Stoke a plan.

This is not relevant to my page Basingstoke 1958-67.  If you want to discuss what you consider to be the methods of signalling (Post 1967) please do it in the relevant RMweb section but not on my page

Okay, but you did post a general signalling post, rather than anything specific to Basingstoke (seen as there wasn't any mention of Basingstoke other than at the top of the post and a couple of photos).

Plus what I posted wasn't my opinion as you seem to think it was, it was based on some fairly widely understood facts, which were relevant to your post.

Simon

I notice you are moving all of the content from this thread to another one you've started.

You don't seem to like the fact that people can comment if their comments in any way differ from your own views.

As has been mentioned, consider starting a blog - that way you can be in complete control. You won't be able to cherry-pick comments on your new thread either.

Edited by Pete 75C

• RMweb Premium

I dip in here periodically because the scale of what you’re doing is very impressive and I know the prototype. However your condescension and abject refusal to ever acknowledge that anyone else may be right on anything and your ongoing arrogance is nothing short of infuriating!

I dip in here periodically because the scale of what you’re doing is very impressive and I know the prototype. However your condescension and abject refusal to ever acknowledge that anyone else may be right on anything and your ongoing arrogance is nothing short of infuriating!

Quite right. Glad you noticed. 

• Like 1

Looks like 71000 has thrown another achoolboy tantrum and taken his toys home

I for one will be sad if he has, I was enjoying watching this epic layout develop and I would have liked to have seen it finished; I'm unlikely to go to Spain to see the finished article in the flesh.

• Like 1

I'd just like to go on record and say that yes, the Basingstoke layout is a mammoth undertaking and I'm happy to follow its progress.

What I'm less than happy about is 71000's posting style. I intensely dislike his opinion of the Spanish, particularly his insistence that they are lazy, child-like and of low intellect. That needs to STOP on a public forum. He can think what he likes, but some thoughts are best kept in one's head. His superior attitude comes across as though he is better than others. He's not.

On a personal note, from one forum member to another, quit the "This is MY thread" attitude. Start a blog if you have control-freak tendencies.

Having got that off my chest, there's not a lot wrong with your modelling. It's your ATTITUDE that's being questioned here and above.

• Like 1

I'm disappointed that the thread has now been made utterly useless by the deletion of many posts made by 71000, and in particular post#98.

I was actively following this thread and especially found the detail posted by 71000 of his Track Circuit Control System for DC layouts extremely interesting ~ see (TCC a NEW system of layout control).

I was in the process of getting the parts needed to modify my layout, only to find all the detail has just been deleted, which is a great shame, as in truth, the full details of this system should also have been featured elsewhere on the rmweb website for posterity and not risk being lost forever.

Could Andy Y please advise if there Is any way to reactivate the relevant posts on this subject and have them put in a safe and secure place.  If that is not possible, could BRM editorial staff commission an article on this TCC system as it seems to warrant a much wider audience than it will ever get by being buried in a forum.

Thanks

Quite right. Glad you noticed.

Sorry, you have just come across as a complete ******** trashing the topic because you haven't got it all your own way. I locked your other topic so you couldn't make a mess of that too http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/133041-an-sr-layout/

I will be considering the future position.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I was actively following this thread and especially found the detail posted by 71000 of his Track Circuit Control System for DC layouts extremely interesting ~ see (TCC a NEW system of layout control).

Most of the topic text is still cached on Google, but you will need to be quick in copying it to your own computer before Google re-indexes the topic, e.g:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GEYtMg3iX38J:www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php%3F/topic/113725-basingstoke-1958-67-layout-and-stock/page-4

Copy and paste this into Google to find all the other pages:

1958 site:http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/113725-basingstoke-1958-67-layout-and-stock/

On the results, click the small green down arrow to see the cached page:

post-1103-0-00084400-1523113892.png

then click Cached.

Some of the images are here:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/113725-basingstoke-1958-67-layout-and-stock/&dcr=0&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-2JTGsKjaAhVGIMAKHRouA30Q7AkIXw&biw=2560&bih=1263

Martin.

Edited by martin_wynne

it makes no sense now to who like me has only just found this thread to find pages of just large green titles and then an arguement, a shame to not see the layout apart from the few in the cache, the thread has lost its context, so might as well be closed

• RMweb Gold

so might as well be closed

It is never a good idea to close a topic. It's bad enough when the mods do it off their own bat, without being encouraged to do it.

71000 might change his mind after a few days and put the content back. He might put it all somewhere else, such as on his own web site, and he would then be able to post the link here.

Martin.

• Like 1

It is never a good idea to close a topic. It's bad enough when the mods do it off their own bat, without being encouraged to do it.

71000 might change his mind after a few days and put the content back. He might put it all somewhere else, such as on his own web site, and he would then be able to post the link here.

Martin.

Normally, I would agree wholeheartedly with Martin's view, but on this occasion, I think the damage has already been done, both on the replacement website and on what remains of the original. Especially when all the images have also been removed!

