investment.

Surely if the livery was that carried by 37518 when in BR ownership, then the copyright is(was) with BR. Both the preservationists and Bachmann would in principle need a licence to reproduce it. But I understood that all BR liveries could now be produced - only using the double arrow logo still needs a license from the Department for Transport, which I'm sure Bachmnan has.

37518 was originally D6776 so would have had extra dividing bars on the cantrail grilles. Perhaps Bachmann realised this might limit potential sales to those who wanted to just do a renumber job?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to blow the dust off this thread - nothing exciting to say but...

Does anyone have any idea when the Bachmann MBA's etc are actually due please ? Couple of the mags have reported them already released.

Just so I can prepare funding :blink:

I am aware they are on Bachmann's 60 day countdown listing .

• 2 weeks later...

Could be interesting to see at a later date which other Derby Light Weight vehicles that they do. Perhaps a special for the GNoSR fans of the BEMU as currently on the Royal Deeside. Or even the single car that is at Wirksworth.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Some more changes from the Bachmann web site

Changes to CL 7F and Cl 37/5

The running numbers of the following items have been altered from information previously supplied. Livery remains the same. The affected 7F will now feature a flush tender. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

•31-012 CL 7F 2-8-0 53810 Black Late Crest Weathered - flush tender

•32-386 CL 37/5 Railfreight Metals Sector 37513

•32-387 CL 37/5 RailFreight Red Stripe 37506

Sorry for digging this post up again but I notice on the Bachmann site that item 32-386 - Metals Sector 37/5 is now listed as 37514. So yet another number change.

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/new_arrivals.php?prod_selected=6

Think your going to be looking at the middle of 2011 at the earliest unless Bachmann know different

My highly honed sense of anticipation for the 3F on the quarry train has morphed into resigned frustration. I know now how the brass locomotive buyers here felt in the 1970s when new products from Korea and Japan were delayed by months and months.:(

• 8 months later...

Archived