WIGAN EXHIBITION 1st & 2nd October 2016

Eaton

Martin was present at EXPO North and I did comment that he was rather subdued..... The response was not recorded due to my delicate upbringing....

Dave Franks.

On the subject of check shirts,  "pot and kettle"   surely? and as to delicate upbringing,   my   *rs*!

Thanks are due to the Cultural Attache for Liverpool and the Mersey, Mr Ricky Tomlinson for his assistance in composing this reply.

Jim

I enjoyed the show today, a first class effort by all concerned. Just bought a few books and a couple of local (Wigan area) coal wagons lettered after long gone collieries - so long gone I had never heard of them !!

Only gripe was the long queue for a cuppa, had to tag along with the chip buyers - (the feeding hall stank of chips - well it is Wigan !!)

My favourite layouts were Black Country Blues, Burntisland 1883, Clifton & Lowther and Horfield, not to say there were any layouts I disliked - I quite liked them all.

Well Done everyone.

Brit15

Just back home in Glasgow and it was well worth the trip down south to Wigan. A great selection of both layouts and traders, and a spacious venue with plenty of room to get around. The traffic at Asda was a bit mad however ! Thanks to all who gave their time and effort to organise and exhibit.

Had a fantastic time at the show today. A really good mix of layouts and trade. The quality of the layouts was really high. I have to admit that Dallam (of this parish) was my favourite. Whilst there's still a few bits to complete, it just absolutely captures the atmosphere of the WCML.

It was nice to see Martin's shirt as well ... ;)

Archived