Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Grimsby, Immingham and surrounding area

I've been pleased to see this happening when on my way to work. I also find the colour a bit OTT but at least its not been left to rot. We had so many fine old GC boxes in town many fell victim to arson once out of use, having one preserved example is better than none.

A friend has shared some images of Greatcoates sidings with me from back in the day and I have his blessing to share them. The trip to deliver coal to Marsh Jn is what is going on in these pictures.

All photos Geoff Hankin

img005.jpg

img004.jpg

img006.jpg

img007.jpg

• Like 16

Not sure about length of individual coaches but train pretty much filled Platform 1 this AM 

6 definitely fills the station, from this older image. 

From speaking to friend at station suspect the noise complaints won’t be far off 

27B8FB58-B4F6-42AC-9F75-E830716E8791.jpeg

CB934B79-C0B7-40E5-B116-203CF88C6A26.jpeg

Edited by DOCJACOB
Ameny
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JeffP said:

Are the coaches bigger than on the units they replace? Gone from six to five once again.

Cl 185: 167 standard, 15 first, x2 = 334 standard, 30 first

Cl 68/Mk5 set: 261 standard, 30 first 

according to Wikipedia

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately real job has kept me from volunteering at Lincolnshire Wold Railway but a recent Saturday meant clearing an old gate at Pear Tree Lane in anticipation of extending further South towards Louth. 

Fair to say the railhead has moved significantly too and is approaching the other side of the lane. 

A recent clearance means a view impossible for many years is back. 

61A3342F-9D13-4EF9-A4CC-94849A06209F.jpeg

5476DC05-4295-49E9-9EC9-38455116244D.jpeg

• Like 6

Interesting the signal survived. These late closure lines in Lincs seem to have harboured a few signal posts still standing after closure, the March-Spalding line has at least one still remaining and there were at least two others that were still standing last time I ventured around Murrow and Whitemoor in the early 2000s.

On 16/09/2022 at 22:43, jollysmart said:

Different loco ownership to what I have previously seen on these workings. 15/9/22 at Cleethorpes.

Excuse the poor phone photo.

thumbnail 5.jpeg

Out for a ride I paid a quick visit to Knabs bridge the other weekend just in time to see this and was a little surprised it was DRS not TPE.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mr Hankin has kindly shared some more old slides of west marsh. In this first one not only are there still slates on the signal box roof but the fly over is under construction. I think this puts it around 1982 or just before?

img043.jpg

img031.jpg

img027.jpg

img044.jpg

• Like 11