East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Crun said:

An article on the dive-under in the December issue of Modern Railways states it will open in early December subject to statutory approval. Must keep some time off aside for the opening day. Patience is a virtue...

Do you have a date?

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

The three signs I photographed are in the northern section.  If there is a one zero marker that would put it somewhere in the entrance to the north portal of the tunnel.  I don't know off hand the exact distance from Marholm Junction to Glinton Junction but it is the region of 1.5 to 1.75 miles.

Using Google maps and the measuring tool (Google Earth Pro has a Sept 2021 aerial view with the finished track in place) I make it 1.77miles give or take using curve smoothing by adding lots of points along the chord.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

48 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Do you have a date?

No nothing announced as yet. My request via Twitter for a date from Network Rail has only brought the vague replies I have pasted on here. All I can get from Network Rail is 'some time in early December'. Someone somewhere must announce a date soon. As soon as I get a date I will post it on here.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Who's going to go on Google Earth Pro and use the Flight Simulator for a flyover of the diveunder?:good:

Looks like it could be fun, however I just tried it, crashed the plane three times!:(There's lots of wreckage in the fields around Werrington:yes:

Edited by melmerby
  • Funny 8

1 hour ago, melmerby said:

Who's going to go on Google Earth Pro and use the Flight Simulator for a flyover of the diveunder?:good:

Looks like it could be fun, however I just tried it, crashed the plane three times!:(There's lots of wreckage in the fields around Werrington:yes:

SCRAMBLE! SCRAMBLE!

2 hours ago, melmerby said:

Too rough for planes or trains this weekend as Storm Arwen approaches:

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2021/11/storm-arwen-lner-advises-passengers-of-east-coast-main-line-closure.html

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Crun said:

No nothing announced as yet. My request via Twitter for a date from Network Rail has only brought the vague replies I have pasted on here. All I can get from Network Rail is 'some time in early December'. Someone somewhere must announce a date soon. As soon as I get a date I will post it on here.

Could I be cynical and suggest that it depends on a Government Ministers diary and availability.

Jamie

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 27/11/2021 at 01:06, Crun said:

Too rough for planes or trains this weekend as Storm Arwen approaches:

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2021/11/storm-arwen-lner-advises-passengers-of-east-coast-main-line-closure.html

Visibilty not too good in Melmerby Towers just now:

snow.jpg.fdb9c712abccfdabe8269d872904a436.jpg

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, ess1uk said:

The dive under was supposed to have entered into service this weekend 

All I've seen is mid-December but no official announcement of the actual date via replies from Network Rail, on Twitter or in publications.

Edited by Crun

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, ess1uk said:

It might have entered service but it isn't in use. Note the red flags and blocks have gone.

IMG-0676.jpg

The railhead is still quite rusty.

IMG-0678.jpg

Some work still going on in connection with the Armco at the Glinton Junction end.

IMG-0679.jpg

At Cock Lane there is little change where the site offices used to be. The Portacabins are the far side of Coningsby Road.

IMG-0532.jpg

And the site entrance itself is locked up with notices of who to contact to gain access fastened on the gates.

IMG-0535.jpg

The bridges await removal.

IMG-0536.jpg

IMG-0537.jpg

Cock Lane footbridge is now displaying its bridge number.

IMG-0534.jpg

Some work still ongoing within the railway boundary.

IMG_0533.JPG.815e3bd43ace94b55b652a7ae36e9888.JPG

And finally, just for Mick, we have a marker post at the Marholm Junction end of the dive under. I couldn't quite make out the one in the far distance ...

IMG-0680.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

21 hours ago, ess1uk said:

I misunderstood your question and showed my ignorance. Thanks to Richard E for his information and photographs. 

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, ess1uk said:

20 hours ago, Crun said:

All I've seen is mid-December but no official announcement of the actual date via replies from Network Rail, on Twitter or in publications.

The first train showing on Real Time Trains is 4E20 1321 Felixstowe South Gbrf to Masborough N&W Gbrf on 11th December.

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:H01649/2021-12-11/detailed

It's a "Runs as Required" so might not anyway!

Edited by melmerby
  • Informative/Useful 2

5 hours ago, Richard E said:

Cock Lane footbridge is now displaying its bridge number.

IMG-0534.jpg

In addition to the two (plastic?) plates shown glued on the public side of the bridge span, which I don't see surviving for very long there is one on the concrete parapet railway side which should survive for much longer.

IMG_0764c.JPG.12677a4edad09e18608f801d93c6e7f6.JPG

5 hours ago, Richard E said:

And finally, just for Mick, we have a marker post at the Marholm Junction end of the dive under. I couldn't quite make out the one in the far distance ...

IMG-0680.jpg

I couldn't see either, my hands were too cold to be changing lenses.

There are new signs, mile markers as we now know along the Down Stamford.

IMG_0754ct.jpg.d3bacfa4f7a305627bdb048c05976a00.jpg

IMG_0754cc.JPG.f421f8300ad8a570c6d5a482bec66e0b.JPG

IMG_0755ct.jpg.58bd55b39eba621f57c45d838ab2308b.jpg

Edited by Donington Road
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, melmerby said:

The first train showing on Real Time Trains is 4E20 1321 Felixstowe South Gbrf to Masborough N&W Gbrf on 11th December.

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:H01649/2021-12-11/detailed

It's a "Runs as Required" so might not anyway!

First trains through the dive under this evening apparently according to RailUK forums. They included 4E20, 4E25 and 4E21 apparently.

Signal map posted on that forum for 4E56 (copied below) seems to bear that out as well.

101918-29b15e6339917a884f483adb2d4a58db.png.37cf59b3dd0410f4224130b89b2e6706.png

Edit - definitely in use, 4E43 is under the Parkway as I write held for clearance.

Edited by Richard E
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Trackside ECML went to Lincoln Road about 3:00pm to check if the sleepers and red flags had been removed while I went home frozen.  He saw nothing and went home then five minutes later this happened!

Totally unexpected.

The first train going north 66726. 4E21 1120 Felixstowe South Gbrf to Tinsley Yard Gbrf caught by Andrew Winch at 15:05.

1716412706_Documents_0012w.jpg.65718a0352e41b1caf0b52cd6058ce42.jpg

The second train to use the dive under 66065, 456N 1127 Bow Depot to Heck Plasmor P S approaching from Marholm Junction.

997253658_Documents_0011w.jpg.d8e8da24934d32fb432277760d18d2f4.jpg

Edited by Donington Road
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 3

1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

Trackside ECML went to Lincoln Road about 3:00pm to check if the sleepers and red flags had been removed while I went home frozen.  He saw nothing and went home then five minutes later this happened!

Totally unexpected.

The first train going north 66726. 4E21 1120 Felixstowe South Gbrf to Tinsley Yard Gbrf caught by Andrew Winch at 15:05.

1716412706_Documents_0012w.jpg.65718a0352e41b1caf0b52cd6058ce42.jpg

The second train to use the dive under 66065, 456N 1127 Bow Depot to Heck Plasmor P S approaching from Marholm Junction.

997253658_Documents_0011w.jpg.d8e8da24934d32fb432277760d18d2f4.jpg

Looks like a ride around the dive-under via several bridges will be needed tomorrow!

• RMweb Premium

Real Time Trains isn't on the ball yet.

It shows 4E20 (and the others) today as going via Werrington Jn. but did not have a timing report from there (not surprising really!)

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:H01648/2021-11-29/detailed

Railcam UK also haven't updated their diagram for all the signal berth numbers.

Edited by melmerby
  • Informative/Useful 3