Even if 71000 did have a change of mind and tried to put back all the deleted material, I'm not sure the forum software (or the administrator) would allow him to do so, with the linking back of the images probably proving even more of a nightmare.

To leave BOTH 71000's forum topics on-line in their current state makes no sense and in my view, gives a very poor public image of what the RMWEB forum is all about.

Personally, I wonder whether both topics should not be closed but permanently removed by the administrator. What are other forum members views on this matter?

I think it is very sad that the topic has come to an end, I was particularly interested in 71000s TCC system, the circuit is here;

post-15511-0-96819500-1523123899_thumb.jpg

but I don't have the explaination, perhaps somebody can add it, ie 71000?

Regards

Ian

Edited by Ian_H

It's taken me 1o minutes to remember this was the Basingstoke thread not Stoke, I thought 71000 had trashed someone else's thread about Stoke.

Pity, a big Stoke layout would have equally interesting as a layout.

I had noticed the big 71000 puddles this morning, it must take a massive tantrum to go through 8 pages of content and remove everything you can, even removing half of a title in each post too.

I don't think there is a tool that can remove content so he must have done it Manuelly

Edited by woodenhead

• RMweb Gold

I think it is very sad that the topic has come to an end, I was particularly interested in 71000s TTC system, the circuit is here;

attachicon.gifTCC - Track Circuit Control.jpg

If you are quick, it is still cached on Google. See my previous post: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/113725-stoke-a-plan/page-9&do=findComment&comment=3119239

Martin.

Hello,

intensely dislike his opinion of the Spanish, particularly his insistence that they are lazy, child-like and of low intellect.

I believe this is discrimination and the individual should be barred from RMWeb as surely it is in breach of the terms and conditions to use the site. :protest:

trustytrev.:)

Hello,

I believe this is discrimination and the individual should be barred from RMWeb as surely it is in breach of the terms and conditions to use the site. :protest:

trustytrev. :)

People have been barred for less so yes, good riddance.

Even constructive criticism and advice was thrown back in people's faces with aggression so why should we put up with such a person on here. :protest:

The 'don't you know who I am' attitude is unbelievable especially when he says he doesn't know who some of the most respected modellers on here are. :drag:

A big project indeed but from what I've seen so far the standard of the work is no better than what most of us were doing in the 80/90s.

Dave. 

• Like 1

People have been barred for less so yes, good riddance.

Even constructive criticism and advice was thrown back in people's faces with aggression so why should we put up with such a person on here. :protest:

The 'don't you know who I am' attitude is unbelievable especially when he says he doesn't know who some of the most respected modellers on here are. :drag:

A big project indeed but from what I've seen so far the standard of the work is no better than what most of us were doing in the 80/90s.

Dave.

since this is in effect a commercial undertaking, i wonder how far it would proceed if his spanish boss were to learn of his low opinion of the country, its people, their education system etc.

since this is in effect a commercial undertaking, i wonder how far it would proceed if his spanish boss were to learn of his low opinion of the country, its people, their education system etc.

It is not only the items mentioned, i was trying to work out how many droppers he would have to have and solder and the voltage drop you would get on a layout of that size if he wires it the way i think he had in mind. Still occasionally arrogance can be an asset but in this case I am not so sure.

Regards

Peter

• Like 1

If you are quick, it is still cached on Google. See my previous post: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/113725-stoke-a-plan/page-9&do=findComment&comment=3119239

Martin.

I think it is very sad that the topic has come to an end, I was particularly interested in 71000s TTC system, the circuit is here;

attachicon.gifTCC - Track Circuit Control.jpg

Regards

Ian

I am still trying to work this circuit out, something about the coil circuit is not right for what he is trying to achieve. Still the gentleman concerned will have more time at the bench rather than doing updates on here.

Regards

Peter

I am still trying to work this circuit out, something about the coil circuit is not right for what he is trying to achieve. Still the gentleman concerned will have more time at the bench rather than doing updates on here.

Regards

Peter

Hi,

I've spent a couple of hours on it and have come up with the following (With reference to the above circuit diagram - post #218);

Start:

All signal are green, all relays are in NC condition. The train moves from left to right!

T1 is grounded, R1 is energized and will remain latched through R2A, signal S1 switches from Green to Red.

T2 is grounded, R2 is energized and will remain latched through R3A, signal S2 switches from Green to Red.

T2A is grounded, R2A is momentarily energized through R2B which will release R1, signal S1 switches from Red to Yellow.

T2B is grounded, R2B is energized and will remain latched through R3A, R2A is released, +track power at S2 (from B wire) is disconnected.

T3 is grounded, R3 is energized and will remain latched through R4A(???),  signal S3 switches from Green to Red.

T3A is grounded, R3A is momentarily energized through R3B which will release R2 & R2B, S1 switches from Yellow to Green and S2 switches from Red to Yellow.

T3B is grounded, R3B is energized and will remain latched through R4A(???),

If there are any problems with the above then please advise.

Regards

Ian

Edited by Ian_H
  • Like 1