Jinty's WB for 7mm

Jintyman

Oh no...............................................

Please, no.................................

I'm in Love!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been asked to slightly alter, detail, fit sound and weather this gorgeous little cutie for someone..............................

attachicon.gifWB 164.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 165.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 166.jpg

Anyway, if ever there was an excuse for a little industrial railway, this little Gem will be the reason for it!!!

Jinty ;)

Your not the only one 'in love' Jint`s.......

post-19751-0-33029200-1511119414_thumb.jpg

Next stop freelanced NCB layout. :sungum:

Tove.

• Like 7

I'm having a sound day today!!!!

I've been fitting speakers into Jinties...............................

Firstly here is a picture of two Jinties. The one nearest the camera is the San Cheng model that is in for sound fitting and the one furtherest from the camera is my Dapol one.

post-14906-0-08848400-1511270798_thumb.jpg

I have managed to fit twin speakers to both models as the tank area affords good space.

The San Cheng brass one is fitted with two long 2.5w 8ohm bass reflex speakers that have been slightly cut down at one end to allow fitting. All sealed up with black tack and fixed to the inside of the tank with some good strong double sided tape.

The Dapol version is again fitted with two 1.5w 8ohm medium sized speakers inside the tanks with double sided tape. and some black tack to help seal.

Just got the wiring loom and plug to sort out for the San Cheng version and then fit the decoder and capacitors.

Might not get them finished today as I've got to go to Anglesey later on.

Another little 30 minute project was to illuminate a Modelu tail lamp. This will be for the B-Set coaches and will have one at each end, again powered via a single function only decoder for the two coaches. There will be a plug between them and I'll switch the saloon lights with the same decoder.

I used a micro SMD LED with a 10k resistor and coated wire. The Modelu tail lamp was drilled out to 2mm very carefully before supergluing the LED into the body of the lamp and then sliding a piece of 2mm fibre optic through the hole to hold the LED in place. some filler will be needed to fill the hole in the bottom of the lamp, but should look ok.

post-14906-0-21659700-1511270806_thumb.jpg

More very soon

Jinty ;)

• Like 7

I have just finished a Dapol Class 08 shunter in BR Blue, I've added considerably more detail to it which includes Additional air pipes, thicker and more prototypical vacuum pipes, windscreen wipers front and back and weathered it, picking out detail where it was needed. It is also fitted with a Zimo MX645 21-pin sound decoder with Paul Chetter sound project (version 2) coupled to one of my own speakers and it sounds superb!!! 

I've got this item up for sale at the moment, if anyone is interested please PM me.

post-14906-0-84181200-1511727969_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-23634100-1511727976_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-85984000-1511727981_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-05105200-1511727992_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-34462900-1511727999_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-98849600-1511728008_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-91255300-1511728016_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-42201100-1511728025_thumb.jpg

Jinty ;)

Edited by Jintyman
  • Like 6

Your 08 looks and sounds superb mate, I'm surprised it's not been sold yet.

As I have just said on Paul Kings site, I'm having trouble finding colour images of Black 08's, plenty of Green and newer but no Blacks. If you know of any, can you please post a link on Penybont Sidings. The colour ones I've found appear to be in Preservation, like the one I drove at Loughborough.

Edited by Andrew P

Your 08 looks and sounds superb mate, I'm surprised it's not been sold yet.

As I have just said on Paul Kings site, I'm having trouble finding colour images of Black 08's, plenty of Green and newer but no Blacks. If you know of any, can you please post a link on Penybont Sidings. The colour ones I've found appear to be in Preservation, like the one I drove at Loughborough.

Thanks David, great images on PS now, really appreciated.

Andy.

I've been hacking around a San Cheng Black 5 to fit sound into with a twin speaker system.

One speaker is in the tender with the decoder and the other is in the boiler.

I'm not sure of the success of this, I think the speaker in the tender isn't working as well as the one in the boiler. They are both 3w speakers wired in parallel so should work evenly. I might try a bit of swapping around and see if I can improve the sound.

Here is a short video:

Comments always gratefully received.

Jinty ;)

• Like 8

Hi David, when viewing & listening to the loco coming towards the camera it sounds ok, but when the loco is at the side / parallel with the camera the sounds seems to go a bit mad and mixed, but it could just be these crappy speakers in this monitor, whats the sound like with just one speaker connected ?

I can listen with my finely tuned ears tomorrow when I am actually in the room  :sungum: and give a truer opinion then.

Best regards

Craig.

• Like 1

The little Heljan 05 has been fitted out with some air tanks as she will be shuffling air fitted stock around.

Some tanks were made up out of brass tube, ends made and soldered on, filed down and then a thin brass foot soldered on. Themn a hole drilled and a pipe soldered in place and bent to follow the footplate.

post-14906-0-88390900-1511903831_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-66318600-1511903842_thumb.jpg

Jinty ;)

• Like 7

O.K. Honest opinion, I hate Tender fitted speakers in OO, the sound always sounds like it's coming from the Tender, so without being in the room, I can't comment on the job you've done here, but I personally would rather have one in the Boiler and that is it.

Just my very humble opinion mate.

Comments always gratefully received.

Jinty  ;)

Whose soundfile is it Jinty?  I am guessing it is a YouChoos Black Five with the four even beats.  Thinking about the driving aspect, the driver would crack open the regulator to fill the steam passages unitl there was enough pressure to move the pistons, then he would give the regulator another push to get the loco to take up the weight of the train. One it was moving okay, he would give the regulator another push and the exhaust would go from a chaff chaff to a good woof. As your train is so near the station, he would shut the regulator at this point and let the train coast to a halt, as you did. Out on the line, he would of course attend to the cut-off, which when sorting out my own sound fitted locos I refer to as the 'secondary chuff'.

