WAL Pro One - worth a bit now.

Fender Precision (Jap)

Restarting but sold on

Peavey Microbass

AMPEG 1x15

MARK BASS 1x12 - Half decent amp.

Today:

SANSAMP RBI 

KORG PANDORA - Beats all the above hands down through Sennheiser Headphones.

Fender Precision '73 - Lovely.

post-7252-0-17482300-1482410092.jpg

Apologies Andy - nice Shed and Bothy - empty pockets indeed.

Ian

Cheers Guys, and some nice gear above, but it was my fault, I shouldn't have mentioned Gits and Amps, back to RAILWAYS now please.

I now have some new Pits to fit to the Turntable entry road, so I may do that tomorrow and finish wiring the Depot and Goods Yard. then have a break over Christmas with some serious running on here and Beale St.

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Guys, and some nice gear above, but it was my fault, I shouldn't have mentioned Gits and Amps, back to RAILWAYS now please.

I now have some new Pits to fit to the Turntable entry road, so I may do that tomorrow and finish wiring the Depot and Goods Yard. then have a break over Christmas with some serious running on here and Beale St.

My eldest use to make her own guitars, she would buy a body and a neck then fit the pickups etc, swapping them about till she got the sound she wanted. And she has made her own engines. Last lot of model making was si-fi figures and space craft.

My eldest use to make her own guitars, she would buy a body and a neck then fit the pickups etc, swapping them about till she got the sound she wanted. And she has made her own engines. Last lot of model making was si-fi figures and space craft.

Sounds like a very talented young Lady Clive, you must be very proud of her, not many females have engineering ideas, although I think there are more today than in my yooff.

• RMweb Gold

Some pages back  you mentioned a rock face

post-8525-0-95974200-1482440307_thumb.jpg

The Avon Gorge Bristol

And wanted a bit of greenery. Well there was some scrub behind the docks sidings here

post-8525-0-98051900-1482440284_thumb.jpg

This on the Docks would make a terrific model

post-8525-0-27664300-1482440275_thumb.jpg

And I liked this Bridge I think on the Portbury line now used as a foot bridge

post-8525-0-00894600-1482440267_thumb.jpg

Just trying to give you some of the flavour. When I worked on Welsh Back I would walk along the docks to the Industrial Museum where there was inlaid sidings and a Gauge 1 layout in the museum. Nice lunch hours.

Don

attachicon.gifBR4.jpg

The Avon Gorge Bristol

And wanted a bit of greenery. Well there was some scrub behind the docks sidings here

attachicon.gifBR3.jpg

attachicon.gifBR2.jpg

attachicon.gifBR1.jpg

Just trying to give you some of the flavour. When I worked on Welsh Back I would walk along the docks to the Industrial Museum where there was inlaid sidings and a Gauge 1 layout in the museum. Nice lunch hours.

Don

Hey Don, Thanks for some great pics, really inspirational, mate cheers. That Crane would be nice but I'm not going to model the Harbour or Dockside. that's back down the Branch / Fiddle Yard. Nice selection of Wagons in the pic though, and I'd forgotten about the Gorge, how could I forget the Gorge?

attachicon.gifBR4.jpg

The Avon Gorge Bristol

attachicon.gifBR3.jpg

attachicon.gifBR2.jpg

attachicon.gifBR1.jpg

Don

Andy dont ignore the docks, I would suggest your connection to the GW and LMS routes would probably have been from the West end of Clifton Down tunnel. That was a joint line the connection being from Stapleto Road GW and Fishponds LMS. You could then have locals from Bath Green Park, or Mangotsfield, and Bristol TM or Portishead or Weston Super Mare and even Westbury. All have precedants in the past wtts.

That footbridge is the remains of something far more interesting. It was on the Ashton Meadows to Canons Marsh line. The main connection to both sides of Bristol Docks. In my lifetime it was still operational as a double deck with a main road bridge on top. If I remember correctly it was also originally a swingbridge, crossing the New Cut which in turn was the means of maintaining the depth in Brunels Floating Harbour.

It was originally double tracked, later singled, and the last time I walked across (about 10 yrs ago on way to see The Who at Ashton Gate), the river could be viewd through the rust holes in the platework.

Andy dont ignore the docks, I would suggest your connection to the GW and LMS routes would probably have been from the West end of Clifton Down tunnel. That was a joint line the connection being from Stapleto Road GW and Fishponds LMS. You could then have locals from Bath Green Park, or Mangotsfield, and Bristol TM or Portishead or Weston Super Mare and even Westbury. All have precedants in the past wtts.

