Jinty's WB for 7mm

Jintyman

Kind comments, thank you.

I was given a 'Royal Mail' Heljan GUV to re-work.

I decided that it would have a replacement door (in blue) and a patch repair along the hinge line.

The body was to be toned down somewhat as the owner wasn't too keen on the bright red livery, so passes over with the fibre brush, then MIG rainmarks stain, worked into streaks with IPA and left to dry white. The body was then attacked with various weathering liquids and pastes and eventually passed over with the airbrush with soot and dirt tones.

I'm quite pleased with it, maybe it's looking a bit too forlorn, but RM red did fade quite quickly in service!!!

post-14906-0-87170400-1486307638_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-67574300-1486307645_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-98278600-1486307651_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-57480600-1486307658_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-23679200-1486307667_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-82991500-1486307674_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-52813500-1486307682_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-61286000-1486307691_thumb.jpg

Another blue GUV and a 'Blue Circle' Cargowaggon are also underway, so should be completed by mid week.

Jinty ;)

• Like 6

I decided that it would have a replacement door (in blue) and a patch repair along the hinge line.

The body was to be toned down somewhat as the owner wasn't too keen on the bright red livery, so passes over with the fibre brush, then MIG rainmarks stain, worked into streaks with IPA and left to dry white. The body was then attacked with various weathering liquids and pastes and eventually passed over with the airbrush with soot and dirt tones.

I'm quite pleased with it, maybe it's looking a bit too forlorn, but RM red did fade quite quickly in service!!!

attachicon.gifWB 088.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 089.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 090.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 091.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 092.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 093.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 094.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 095.jpg

Another blue GUV and a 'Blue Circle' Cargowaggon are also underway, so should be completed by mid week.

Jinty ;)

Superb!

attachicon.gifWB 088.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 089.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 090.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 091.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 092.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 093.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 094.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 095.jpg

Jinty ;)

Superb weathering on this - absolutely superb!

attachicon.gifWB 088.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 089.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 090.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 091.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 092.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 093.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 094.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 095.jpg

Jinty ;)

That GUV is brilliant Jints, I did a Parcels Van a few years ago for an article in Railway Modeller.

post-9335-0-65247200-1486314457_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I'm sure this is the guy who said he "couldn't do" buildings...

Ahh but you see Simon, I just 'Can't do buildings', it's different taking some weathering to a piece of stock!!!

Wonderful, love the blue door, how do you find the pastes David and which ones do you use?

Cheers

Hi Paul, I use 'Tamiya Weathering Master' pastes, a bit like women's make up, but I did find that if over coated with Testors, the weathering went a little paler.

I also use MIG powders, but very little on this particular item.

That GUV is brilliant Jints, I did a Parcels Van a few years ago for an article in Railway Modeller.

attachicon.gifRM Weathering GUV 024.JPG

Thanks Andy,

Nice, is that a Stanier GUV?

Hope you had a good day at the show?

Superb weathering on this - absolutely superb!

Giles, coming from you, that is indeed a compliment, Thank you

Thanks all for the other comments.

Jinty ;)

• Like 3

attachicon.gifWB 088.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 089.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 090.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 091.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 092.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 093.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 094.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 095.jpg

Jinty ;)

Wowwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just when I think you can't get any better, you go and completely surpass your last efforts!!!!

Absolutely bloody brilliant, Jint's.

Can't wait to get it back to the NE and see it with the other GUV's you have done.

Regards

Chris

• Like 1

They are all great pictures, and it truly is a work of weathering art Jint's, but this is my pick of those pictures, again the lighting is just right to make it hard to differentiate between a model and the real thing

Dda Iawn 

post-14906-0-61286000-1486307691_thumb.j

• Like 2

Have you another layout that these run on Chris the liverys a little late for crastor lol

Brian

Hi Brian,

We have another layout in the club which Dale & myself own.

It's called 'Forth Banks' and based on the Old Newcastle & Carlisle line that went along the North side of the Tyne through Scotswood etc during the mid 1980's.

It's a supposed station near to the old Forth Banks Goods Warehouse. It's an island platform with Engineers sidings, a small Loco running depot to alleviate light engine movements to Gateshead MPD from Newcastle Central and also a cement works.

The layout used to be 'Invergeachy' in a past life. We have kept some of the main features but have replaced & remodelled the track layout as well as lengthened it to 48ft. We plan to have traversers at each end which will feed in to a five road fiddle yard that will run the length of the layout behind the backscene. Though plans are afoot to make it in to a Roundy-Roundy layout subject to approval from the club's committee for the necessary space.

Regards

Chris

• Like 2

I think I saw invergeachy in a mag one time ,sounds like it could be some layout,I hope you get the approval

I'll look forward to seeing it one day

Brian

Hi Brian,

We are having an Open Weekend on the 9th & 10th December 2017 at the club house, you are welcome to come. Jint's came up last December so maybe you could get a few of you's together to share the driving etc.

Regards

Chris

• Like 2

attachicon.gifWB 095.jpg

Jinty ;)

Jinty,

A well observed and skillfully crafted masterpiece, thanks for sharing.

KInd regards,

Paul

Edited by pauliebanger

Hi Jinty,

What can I say but superb weathering on the NJX. 

Your class 37 is coming on well too, I notice you had problems with the buffers, Where did you get the replacements from? 

Cheers Peter.

I really must add my words over the Heljan van. This is modelling of the highest degree. Every time I look at one of your models I think "great, brilliant, he will never do better than that". BUT your next model manages to beat its predecessor every time. It makes me wonder just how much further you can go. It is not just the quality of the weathering etc but the thought and the imagination which you put into the  finished item.  

Absolutely brilliant.

Rod

Hi Jinty,

What can I say but superb weathering on the NJX.

Your class 37 is coming on well too, I notice you had problems with the buffers, Where did you get the replacements from?

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the kind words.

I used the Markits buffers in the end as the JLTRT ones wern't square. Markits buffers were £19.50 a set but superb finish. Purchased from Roxey Mouldings.

Jinty ;)

I asked Andy why we couldn't rate this and other topics in 7mm + modeling it was just an oversight Andy sorted it in minuets.

May I be the first to rate this excellent Topic, Well deserved Jinty.

Grasshopper

Thank you John, very kind

Jinty ;)

I really must add my words over the Heljan van. This is modelling of the highest degree. Every time I look at one of your models I think "great, brilliant, he will never do better than that". BUT your next model manages to beat its predecessor every time. It makes me wonder just how much further you can go. It is not just the quality of the weathering etc but the thought and the imagination which you put into the finished item.

Absolutely brilliant.

Rod

Very kind of you go say so.

I do find 7mm wonderful as a blank canvas, and that alone can spurn the imagination enough I think

Jinty ;)

There's only one word for that GUV Jinty......AMAZING!!

The weathering and the attention to detail, such as the replacement door, is simply superb.

Great work mate,

Cheers

Marcus

Thank you Marcus, much appreciated

Jinty ;)