NEW OO gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 initiative

DJM Dave

Just seen this on Facebook- not my post but he may echo the thoughts of a few so any update?

Anyone had any updates on the DJ Models class 92’s in 00 gauge

Pwaid a deposit for 3 at the start , emailed last year about amending my order to have 1 or 2 fitted with sound.

And a few months ago asked regarding second payment as I’ve heard it’s coming up

Kept checking the website every week but no update

Emailed twice now with no reply just wouldn’t mind knowing if anyone as heard anything?

Not picking fault or anything like that just wondering if anyone know anything so I can put my mind at ease and also start have a idea of when the next payment if due ?

I am also wondering about this but further to a lot of postings on the DJM APT thread, it appears that Dave is in the process of setting up a business account with a more streamlined electronic payment system.

Apparently his Paypal account was frozen due to suspicions of money laundering due to large amount of monies going into a personal account.

Dave is probably in an interrogation cell with IRS and MI5 officers as we speak, who also want to be getting their pre-orders in!

Hi,

i think it was post 871 on here that i mentioned that as soon as the N gauge king clears first stage tooling the OO 92 would follow it into tooling itself.

then once that clears, i hope the APT will follow it then i have a good few slots booked for further models right after that!

Hi,

i think it was post 871 on here that i mentioned that as soon as the N gauge king clears first stage tooling the OO 92 would follow it into tooling itself.

then once that clears, i hope the APT will follow it then i have a good few slots booked for further models right after that!

Have shared the info in the modern image modelling in OO group on Facebook where the origional query was posted

Mark

• Like 1

Hi,

Don't forget to let us know well in advance, just incase anyone wishes to order any additional Class 92's.

Also, as per APT refunds on first payments and then re-sending via the new system.  Will that be the same for Class 92 orders?

Thanks,

C.

Don't forget to let us know well in advance, just incase anyone wishes to order any additional Class 92's.

Also, as per APT refunds on first payments and then re-sending via the new system.  Will that be the same for Class 92 orders?

Thanks,

C.

Hi mate,

Will do on the 92, and initial deposits wont need to be refunded and resubmitted, but subsequent orders and second payments will go through the e-commerce side of the web site when up and running.

Talking of which, i hope to have it up and live this weekend, and Paypal refunds for the APT by Monday if all goes well.

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Dave, I have tried to email you and contact you through your website but not heard anything so I've had to register here. Why does a customer who paid a deposit for a Class92 in all good faith in October 2016 have to wait longer to see their model than people who have paid deposits on the APT in 2018 and especially those who haven't paid anything yet for a King in N?

I don't think that is fair or acceptable and I would like an explanation please.

Dave, I have tried to email you and contact you through your website but not heard anything so I've had to register here. Why does a customer who paid a deposit for a Class92 in all good faith in October 2016 have to wait longer to see their model than people who have paid deposits on the APT in 2018 and especially those who haven't paid anything yet for a King in N?

I don't think that is fair or acceptable and I would like an explanation please.

Hi,

i've just checked and i have no mails from you on my (what will very soon become) my old website.

lots of russian spam, but nothing 92's im afraid.

The 92 is current;y being designed (not sure you knew, but i had to move factories, and couldnt take the finished design with me for varioys reasons), but i did have the STP files and the EASM ones and it is making the new design much easier than just starting afresh normally would.

However, the 92 will run along side the APT in the tooling, as the aitumn frees up tooling space due to manufacturers coming to an end with pre christmas rush production, so both may just appear at Warley this year with a fair wind.

the change of factory has helped with better sound recordings, better speaker space and the use of better design than previously for the chassis, gears etc.

The delay has been terrible, but things are happening now and quite soon i will be asking for 2nd deposit payments, so please keep a look out on my new web site. This should only be days away now ( i know, ive said it previously, but so much is happening behind the scenes, i'll make a huge missive of it in my annual End Of Year Report).

Cheers

Dave

oh, dont forget you can always ring me too.

I would have done so if there was a phone number on the website.

