Bristol Victoria (Blues in the 80's)

Andrew P

Guest 40-something

I didn't get as far as looking at the price, just the fact that I would need to fit batteries in Locos that are already full of Chips and Speakers etc.

Agreed!  Good idea though if starting from a clean slate

Liking this new layout, I'll be looking out for updates!

• RMweb Gold

Agreed!  Good idea though if starting from a clean slate

Liking this new layout, I'll be looking out for updates!

It is a fair reason! One's modelling has to be for one's self. If it makes you happy then that is all that matters.

I'm putting my 'layout modelling' on hold for a while while I wait for the new Peco code 75 points to match their new 'British' track - it does look very good. Both St. Breward and, eventually, Horrabridge will be built, but currently a lack of space hinder both. Having said that, I do have a rather nice set of 00-SF points awaiting installation in the Spring for Horrabridge. 

I need a shed! 

Kind regards,

Nick. 

It is a fair reason! One's modelling has to be for one's self. If it makes you happy then that is all that matters.

I'm putting my 'layout modelling' on hold for a while while I wait for the new Peco code 75 points to match their new 'British' track - it does look very good. Both St. Breward and, eventually, Horrabridge will be built, but currently a lack of space hinder both. Having said that, I do have a rather nice set of 00-SF points awaiting installation in the Spring for Horrabridge. 

I need a shed! 

Kind regards,

Nick. 

If I were starting today with No Track, then yes it would be worth waiting, but the question is; how long? if its a couple of weeks fine, but if it's 12 Months then that's a long time and a lot of Layouts.

Ahh yes a Shed, every man needs a Man Cave.

• RMweb Premium

Cor Blimey Andy,

Whittaker St meets Pencarne with the correct coloured diesels. I still don't know how you keep going at the pace you do. I got out the modelling bits today to start on Sheffield Exchange signal box, then packed them up again.

Cor Blimey Andy,

Whittaker St meets Pencarne with the correct coloured diesels. I still don't know how you keep going at the pace you do. I got out the modelling bits today to start on Sheffield Exchange signal box, then packed them up again.

With the House move at the back of your mind I know it's difficult to get excited about any Layout jobbies,

I had it before we moved in here, then the demolishing of the Old Garage and building of the Shed, then my Stoke.

Now I'm all fired up again and doing each job a lot slower, and having a total change of direction also helps. It's not the same sort of Layout that I've built before so it's another Challenge just as Kingsmill, Glen Roy, West Shed, Loch Leven, Porth Merryn, Trebudoc, Glenfinick, and Pencarne were, all totally different, from the last, and all running different Stock so again a total change.

You will get there soon mate.

I don't know, you blink and then Andy has planned, put down track and got another cracking layout on the move. It is looking good sir. I can't wait to see this develop.

Cheers Andy, it's been BREWIN (sorry about that) for some time now, so I hope it works out as planned, so far so good anyway.

Thanks for your support.

I'm exhausted trying to keep up. :lazy:
One minute we all thought you had lost your mojo, then out of the blue comes another layout.
I think you have got a magic lamp that you just rub, out pops the Genie and on command there's the next masterpiece taking shape.
George is right about 'All track Peters', you must have laid more mileage down than the great Isambard. :king:
First impressions of the track layout looks very good which should give a lot of interesting movements. :good:

• RMweb Premium

This new plan looks full of operating potential and quite a step up from Pencarne Junc. Great too that it's set in the Bristol area, no doubt we can look forward to seeing a mix of more Diesel Hydraulic and Western steam power. Also by the sounds of it some LMR thrown in. Sounds like a solid plan mate!

Squatch...by a pure fluke signed up on day one!

Cor Bliley Andy I'm away for a day and Willsbridge is locked and the new layout is already on page 2, probably page 3 by the time I've finished typing this. Good to see another layout with hydraulics on. I like your idea. Should be a bit more busy than Kingsbridge. Perhaps there could be a train originating at Bristol Victoria for Kinsbridge Regis nicknamed "The Royal".

