NEW OO gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 initiative

DJM Dave

Yeah understood what Dave said and was just asking out of interest nothing more, nothing less.

I think an update to say where this project is at the moment would be useful to those who have purchased the 92's that's all.

At a guess I would say about 12 months or so, failing that,  about a year or 365 days give or take a lot.

Dave has given the reasons why, plus they have been written in enough threads already, and he is not willing to even attempt to tie it down any more for very good reasons as he has also posted several times.

Unfortunately asking the same question time after time wont change the answer.

To be honest I would rather wait for Dave to be sure that everything is as good as it can get even if it means a few hiccups. Models in the past have been criticised for having minor details not quite right, I think this model will be fantastic and will stand up to real scrutiny.

• RMweb Premium
  • 1 month later...

Good morning Dave,

I was wondering if there was any update’s with the project?

Hi,

Not as yet, I’ve now got an up to date project progress list on my web site, that I will, keep updated with any progress.

However, I expect a rash of updates regarding invoicing etc later this coming week.

Hopefully the checks get pulled from all the wheels and we really start moving.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

I private messaged you the other day, but not sure if it's got through...

I haven't yet had an invoice for the second instalment for the Class 92 and was wondering if I should have by now?

Also, are there any further updates on the project?

Cheers!

Hi Dave,

The situation as it stands is that the 92 in both gauges is having a ‘fettle’

In the OO one it’s to reduce potential cavity noise within the body shell for none dcc sound speaker fitted samples.

Most of the noise on std class 71’s was that in leaving a space for the large speaker, it then acted as a speaker box and amplified the mechanism noise rather a lot.

This quietened down with lubrication and use but was always present in the background.

So i’m Working on this with inserts and baffles to try and prevent that. I’m also working on a. Couple of tweets to the chassis to make both gauges even better, and included in this is changes to cab fitment and lighting units plus of course the change to the CR versions for the slightly different height coupler point as the real ones have / are being altered for mk5 operations and so to keep realistic derails on both the N and OO models need to be ‘just so’.

So no, you have not missed out on the invoicing for the 2nd payment, i’d Rather do that when i’m happy with progress.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Hi Dave,

In the OO one it’s to reduce potential cavity noise within the body shell for none dcc sound speaker fitted samples.

Most of the noise on std class 71’s was that in leaving a space for the large speaker, it then acted as a speaker box and amplified the mechanism noise rather a lot.

This quietened down with lubrication and use but was always present in the background.

So i’m Working on this with inserts and baffles to try and prevent that.

Dave

Dave

Would placing a speaker in the speaker compartment reduce potential cavity noise to an acceptable level in the DC model

If so would it be more cost effective to place a speaker in the place marked speaker or fiddle/fettle with inserts &/or baffles

Just a thought

John

Dave

Would placing a speaker in the speaker compartment reduce potential cavity noise to an acceptable level in the DC model

If so would it be more cost effective to place a speaker in the place marked speaker or fiddle/fettle with inserts &/or baffles

Just a thought

John

Hi John,

Yes it would help that’s for sure, but cost effective? I’m not sure, and I don’t want to put the price up as it might have a negative effect on those that don’t want or use dcc sound. And there is a chance that some might cancel and say why should I pay for something I’m not going to use? Having said that the Farish 40 was sold with a speaker fitted, so I will look at the possibility and costs.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

So i’m Working on this with inserts and baffles to try and prevent that. I’m also working on a. Couple of tweets to the chassis to make both gauges even better, and included in this is changes to cab fitment and lighting units plus of course the change to the CR versions for the slightly different height coupler point as the real ones have / are being altered for mk5 operations and so to keep realistic derails on both the N and OO models need to be ‘just so’.

So no, you have not missed out on the invoicing for the 2nd payment, i’d Rather do that when i’m happy with progress.

Cheers

Dave

Would have thought just a reasonably dense foam plug (similar to the foam that undoubtedly the model will be packed in) would be sufficient and easy to remove for those wanting to add a speaker to their model. Have used the same technique and material on other models to overcome the same problem.

Sometimes the simplest fixes are often the best and most appropriate.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Dave,

Off the back of the 74 project, how are things stacking up for the 92?

I have two on pre order with deposits paid etc, and while your page shows small revisions, this has been the case for some time. I guess I’m just wondering if this model in now in a similar situation or will it be pressed on with?

Dave,

I have two on pre order with deposits paid etc, and while your page shows small revisions, this has been the case for some time. I guess I’m just wondering if this model in now in a similar situation or will it be pressed on with?

I am also impatient to play with this model!

Dave,

Hi,

Only the 74 is in abayance.

Progress on the 92 continues. I’ll have some updates over the coming 10 days on all products so keep an eye out.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Only the 74 is in abayance.

Progress on the 92 continues. I’ll have some updates over the coming 10 days on all products so keep an eye out.

Cheers

Dave

Excellent news, can’t wait to see what happens next.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Excellent news, can’t wait to see what happens next.

Hi Dave,

With all the excitement about the APT I was just wondering if there was any updates as per your last post?

No news is definately good news guys,

The King is just finishing off then into the tool room, followed by copious invoices in both gauges and tooling for the 92.

HTH

cheers

Dave

• Like 1

No news is definately good news guys,

The King is just finishing off then into the tool room, followed by copious invoices in both gauges and tooling for the 92.

HTH

cheers

Dave

New to this site but just sent you a email regarding the class 92 in oo gauge brilliant Im releived as I thought I’d missed the second payment as I’ve been looking for update on your main website

Hi Dave

Since the initial announcement, you have made a number of new liveries available.  Will there be any opportunity for those who committed to a particular livery (and paid deposits) in response to the original announcement, to "swap" their deposit to a different livery?  Similarly will we be able to upgrade to the sound version?

Thanks

Roddy

• 4 weeks later...

Just seen this on Facebook- not my post but he may echo the thoughts of a few so any update?

Anyone had any updates on the DJ Models class 92’s in 00 gauge

Pwaid a deposit for 3 at the start , emailed last year about amending my order to have 1 or 2 fitted with sound.

And a few months ago asked regarding second payment as I’ve heard it’s coming up

Kept checking the website every week but no update

Emailed twice now with no reply just wouldn’t mind knowing if anyone as heard anything?

Not picking fault or anything like that just wondering if anyone know anything so I can put my mind at ease and also start have a idea of when the next payment if due ?