Whose soundfile is it Jinty?  I am guessing it is a YouChoos Black Five with the four even beats.  Thinking about the driving aspect, the driver would crack open the regulator to fill the steam passages unitl there was enough pressure to move the pistons, then he would give the regulator another push to get the loco to take up the weight of the train. One it was moving okay, he would give the regulator another push and the exhaust would go from a chaff chaff to a good woof. As your train is so near the station, he would shut the regulator at this point and let the train coast to a halt, as you did. Out on the line, he would of course attend to the cut-off, which when sorting out my own sound fitted locos I refer to as the 'secondary chuff'.

Why stop at 'secondary'?

My Jinty project has exhaust sounds at Full Gear, plus three additional cut-off positions*, each manually controlled with a new feature I've created, the Reverser key. For each reverser position there are three Regulator positions, full, partial and closed, giving 12 combinations of regulator and reverser in all.

*The Minerva Pannier sound project has this Reverser feature but with fewer cut-off positions.

Add to this the progressive Brake Key feature now in all my projects and you have enough sound variation and driving control to make operations truely immersive. Just flick a couple of tiny pieces of coal into one eye, sniff some steam oil and it's just like being on the footplate. LOL.

Kind regards,

Paul

• Like 7

Whose soundfile is it Jinty?  I am guessing it is a YouChoos Black Five with the four even beats.  

Hi Coachman,

It's Paul Chetter's own sound project.

I think driving steam locos is something I'm going to have to study and understand better. The driving experience day I had has sort of disappeared into the mists of time, although it was about 11 years ago!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

Why stop at 'secondary'? Why indeed. Most do unfortunately, and so it is a matter of doing the best I can with whats available. F-Key #5 has been giving an optional exhaust on some producers soundfiles which is useful.

My Jinty project has exhaust sounds at Full Gear, plus three additional cut-off positions*, each manually controlled with a new feature I've created, the Reverser key. For each reverser position there are three Regulator positions, full, partial and closed, giving 12 combinations of regulator and reverser in all. That is great. Are your sound available in general or are they tied in with particular loco sales?

*The Minerva Pannier sound project has this Reverser feature but with fewer cut-off positions.

Add to this the progressive Brake Key feature now in all my projects and you have enough sound variation and driving control to make operations truely immersive. Just flick a couple of tiny pieces of coal into one eye, sniff some steam oil and it's just like being on the footplate. LOL.  I like the progessive or active brake feature on F-Key #2. I put plenty of momentum of CV4 and reduce the aggressiveness of the brake on the appropriate CV as well and hey presto.

Paul

Edited by coachmann

My Jinty project has exhaust sounds at Full Gear, plus three additional cut-off positions*, each manually controlled with a new feature I've created, the Reverser key. For each reverser position there are three Regulator positions, full, partial and closed, giving 12 combinations of regulator and reverser in all. That is great. Are your sound available in general or are they tied in with particular loco sales?

Larry,

I have created sounds for a number of UK manufacturers. As they are specific to those models, that is the source for them.

Amongst these are RAIL EXCLUSIVE, Sutton's Locomotive Workshop, Minerva Models, Ixion Models, NG trains and Little Loco Company. The common theme with all these is that the premium for factory fitted sound is far lower than other companies charge, even for the same decoder brand and type.

Just to avoid confusion, my Jinty project is not the official Dapol sound project, so I have had no influence over their pricing strategy.

I have created over a hundred other projects (and many variations with that number) which are provided free with new decoders from Digitrains. (The cost of a ZIMO decoder with a specified sound project loaded is the same as the cost of a 'blank' decoder). This includes the Jinty.

My own 'extended' ProtoDrive, ProtoDrive Plus and Proto Drive SL (Speed Lock) projects will also be available exclusively from Digitrains from the end of this month.

Kind regards,

Paul

• Like 2

Morning David, have you fitted the Tail Light to your B Set yet? I can't seem to find any holes for it to go into, also I either want it removable to swap ends or switchable from end to end if I fit 2, any ideas please.

Edited by Andrew P

Morning David, have you fitted the Tail Light to your B Set yet? I can't seem to find any holes for it to go into, also I either want it removable to swap ends or switchable from end to end if I fit 2, any ideas please.

Hi Andy,

I haven't touched the B'set yet and it's a bit down the priority list of things to do, but I'm in the garage all day Sunday, so will have a look at mine and weigh things up for you.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

I have packed my B Set away but from what I remember there are holes for the lamp on the Brake end only.  I bought a Birmingham 4 coach set but will rarely use all four on the same train at Penmaenpool, but then it would be possible to have the two Brake ends at each end of the rake.  They would still need to be directional though and that is way down my priority list.

Paul

Anything new happening from today Jint's?

Not a lot Andy!!!

I've been altering the Balck 5 and finishing the San Cheng Jinty with sound and I've been fiddling around with a Heljan OBA wagon for a customer.

Also had a nice visit from Coachman today, whilst he had a go with the Minerva Panniers and the Jinty.

So here is the OBA, numbered 110102 with Railtec transfers. A Railfreight example which has been in service for a while now and has needed some attention with a few new planks here and there. It's also acquired a late Bauxite door at some point and someone retained the Railfreight  coloured strappings.

Here are a few pictures:

post-14906-0-54993700-1512338205_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-02724000-1512338215_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-32578900-1512338224_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-38229400-1512338234_thumb.jpg

It just requires a wafting over lightly with some road dirt around the bottom half and some black in places with the airbrush, and some mixed powders inside the body.

Hopefully I've moved it on from the standard Heljan somewhat.

There are also two R/F VAA's just about ready to come off the production line, hopefully by Tuesday.

Too late for videos this evening, I want a break!!!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 10