NEW OO gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 initiative

DJM Dave

Sorry Guys, but I think DJM has got to concentrate on producing a decent Class 92, with particular emphasis on livery application, nevermind 'gimicks' like raising pantographs and the rising cost associated with such an item!  I don't wish to dampen things, and DJM has some excellent tooling - Class  71 bogies being an exceptional example, but based on my observations of DJM products, the livery application is not as good as that of other manufacturers, and there can be lots of small print on a Class 92!  My Class 71 (Bleed between the yellow and blue, and slight lack of density with the white numbers), plus the recent PBA's (Slight fuzz on the blue, black bleed between the letters of ECC International ('al' suffering the worst), TOPS data panel too large, plus a couple the panels with bowing black lines), and variation in print density on some of the black lettering.  The wagon itself, has a couple of minor niggles, but on the whole its a lovely representation of the PBA, and are an impressive model,.  

This is not meant as negative feedback, DJM can produce great tooling, but it's weakness in my opinion is in its manufacturers livery application.

Regards,

C.

I expect the model will have a raising pan. The link wire beween the motor and the head will ensure that it stays at the same height and overcomes the problem of how to insert a chain through the arm. My guess is that British manufacturers have been shown/offered this solution from a single designer and a reasonable price if they order in bulk. It may well work out cheaper than for DJM to design from scratch - in which case I would be happier with it than something in plastic or of poorer design.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

For budgeting purposes are you any closer to knowing when the second invoices will be issued? There's quite a few desirable releases at the moment and I dont want to get caught out.

Thanks

Hi mate,

I have a meeting with 2 rail companies in the next 2 weeks. If all goes to plan, announcements wil be made and I will be invoicing for both N and OO projects.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi mate,

I have a meeting with 2 rail companies in the next 2 weeks. If all goes to plan, announcements wil be made and I will be invoicing for both N and OO projects.

Cheers

Dave

Great news Dave,

Have you invoiced all of the first-round ones yet do you know? I'm only asking as I've ordered another '92' but not yet been invoiced, didn't want to chase you too much as I know it must be crazy busy but would hate to miss out! :)

Cheers,

James

Have you invoiced all of the first-round ones yet do you know? I'm only asking as I've ordered another '92' but not yet been invoiced, didn't want to chase you too much as I know it must be crazy busy but would hate to miss out! :)

Cheers,

James

Likewise, ordered a further two models via email on March 3rd.  Maybe these will be invoiced later on?

Edited by YesTor

tried looking for the answer through the many pages of this & the n gauge version but cannot see a clear answer as the closing dates were put back several times.

so is the sign up for these now closed to new subscribers, if not how do you subscribe now? or is to a case of order the retail versions? (interest is n gauge).

tried looking for the answer through the many pages of this & the n gauge version but cannot see a clear answer as the closing dates were put back several times.

so is the sign up for these now closed to new subscribers, if not how do you subscribe now? or is to a case of order the retail versions? (interest is n gauge).

I think you've missed the boat (or class 92).... I'm sure the final deadline for original crowd founders was 30th June....

I think you've missed the boat (or class 92).... I'm sure the final deadline for original crowd founders was 30th June....

The pre-order page is still active for both N and OO gauge Class 92, which logically suggests that it is still possible to order.  So if it were myself and I wanted one then I think I would simply place an order via the DJM website and await a response.  I'm pretty sure that Dave mentioned that it was still possible to order anytime up to when he next needed to collect payments.  The worst that happen is a response that says, "Sorry, too late"... but if you don't try...

Anyway, here is the link... http://djmodels.co.uk/?page_id=47

The pre-order page is still active for both N and OO gauge Class 92, which logically suggests that it is still possible to order.  So if it were myself and I wanted one then I think I would simply place an order via the DJM website and await a response.  I'm pretty sure that Dave mentioned that it was still possible to order anytime up to when he next needed to collect payments.  The worst that happen is a response that says, "Sorry, too late"... but if you don't try...

Anyway, here is the link... http://djmodels.co.uk/?page_id=47

Thanks for above, already tried this and an email but no acknowlegement, hoping Dave will provide a straight forward yes/no answer.

