Hornby embargoed model....

modelpara

• RMweb Gold

3D hand finished prototype 800 on their stand including the Limited Edition Hitachi livery and GWR.

Wow. And that's after seeing the Pecketts in the flesh. Just wow.

And TTS as separate item, £40.

Safe to say Hornby's wilderness years are over.

Any chance someone could post some Peckett pics?

Cheers,

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Hornby have new 5 year deal with Hornby mag too, I think in the presentation it talks about full proper 2017 catalogue with issue of mag in early 2017, or part of mag catalogue deal. Other side of hall so check later.

They are also considering producing a 2016 Catalogue retrospectively - there's a poll for it on the Engine Shed http://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/news/the-engine-shed/stop-press-exclusive-warley-announcement/

Nice, the Dutchess AND an 87.  Hornby might finally be getting some of Wombat's scheckels in the near future after all.

I just hope the BR blue 87 (with cross arm pantograph at last...) doesn't have the TDMs on the front, most of the 87s which ran with both TDM and normal jumper boxes ran like that for just a few years (1986-7 untli about 1990) but whatever, it's great news.  For once.

Please, the 87s were fitted with MU cables and RCH cables later on. The RCH cables were used for the TDM system, which later replaced the MU cables, which were then removed. They were never fitted with TDM cables, as that was the box of electronics fitted to the inside of the loco. The RCH cables that were used for the TDM system had been fitted to coaches since the big four, to control lighting, later on PA systems, then to pass the digital signals for the TDM system.

When the full 2017 catalogue is announced, expect the full range to be smaller than in previous years.

Remember that Hornby are reducing the number of their individual product items by around 40% and a number of model railway items/models will be included in that cull.

Please, the 87s were fitted with MU cables and RCH cables later on. The RCH cables were used for the TDM system, which later replaced the MU cables, which were then removed. They were never fitted with TDM cables, as that was the box of electronics fitted to the inside of the loco. The RCH cables that were used for the TDM system had been fitted to coaches since the big four, to control lighting, later on PA systems, then to pass the digital signals for the TDM system.

Whatever.  The cables fitted to control, via TDM signals sent over the coach lighting circuits, the remote cab in a DVT or other loco, which were installed from 1986-7 on.

As it happens the CAD answered the original query, the blue release will just have the original MU jumpers without the other accoutrements.

• RMweb Gold

If this upgrade of the Duchess arrives it the shops with that infamous ledge under the Tender, Hornby will be an idiot. However I doubt it will.

On the Engine Shed page there is a picture of them measuring up 46235 at The Thinktank. That's good news as a) it proves they are starting from scratch and b) there will be no excuses for including any preservation mods as applied to not 46233 and 46229 (both before and after streamlining).

Yet again like the B12 Hornby are not listing what type livery the pre-nationalisation  Duchess will be in....!  Is it too much to hope for 1938 Crimson and not postwar?

Only five of the class carried pre-war conventional crimson lake livery and so while 'Duchess of Athol' was one of them, I am mystified as to what Hornby means by LMS 4-6-2 'Duchess of Atholl' Princess Coronation Class (Modified). Modified into or from what?  It never carried streamlined casing or utility style front footplating and the only mods as far as I can detect were a ex.streamlined Tender in 1945, double chimney followed by smoke deflectors. 

• RMweb Premium

We'll done Hornby! You're back! Great announcements . I'm happy to have predicted the IEP and 87 but didn't see the Duchess coming. . That 87 will do the job for me. BR blue with original cross Pantograph. The Electric Scots are coming!

Really great to see their response on the catalogue too and great idea getting it into Newsagents , bundled with Hornby Mag. A joined up coordinated approach, what a complete contrast to last year. Well done red team.

• RMweb Premium

New tool Duchess: l hope the trailing bogie (Cartazzi) has been designed to pivot. If so, great...the rest appears more than bearable, at least for the wallet! I heard a rumour that there was going to be a new tool Duchess, expressed my doubts, and was proven wrong!!!!

• RMweb Gold

Only five of the class carried pre-war conventional crimson lake livery and so while 'Duchess of Athol' was one of them, I am mystified as to what Hornby means by LMS 4-6-2 'Duchess of Atholl' Princess Coronation Class (Modified). Modified into or from what?  It never carried streamlined casing or utility style front footplating and the only mods as far as I can detect were a ex.streamlined Tender in 1945, double chimney followed by smoke deflectors.

I think Hornby are still traumatised by all the grief they got from calling the Air-smoothed Merchant Navy un-rebuilt (such a dirty word in Bulleid circles) and tried to play it safe with the Princess Coronation Class!

• RMweb Gold

New tool Duchess: l hope the trailing bogie (Cartazzi) has been designed to pivot. If so, great...the rest appears more than bearable, at least for the wallet! I heard a rumour that there was going to be a new tool Duchess, expressed my doubts, and was proven wrong!!!!

I was corrected on that in my chat on the Hornby stand.Not "new tooling" but a completely new model.Includes the two Ivatt built examples btw.

• RMweb Gold

We'll done Hornby! You're back! Great announcements . I'm happy to have predicted the IEP and 87 but didn't see the Duchess coming. . That 87 will do the job for me. BR blue with original cross Pantograph. The Electric Scots are coming!

Really great to see their response on the catalogue too and great idea getting it into Newsagents , bundled with Hornby Mag. A joined up coordinated approach, what a complete contrast to last year. Well done red team.

One of the most positve experiences I have ever had at the Warley Show.Great chat and exchange of ideas with the team who are keen to have our views and feedback.

Archived