Revolution Trains proposes Class 92 in N

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Thanks to the positive response to the CADs.

For those interested in, there is more information about this model in Rapido's latest UK newsletter - see here:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1101318906379&ca=8ff4e781-15b9-4202-a07e-ea1976431a09

They have revealed one of our surprises - that we are planning to supply the un-numbered locos with decal sheets for the Class.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Just a gentle reminder to anyone who bought our TEA wagons that the 92 voucher offer included with them expires tonight.

And here are the latest CADs. Rapido have sorted out an issue with the cab front and now added an interior. Nearly there now, just a couple of tiny details to sort.

post-420-0-26656300-1480466191_thumb.png

post-420-0-64092600-1480466212_thumb.png

post-420-0-67334700-1480466251_thumb.png

The windscreen wipers will be photo-etched, like those on the Pendolino, to be fine enough. Those shown on the CAD are representative,

We are just having a breather post-Warley before checking all the figures and seeing where we are now in terms of orders. But all is very encouraging, and now the Pendolino is close to approval I am very much looking forward to progressing this model.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

As promised I have done a quick survey of transponder positions and it does seem that the majority of the class had them slightly apart from the grilles. So on the CAD we have moved them slightly. This will mean the unnumbered model is a better basis for more members of the class too.

post-420-0-12818300-1480590184_thumb.png

They have also made the very small number of subtle amendments I had requested to the front. The outer shape is pretty much there though some development work remains on the internal layout.

Once that is done we are hoping Rapido's tool shop can start cutting the moulds fairly quickly.

Numbers so far are very good, so thanks to everyone who has signed up.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello J,

Funnily enough we have recently been having these discussions with Rapido! Now the external "look" of the body has been sorted we have been finalising the internal layout.

On DC the top headlight will be on with the headlights. Some photographs suggest that it is not always used, but I think most people would expect the marker lights to work. On DCC it may be switchable.

The GBRf loco we are offering has standard light clusters, but for the Caledonian Sleeper version we are aiming to replicate the newer style of lighting.

Cheers and Merry Xmas to all.

Ben A.

• Like 5

Ben,

The top headlight is off more often than it's on. It's an additional light used in the Channel Tunnel and on HS1, it's not a top marker light, like that fitted to 66s and other more recent stock. On AC and DC domestic line operation it wouldn't ever be lit, except the locos that GBRf have modified to allow it to be used on domestic AC and DC settings.

Jo

• 1 month later...

Are you able to advise which decals will be on the sheet?

Thanks

Tony

Hello all,

Thanks to the positive response to the CADs.

For those interested in, there is more information about this model in Rapido's latest UK newsletter - see here:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1101318906379&ca=8ff4e781-15b9-4202-a07e-ea1976431a09

They have revealed one of our surprises - that we are planning to supply the un-numbered locos with decal sheets for the Class.

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tony,

No, not yet. Those sorts of decisions will be made further down the line. At the moment we are focussed on getting the tooling underway now Chinese New Year is over.

I imagine the decal sheets will include nuimbersets and decals for any locos not being offered RTR or as retailer specials.

Cheers

Ben A.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Firstly a cheeky bump to see if there was anything else on the retailer specials, secondly I noticed the artwork mock on the website shows 92001 as having the gold stripe, but no EWS lettering. I've not seen any photos of it in that guise, is that just an omission, and it will say EWS, or did it run like that?

GFX02-92001-1-1024x212.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Firstly a cheeky bump to see if there was anything else on the retailer specials, secondly I noticed the artwork mock on the website shows 92001 as having the gold stripe, but no EWS lettering. I've not seen any photos of it in that guise, is that just an omission, and it will say EWS, or did it run like that?

GFX02-92001-1-1024x212.jpg

Good spot! That is miss on my part - I will correct it.

What news of retailer specials will come from the retailers, with our support in terms of livery artwork, support information etc., but it is not our place to announce for them.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Helllo all,

It was good to see people over the Easter weekend at the York show. Always a friendly event, and in my favourite city too!

Rapido are also attending, and have some shots of the Class 92 in tooling.

post-420-0-30561200-1492357877_thumb.jpg

This image shows the roof part, with the cab roofs visible at each end and the beginnings of the pantograph well in the centre. This is the first stage of the process - the heavy cutting where most of the metal that needs to be removed is taken out. Next, copper electrodes will be used to gently spark erode the fine details and more subtle contours.

We will post more images showing progress when we receive them, but thought forum members might find it interesting to see the various stages of the process.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 7