That footbridge is the remains of something far more interesting. It was on the Ashton Meadows to Canons Marsh line. The main connection to both sides of Bristol Docks. In my lifetime it was still operational as a double deck with a main road bridge on top. If I remember correctly it was also originally a swingbridge, crossing the New Cut which in turn was the means of maintaining the depth in Brunels Floating Harbour.

It was originally double tracked, later singled, and the last time I walked across (about 10 yrs ago on way to see The Who at Ashton Gate), the river could be viewd through the rust holes in the platework.

Thanks Tony, Yes my connection is as you have suggested, and I will have a Spur to the Docks, but I just wont be modelling the actually Docks, hence no Crane or Wharf etc. I fully intend to have Locals from both Bath Green Park via Mangotsfield, (inc some Ex S & D Workings with Bulleids) plus the Temple Meads and Weston Super Mare Traffic.

The area gives me so much scope and Train Formations.

Just out of interest, the bridge is currently being refurbished to gain a new lease of life as part of the Metrobus route.

Best wishes

Eric

Well this morning I fitted the Pit on the Turntable Road, (I'm still not sure if the Shed will have Pits yet or not) it went in fairly easily and lines up with the TT nicely. I have purposely refrained from a large Multi Track Depot as I still want a backwater feel to the Layout, and the whole thing is a bit of a take on Buxton as has already been said.

So here are some pics from this morning, and there will be more from this afternoons running later.

post-9335-0-86645600-1482511988_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-95087200-1482512035_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-45008900-1482512084_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-26806100-1482512145_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-67473400-1482512198_thumb.jpg

More pics later.

So I had a little run again today to test the New Kadee Magnets so what you see in the Pics is;

Western 1002  Western Explorer, arrive with a 5 Coach express into Platform 2,

post-9335-0-63762300-1482527038_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-68681500-1482527102_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-92523000-1482527152_thumb.jpg

Uncouple and runs forward,

post-9335-0-96016600-1482527218_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-11999700-1482527265_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-09441700-1482527318_thumb.jpg

The Pannier Tank 9761 comes onto the Stock and take it out,

post-9335-0-69359400-1482527383_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-44408400-1482527437_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-41754600-1482527506_thumb.jpg

And then bring it back onto the Middle Carriage Road.

post-9335-0-04582300-1482527558_thumb.jpg

Uncouple and back off,

post-9335-0-17122800-1482527615_thumb.jpg

And Western 1002 released from the Buffers backs down to the Signal Box,

post-9335-0-27395900-1482527678_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-65093000-1482527727_thumb.jpg

Then heads into the Depot.

post-9335-0-26818000-1482527783_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-30997500-1482527840_thumb.jpg

An excellent sequence mate. Can we have more?

Thanks Duncan, Yes indeed, as and when new Magnets go in a lot more testing will need to be done, especially around the Goods Yard.

Once happy with that I can start painting the Rails and weathering the Ballast etc.

That's a nice run in and sequence Andy, you'll get a lot of operational potential with that set up.

I take it you use the shunt facility of the Kadee's do you? I found it really good for shoving stock and leaving it in random places.

Jinty ;)

• RMweb Premium

That's a nice run in and sequence Andy, you'll get a lot of operational potential with that set up.

I take it you use the shunt facility of the Kadee's do you? I found it really good for shoving stock and leaving it in random places.

Jinty ;)

Over the years I've had couplings that left stock in random places.

Andy

Jinty ;)

Cheers Jints, yes the Kadee's are ideal for that, as can be seen in the sequence, that's what I did with the Stock into the Middle Carriage Road; Un-coupled, and then pushed the Stock forward to the Buffers. 

I've used Kadees for years now, my first Layout with them was my Exhibition Layout Glen Roy, they weren't that common on U.K. Stock at that time, and at Shows people would ask me to re-show them what I had just done, as most visitors still used the old Hornby Couplings, and many were astonished with their action and versatility.

Over the years I've had couplings that left stock in random places.

Andy

Hi Andy, Thanks for looking in mate.

Yes there are many types, Alan Jackson, Dinghams and many others, everybody has their favourites I guess and some work and look better than others, it's all down to personal choice.

Now that looks far better Buddy nice and neat, well done, cant you put the magnets in under the underlay ???

I do have some that may go under the Underlay and will experiment with some after Christmas, but these are working so well, and once their disguised as foot crossings will be half hidden anyway. It will be the Goods Yard ones that will be most noticeable I guess.

I also have an O Gauge one that is 2 inches square, but that needs cutting into the Ply to sink it in and its about 1/4 inch thick, so not a lot of use I'm afraid.

Archived