Andy, a very solid foundation on which to build.

I anticipate with pleasure all further progress.

May all go well with it and you.

Thanks John, I will only post updates when relevant, especially over the next couple of weeks, but I just wanted to get the thread started.

Thanks for your support and back stage suggestions,(second Platform) it will greatly enhance Train movement and operation.

All the best.

I'm exhausted trying to keep up. :lazy:

One minute we all thought you had lost your mojo, then out of the blue comes another layout.

I think you have got a magic lamp that you just rub, out pops the Genie and on command there's the next masterpiece taking shape.

George is right about 'All track Peters', you must have laid more mileage down than the great Isambard. :king:

First impressions of the track layout looks very good which should give a lot of interesting movements. :good:

Morning Mick, Thanks for popping in and having a look. Yes the Mojo question was more a question of why people who seem to stay focused seem to suffer less Mojo loss than others.

George is right to call me all Track Peters, when I started Pencarne, George and in particular John Flann kept saying; remove this, do away with that, you don't need that, and they were right, it made an Idyllic Country Branch, this however is an Urban sprawl and TBH I wish I had more room for  more siding and a bigger Goods Yard, but hey ho I have to live with the boards I have. 

All the best mate.

This new plan looks full of operating potential and quite a step up from Pencarne Junc. Great too that it's set in the Bristol area, no doubt we can look forward to seeing a mix of more Diesel Hydraulic and Western steam power. Also by the sounds of it some LMR thrown in. Sounds like a solid plan mate!

Squatch...by a pure fluke signed up on day one!

Morning Shaun, Glad you could join us, there will be quite a bit of Midland and BR Standard Steam Power later, but there all safely still tucked up in bed for now. I will open some more boxes soon so expect to see Std 5's mixed with 9F's etc in and out of BV.

Cheers for looking in mate.

Cor Bliley Andy I'm away for a day and Willsbridge is locked and the new layout is already on page 2, probably page 3 by the time I've finished typing this. Good to see another layout with hydraulics on. I like your idea. Should be a bit more busy than Kingsbridge. Perhaps there could be a train originating at Bristol Victoria for Kinsbridge Regis nicknamed "The Royal".

Morning Alan, The Royal sounds like a very good idea mate, I think it will definitely need Warship Power though, hahha.

As you will see from the first pic in Post #1 I was only having one Platform as you have, but it was to much like your Kingsbridge, and then John Flan suggested a second Platform which was in my original Plan but looked over crowded. I reduced the size of the Goods Yard to get it in and now I think it's worked well.

You will need to factor in Bristol Victoria into your Timetable now as well Alan.

All the best.

Morning all, having answered all the above Post, I just thought I would say that BV will have a wide ish time frame to include the Blue Period, so that I can run my 47's 50 and Hydralics from that time frame as well.

Stock like these taken on West Shed back in the Summer.

post-9335-0-44168100-1482137012_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-91759200-1482137066_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-32404300-1482137097_thumb.jpg

And this from Pencarne.

post-9335-0-52155700-1482137254_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how this layout develops.

Mike

A new journey begins!  Looking forward to hearing about your travels.

Best Regards,

Brian.

Thanks Mike and Brian, I hope it turns out O.K. in the end.

Is it finished yet Andy?

My thoughts exactly Peter! ;-)

Regards,

Nick.

Not under any pressure then! :O I haven't even finished the wiring yet, and that's a nightmare, I hope to have it running in a week or so.

• RMweb Gold

I thought you might like to see the area in about 1884, so you can put your line in context. Is the 'Harbour Railway' your connection with the real world? I can let you have a scan at a higher definition, but this is as big as RMweb will take - pixel-wise.

Edit - I have just spotted a blog which gives the history of the Harbour Railway and some interesting railwaymen's anecdotes at https://bristolharbourrailway.co.uk/history/

post-14351-0-54786700-1482147363_thumb.jpg

Archived