NEW OO gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 initiative

DJM Dave

Ok, deposit paid..... I must be starting to loose it, I can't remember if I ordered the sound chipped or ordinary "Ashford".... quick check of the receipt shows it's the dcc version.....

I'm thinking of ordering a second one, the Caledonian livery....

So a quick question Dave, can I upgrade later, or does it need to be now to a sound version?

Secondly, if I order the Caledonian one, can you add a sound version to my original order and amend the invoice?

Andrew Mac

Edited by Andy Mac

• RMweb Premium

Ok, deposit paid..... I must be starting to loose it, I can't remember if I ordered the sound chipped or ordinary "Ashford".... quick check of the receipt shows it's the dcc version.....

I'm thinking of ordering a second one, the Caledonian livery....

So a quick question Dave, can I upgrade later, or does it need to be now to a sound version?

Secondly, if I order the Caledonian one, can you add a sound version to my original order and amend the invoice?

Andrew Mac

See Daves reply on the previous page about 2 thirds the way down

• Like 1

Second invoice paid for my Caledonian version :) I can't believe that someone (me) who has no particular interest in a particular loco and nothing to run such a loco on has decided to buy two of them! And no, I have no plans at all to sell them on later for profit, I just want them! I blame the Caley sleeper using them!

• Like 1

Hi Mark,

I'm not going to announce numbers for obvious reasons. However, both projects are indeed, stand alone and are not dependent on each other.

And I'm glad to say, that both projects are going ahead as totally viable. Thanks to you, the modellers, having faith In the experience I bring as a designer and project leader over the last 10 years.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Mark,

I'm not going to announce numbers for obvious reasons. However, both projects are indeed, stand alone and are not dependent on each other.

And I'm glad to say, that both projects are going ahead as totally viable. Thanks to you, the modellers, having faith In the experience I bring as a designer and project leader over the last 10 years.

Cheers

Dave

Dave

while you may be reluctant to release production numbers by giving us an invoice number I feel you have given us a way to work out how many models you are producing

As for reevesthecat you invoice is 10 ahead of mine

John 

Dave

while you may be reluctant to release production numbers by giving us an invoice number I feel you have given us a way to work out how many models you are producing

As for reevesthecat you invoice is 10 ahead of mine

John 

Cue the next invoices having an extra 1 or 4 in front of the number!  :rtfm:

Getting there. Some have gone out already and the rest over the next few hours, once I've got a second coffee in me.

Work is , I hear today, resumed in China on the project, after their weeks holiday, and things are now moving on at a pace again.

More subtle info came to light yesterday that I'm currently looking at regarding in house tweeks to the loco. Plus the cab internal detail changes that have happened and will happen this next 12 months.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

until recently, I have followed your blogs over the years and so I was recently surprised to hear of this crowd funding initiative for a 92 (my gauge is OO). I can imagine the dismay when you discovered you would have to take on another manufacturer.

I see you have decided against collaboration.

but you also would both be in competition at OO gauge with Hornby, and recently DB Schenker models have been priced at the £50 mark - and I am sure have been selling at that price.

For myself if I had to choose between two expensive models and considering the recent problems with the 73 from Dapol (another 3rd rail dual personality loco) I would be looking for a manufacturer who would have a comprehensive catalogue of spares, the pantograph in particular I am sure would be always selling out - we just don't get good pantographs in OO and certainly I would be buying loads to upgrade my Hornby 92's and to fit to my self build pantograph coaches and so on. Then spare shells, windscreens always seem to fall out and go missing and if you have a Bachmann model - well it's a nightmare for spare windscreens; etched grilles and the like.

Please don't forget to factor in these spares into your business model. I haven't read it yet elsewhere on this thread but perhaps you should poll your readers as to whether they would crowdfund for spares as well - maybe you can get them to be manufactured at a reasonable price if the economies of scale favour it.

Hi Dave, I still haven't received my invoice

regards,

darryl

Hi Darryl,

I can confirm that as of 12.00 today (midday) all invoice requests have been sent out.

Could I ask if you could check your spam box, and if not there, can you just re-order please and pm me so I know it's coming, and I can sort it out for you?

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

until recently, I have followed your blogs over the years and so I was recently surprised to hear of this crowd funding initiative for a 92 (my gauge is OO). I can imagine the dismay when you discovered you would have to take on another manufacturer.

but you also would both be in competition at OO gauge with Hornby, and recently DB Schenker models have been priced at the £50 mark - and I am sure have been selling at that price.

For myself if I had to choose between two expensive models and considering the recent problems with the 73 from Dapol (another 3rd rail dual personality loco) I would be looking for a manufacturer who would have a comprehensive catalogue of spares, the pantograph in particular I am sure would be always selling out - we just don't get good pantographs in OO and certainly I would be buying loads to upgrade my Hornby 92's and to fit to my self build pantograph coaches and so on. Then spare shells, windscreens always seem to fall out and go missing and if you have a Bachmann model - well it's a nightmare for spare windscreens; etched grilles and the like.

Please don't forget to factor in these spares into your business model. I haven't read it yet elsewhere on this thread but perhaps you should poll your readers as to whether they would crowdfund for spares as well - maybe you can get them to be manufactured at a reasonable price if the economies of scale favour it.

Hi mate,

Despite a few early glitches with other models, all spares will be available for this model from release via my web site.

Cheers

Dave

Hi everyone,

Sorry, but a family emergency has cropped up and is taking me away for a few days. I probably wont be able to answer any posts in that time, or send out invoices for the 92 in either gauge.

Please accept my apologies and i will be back here on Thursday morning.

Could you spread the word if you see any questions pop up in any other threads, as i hate for people to think i'm ignoring them,

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

You can't really compare the Hornby model (or the old Lima one) to the DJM or any other possible new one. Whilst Hornby might paint it nicely, it is very toy like in its detail (especially the roof and pantograph).

Also, Hornby spares aren't always easy to get for a number of items (such as valve gear on certain locos for instance).

Hmmm, this has been covered many times before, okay yes, however the Hornby model is shamefully toy-like by today's standards, and I would have guessed only really suitable for the train set market.  The term "comparing apples with oranges" springs to mind...