Thanks for above, already tried this and an email but no acknowlegement, hoping Dave will provide a straight forward yes/no answer.

Hi mate,

Sent you a mail yesterday afternoon. Just checked and it's in your 'inbox'

Cheers

Dave

• 1 month later...

The answer to that is: Dave will post something when he has some news.

You weren't the person I was thinking of :-)

I think it is reasonable given the nature of Dave's post on 3rd August to ask for a quick update. I'd hope he wouldn't feel hounded by this.

Edited by WILLIAM

One could read from Dave's post that the meetings did not go according to plan or they did not take place!

Would one expect feedback if this was the case?

Should Dave advertise to his competitors that things are not progressing as planned? If so "that group across the road" may get some new customers and Dave's crowd funded project stalls.

Rhetorical questions from me

Hi from dodging Irma whist away.

Meetings did take place and they we're extremely productive, and were nothing but positive.

However when dealing with companies of size, its a process that takes time, and sometimes holidays, illness etc gets in the way. I know that one person within one of the organisations was ill, for a goodly time and as he was a large cheese nothing could be done without him signing off on the deals and then passing them along for others and then theres the legal departments and contracts etc.

So these deals affect both N and OO models so until this is done my hands are tied. However, rest assured they are terrific deals which will surprise quite a few of you out there whichever gauge you model.

Internet is scarce out here but thanks to a Starbucks coffee I'm able to send this but may not be able to reply until my return, whenever that is due to prevailing conditions.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Hi from dodging Irma whist away.

Meetings did take place and they we're extremely productive, and were nothing but positive.

However when dealing with companies of size, its a process that takes time, and sometimes holidays, illness etc gets in the way. I know that one person within one of the organisations was ill, for a goodly time and as he was a large cheese nothing could be done without him signing off on the deals and then passing them along for others and then theres the legal departments and contracts etc.

So these deals affect both N and OO models so until this is done my hands are tied. However, rest assured they are terrific deals which will surprise quite a few of you out there whichever gauge you model.

Internet is scarce out here but thanks to a Starbucks coffee I'm able to send this but may not be able to reply until my return, whenever that is due to prevailing conditions.

Cheers

Dave

Thank you Dave for the update. Much appreciated. =)

Hi Dave,

Hope all is well and you are staying clear of the storms.

Your post regarding orders and people not paying invoices when they came through had me check back as I originally noted interest in a couple of locos but then when the livery I really wanted came up I simply ordered and paid for that and deleted the other email. There didn't seem to be a clear way to cancel it/notify you of changes and then after paying for the one I ordered no confirmation type email was received either. I suspect others have done similar in the OO model when other liveries came out as well? It was just a thought that might have impacted on the ordering process and the data you then have to process on your side.

I do get the N gauge version orders will have suffered significantly as the revolutioN model was already so far down the line of research and hence already at the development stage it is now. However I hope that we do get a superb OO model from you which isn't impacted on from the loss of N orders.

All the best

Mark

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I expect it'd need to be in HO to be sellable to EU countries realistically rather than 4mm.

Given our loading gauge, even in 4mm it will still look tiny next to other European stock!

​Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

Hi Dave,

Hope all is well and you are staying clear of the storms.

Your post regarding orders and people not paying invoices when they came through had me check back as I originally noted interest in a couple of locos but then when the livery I really wanted came up I simply ordered and paid for that and deleted the other email. There didn't seem to be a clear way to cancel it/notify you of changes and then after paying for the one I ordered no confirmation type email was received either. I suspect others have done similar in the OO model when other liveries came out as well? It was just a thought that might have impacted on the ordering process and the data you then have to process on your side.

I do get the N gauge version orders will have suffered significantly as the revolutioN model was already so far down the line of research and hence already at the development stage it is now. However I hope that we do get a superb OO model from you which isn't impacted on from the loss of N orders.

All the best

Mark

Hi Mark,

Sorry i missed your post.

Just to let you know that despite initially losing about 20 models in N gauge to another company i have since replaced those lost with many hundreds (yes seriously) and the project is now totally viable and starting to gather further pace. The contracts i alluded to in posts have either been signed or are just waiting for crossing the 't's and dotting the 'i's, and i hope to have a major press release for both gauges very soon.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 7