Kernow/Bachmann announcement at Great Central Railway model event (17 June)

Paul.Uni

I known what it is but I'm not allowed to tell you.

Well, apart from a quick peek at a pre-production photo I saw once.

:sarcastic: 

Don't know why, but I've ended up taking a liking to AC Electrics this year. I'm not going to say it, but it does throw another contender in to this list!

Push...Pull...

Is more likely to be an item in stock with a paint scheme not yet done by the manufacturer. I doubt it would be a new item (tooling) not released from the manufacturer before.  Has a manufacturer ever done this before? 

Do you mean has a maufacturer ever produced a new tooling for a commission? There are lots of those. Do you mean a Class 89? To my knowledge, only Silver Fox.

• RMweb Premium

91 + Mk4

Re-arrange the numbers and you get 491 - the original class designation for a 4TC.

It was only late on in their lives that they got reclassified as class 438.

Don't go getting my hopes up! :)

• RMweb Premium

There's still a week to go before their announcement and Kernow might drop another hint before then.

I won't speculate any more on this thread until they announce their new model at the GCR event.

I agree. I refuse to let myself start to believe that this could be a 4TC, but we have had the 483 (438) and now 91 & Mk4 (491), and only this week Mr Trerise used a similar formula as an excuse to post a picture of a class 86 on the 8th June on his facebook site......

There's still a week to go before their announcement and Kernow might drop another hint before then.

I won't speculate any more on this thread until they announce their new model at the GCR event.

Do you know what it is or are you guessing...

• RMweb Premium

If it is a 4TC (and maybe even a 4REP) I have no idea where I'm going to get the money for probably one of my most wanted models. It's been hard enough scraping cash together so that I don't miss out on the APT-E! :dontknow: :umbrage:

Do you mean has a maufacturer ever produced a new tooling for a commission? There are lots of those. Do you mean a Class 89? To my knowledge, only Silver Fox

Purely speculative :-

A completely new locomotive, would Kernow announce a 89 by Bachmann before Bachmann themselves announce it? I could see Bachmann announcing an 89 in Swallow and then having Kernow do a limited edition in GNER after the fact. 

Archived