Thank you for the reply but you said last July that it was going to be tooled up and the you said the same in January. You showed an 3d printed model at Warley so why have you had to change factories and go back to square one and cause more delays?

It does not answer why the King will be tooled up before this and the APT.

• RMweb Premium

To cut Dave some slack there’s nothing that says he must release items in the order he announces them. Things progress at different rates for all sorts of reasons.

I would have done so if there was a phone number on the website.

Thank you for the reply but you said last July that it was going to be tooled up and the you said the same in January. You showed an 3d printed model at Warley so why have you had to change factories and go back to square one and cause more delays?

It does not answer why the King will be tooled up before this and the APT.

Hi, i think ive told everyone here whats happened regarding the factory change, in more than one thread. however my phone number is 07923 867847

it's on my new website, thats for sure. feel free to ring any working day, although saturday and sunday i may also be available, although as i'm at a show thursday to Sunday inclusive, it might not get answered due to noise and talking to customers, but please leave a message and a phone numer and i'll get back to you as soon as i am able.

Cheers

Dave

• 1 month later...

Dave, any chance of an update on the 92, maybe at Warley? It seems a long time since you first said you'd be taking the second payment instalment. I know you've shown us a 3d printed example, but is an EP anywhere near?

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Just waiting on the new Cad/Cam from the second factory. You would think cloning the cad/cams i have would be simple, but unless the cad/cams contain all the necessary sizes etc, as you would find in an STP file, you are really starting from scratch and using not only the works drawings, but also the original 'approved' EASM file for reference.

The engineer is on them now, and will incorporate all the internal changes i have asked for regarding electronics, speaker space, underside switches, ease of access into the cab, plus the etched work on the roof and sides.

Once this is done, and it shouldn't be too long now, i'll be mailing everyone for their 2nd deposits to allow this project to get cracking. Ideally it will enter tooling within weeks, not months, but that will depend on getting enough 2nd deposit payments to pay the 1st EP tooling in an expedient time frame.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Not urgent and apologies if already answered further up but ...

For those of us who paid a deposit initially will we need to re-order through the new website like with the APT or is just leave as is for now?

Likewise with the Stobart 92 in N and I see also in OO now do we order this through the new website since certainly with th N one no deposit was taken (though did express an interest but not had any confirmation of this being received so wish to check so as to not double order?).

Many thanks in advance.

Given that Hattons would seem to be commissioning OO Class 92's from Dave you would think the financing for the project is secure. For example:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/282539/DJ_Models_Dave_Jones_DJMOOC92_011_Class_92_92043_Debussy_in_Two_Tone_grey_with_Europorte_branding/StockDetail.aspx#15394390743812&_command=reamaze%3Aresize&_height=280&_name=_embed_0&_url=

Priced at £144.46, and with various other alternatives, quite a fleet of different 92's will be possible.

Given that Hattons would seem to be commissioning OO Class 92's from Dave you would think the financing for the project is secure. For example:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/282539/DJ_Models_Dave_Jones_DJMOOC92_011_Class_92_92043_Debussy_in_Two_Tone_grey_with_Europorte_branding/StockDetail.aspx#15394390743812&_command=reamaze%3Aresize&_height=280&_name=_embed_0&_url=

Priced at £144.46, and with various other alternatives, quite a fleet of different 92's will be possible.

That price is looking very reasonable compared to the Hornby 87 and the Bachmann 90 but Dave, if you are reading this, I would like to get it all paid up and delivered before May 29th!

That price is looking very reasonable compared to the Hornby 87 and the Bachmann 90 but Dave, if you are reading this, I would like to get it all paid up and delivered before May 29th!

Hornby and Bachamann didn't crowd fund theirs. They risked their own money and also have a lot more employees to pay compared to DJM

What's so special about May 29th? Apart from it being exactly two months after the Brexit date.

I would like a naked Kylie Minogue to turn up at my door!

When I was young, that was "in my imagination, the sweetest of sensation...' but these days I,ll settle for a class 92 in original livery.

(Of course Gal Gadot fully dressed in Wonder Woman battle armour would be welcome too. We could exchange swords and clash shields).