The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those who like Aircraft pictures

DDolfelin

• RMweb Premium

Guam is a major tourist destination for Japanese and Korean people, it's not to far and offers a break in tropical paradise land. I've never been but I know Japanese people who love the place and go there quite regularly.

1 hour ago, jjb1970 said:

This is an unusual one at Seoul Incheon, a US Army RC12. Not sure whether there's a military compound at Incheon or if it was just visiting.

RC12-1.jpg

Got a few aerials there ! Guessing it’s DAB enabled ;)

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Some pictures at Ho Chi Minh on Friday night transferring for my flight to London. Vietnam Airlines have one of my favourite liveries, I think it's a lovely livery and they're actually a pretty good airline.

Vietnam350-7.jpg

Vietnam787-13.jpg

Vietnam787-14.jpg

Korean787-5.jpg

JStar787-3.jpg

EK777-47.jpg

EK777-48.jpg

JAL787-23.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

A few pics from Heathrow on Sunday. The weather forecast wasn't great but I decided to take a chance and there was a lovely sweet spot for taking photographs.

BA787-45.jpg

AC787-22.jpg

AI777-13.jpg

AI777-11.jpg

AA777-37.jpg

BA350-25.jpg

UAL777-23.JPG

UAL777-26.JPG

IA757-3.jpg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Some recent pictures at Ho Chi Minh City Tân Sơn Nhất Airport (SGN). The airport is quite good for pictures as it is a single runway which is visible from the terminal and it is a busy airport which sees a lot of interesting movements. Sadly, you have to shoot through glass but that's normal these days at airports, few seem to have viewing decks anymore (and if they do they sometimes have mesh up so they're worse than staying inside if you want to take pics. Side elevations of some wide twins, including the three versions of the 787, -8, -9 and -10.

ANA787-72.JPG

Vietnam787-35.JPG

Qatar787-7.JPG

ChinaAL350-52.JPG

Asiana330-12.jpg

Vietjet330-7.JPG

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

I remember when the Embraer E-Jet was the future but it seemed to go off the boil for them. I have always enjoyed flying in them (though I think the A220 a better looking aircraft).

BambooEJ-2.jpg

BambooEJ-5.JPG

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

I remember when the Embraer E-Jet was the future but it seemed to go off the boil for them. I have always enjoyed flying in them (though I think the A220 a better looking aircraft).

BambooEJ-2.jpg

BambooEJ-5.JPG

The windows of the E-Jets remind me of DC-8 windows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjb1970 said:

BambooEJ-2.jpg

BambooEJ-5.JPG

It would seem the economics of Ejets doesn’t always work . Flybe got some awful lease terms and it was part of their issues … airlines suddenly get over excited about pure jets 

• Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, rob D2 said:

pure jets

You mean of course turbofans - pure jets, ie non- by-pass airliners were banned many years ago.....there's still a few very old military aircraft with them though!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

BambooEJ-2.jpg

BambooEJ-5.JPG

I like the fellow on the bike.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeff Smith said:

You mean of course turbofans - pure jets, ie non- by-pass airliners were banned many years ago.....there's still a few very old military aircraft with them though!

No, I meant aircraft that whine that don’t have propellers 

Edited by rob D2
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

04:45 Woke up with start! Off to Nantes today (again)...

Pack, (because I didn't last night), then the bins out followed by the school run - that's after I defrosted the car!

08:15 Taxi to the airport - a clear run on the M60, most unusual but very pleasing. (The driver was from Bangladesh, so we chatted about the food, weather and how things have changed there in the last 25 years.)

09:30 Into the "Escape lounge" for a plate of their excellent sausage and bacon - plus another coffee.

09:45 "Go to gate" for the 10:40 KL1074 MAN-AMS

On the way I take this general view...

20240304_100231.jpg.c10eda29b61b38e2bd9472f89f9151ab.jpg

The Tui jets just leaving but the Jet2 aircraft has been there all night, and so has been recently de-iced - just like my car!

13:10 (local) Land at AMS a few minutes late. There were some interesting planes passing, while we taxied to D12, but I was seated on the wrong side of the aircraft...

14:15 (local) My KL1459 15:10 AMS-NTE flight is delayed until 15:45. No worries, more time in the Crowne Lounge...

15:55 Take off and I fall asleep - as usual...

17 something or other (slept too long) starting descent.

17:20ish Descending through the (low) cloud. A bit rough with "turbulence" and lot of up/down//accel/decel movements - I wake up proper. Then another GA - that's #6 in 3 three years with none in the previous 30!

17:35 Land. Still a bit rough but this time the captain was happy as he could "see the runway".

During Taxi-ing, I always keep an eye out for the old Lockheed Martin "constellation" permanently parked not far from the main terminal. (Pictures posted previously.)

17:40 This time, though, something more interesting was on the apron - an Airbus Beluga. (I call them Guppys for some reason!)

20240304_174108.jpg.dc0de91d7f5eb68245b7972805fc672b.jpg

With my Embraer 195 E2 in the foreground (no wonder we got thrown around - an A380 it ain't). You can see the weather is terrible - but clearing quickly.

Here's a better view of #5...

image.png.8879752eb9da34f5e2f88f264067ecf8.png

Not pretty, but it certainly makes a change from your usual airport aircraft.

18:15 Best of all - both items of luggage arrive on the carrousel!

Kev.

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1