Bristol Victoria (Blues in the 80's)

Andrew P

Hi Andy,

Looks good to me, it's a bit like Pencarne on Steroids. The shed area isn't unlike Buxton. Enjoy the build mate. If I could do Llanbourne again I would do it on a curve.

Cheers Peter.

I thought you might like to see the area in about 1884, so you can put your line in context. Is the 'Harbour Railway' your connection with the real world? I can let your have a scan at a higher definition, but this is as big as RMweb will take - pixel-wise.

attachicon.gifBristol 1884 Central 1800px.jpg

Thanks Phil, that's an excellent Map and very useful, I've just clicked on it and it BLOWS it right up for good clarity, Cheers.

Phil's map is really interesting - click on it and you can see all the detail.

A terminus set near Broadmead would make an interesting scenerio.

And I was working from a vision I had one night, I had no idea that there really was a Station down there, hahah.

Hi Andy,

Looks good to me, it's a bit like Pencarne on Steroids. The shed area isn't unlike Buxton. Enjoy the build mate. If I could do Llanbourne again I would do it on a curve.

Cheers Peter.

Buxton was the inspiration for the Shed, after discussing the idea with Paul King for his O Gauge Layout, and your Llanbourne for the Blue Stuff. With the TT I can always run my Diesels and Steam with FULL FRONTAL detail ends when pulling and turn them for departure, so far better for Photos with no couplings on the front.

• RMweb Premium

Blimey, he's off again. Incredible!

I reckon you'd give Usain Bolt a run for his money.

Very pleased to see your earlier comment that this layout will take a "bit" longer, and won't be sold!

What did it say in the latest Hornby Yearbook, with reference to Trebudoc? "Andy is a prolific builder of layouts with a large number of micro-layouts under his belt..." Erm, very true.

Now - one question. I assume Bristol Victoria won't develop into a roundy-roundy - or where is Beale Street going? Has Dee given you permission to take over the living room?  :stinker:  :jester:

Jeff

Blimey, he's off again. Incredible!

I reckon you'd give Usain Bolt a run for his money.

Very pleased to see your earlier comment that this layout will take a "bit" longer, and won't be sold!

What did it say in the latest Hornby Yearbook, with reference to Trebudoc? "Andy is a prolific builder of layouts with a large number of micro-layouts under his belt..." Erm, very true.

Now - one question. I assume Bristol Victoria won't develop into a roundy-roundy - or where is Beale Street going? Has Dee given you permission to take over the living room?  :stinker:  :jester:

Jeff

Hi Jeff, I didn't know that about the Hornby Yearbook, I'll need to go out and buy a copy now before they all run out with everyone wanting an autographed copy, hahha :no:  :sungum:  :no:  :sungum:  :onthequiet:

Beale St needs a small but significant re think, basically I've used to many Points to make a simple Yard, so I'll have a re look at that after Christmas, but BV is NOT going all round, it will remain a Terminus, as I said in Post #1, I enjoyed playing on Bacup so much, I want something similar, but very basic.

Hi Jeff, I didn't know that about the Hornby Yearbook, I'll need to go out and buy a copy now before they all run out with everyone wanting an autographed copy, hahha :no:  :sungum:  :no:  :sungum:  :onthequiet:

Beale St needs a small but significant re think, basically I've used to many Points to make a simple Yard, so I'll have a re look at that after Christmas, but BV is NOT going all round, it will remain a Terminus, as I said in Post #1, I enjoyed playing on Bacup so much, I want something similar, but very basic.

Now I will definitely need a Hornby Yearbook. As regards BV it will remain a terminus says Mr P. However by New Year's Day it my have become a roundy round layout with a central helix to trains to a lower level storage yard!

Cheers Gang, Well I've put Power to the Track, and please to say that Colour Coding does work and so NO short circuits and the 47560 Tamar had the honour of being the first Loco to run into Bristol Victoria under its own power, (i.e. not pushed along) and I was more than pleased.

post-9335-0-16508600-1482170399_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-52655500-1482170425_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-18680300-1482170457_thumb.jpg

Then along came the Pannier Tank 9761.

post-9335-0-50960600-1482170484_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-04563500-1482170535_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-77410600-1482170582_thumb.jpg

More pics later.

Who moved that ruddy Signal Box????????

I guess I should have used 47508, S.S. Great Britain for the first run into BV as she is Moored there, and my Dad went for lunch on her, (the Ship that is) with Prince Phillip, (and a few other people) many years ago.

Just a thought Andy - your scenics will have to be a bit more "urban" than Pencarne, no caravans and happy campers, village in the background, etc.  What is your thinking on this aspect of the build?

Regards,

Brian.

Just a thought Andy - your scenics will have to be a bit more "urban" than Pencarne, no caravans and happy campers, village in the background, etc.  What is your thinking on this aspect of the build?

Regards,

Brian.

Bu66erd if I know, I hadn't even thought of that Brian, I HATE / LOATH / DETEST / CANT make Buildings so I will just have to paste some pics of Warehouses along the back and hope for the best, :no:  :secret:  :sarcastichand:

Regards,

Brian.

Bu66erd if I know, I hadn't even thought of that Brian, I HATE / LOATH / DETEST / CANT make Buildings so I will just have to paste some pics of Warehouses along the back and hope for the best, :no:  :secret:  :sarcastichand:

Can I have SOME greenery, like a Hill or Cutting or something for the Tracks to disappear into?     PLEASE.

Regards,

Brian.

Can I have SOME greenery, like a Hill or Cutting or something for the Tracks to disappear into?     PLEASE.

TBH I was going to do a Rock Cutting a bit like the one on Borchester Market, but I'm not sure where the Fiddle Yard will start yet. If it goes at 90 degrees like Pencarne did then there will just be Road Bridge where the Tracks end at the moment, but IF I go further around I would like to split the Lines for the Midlands and Western Routes before two separate Fiddle Yards as that would make both scenic's and operation more interesting..

I can't believe the speed at which you work. But remember it is YOUR layout, you choose the setting. Like you I was unsure about buildings. For warehouses have a look at American kits e.g. Walters. Easy to put together and as they have four sides good to be built in2 or even 4 low relief buildings.

I can't believe the speed at which you work. But remember it is YOUR layout, you choose the setting. Like you I was unsure about buildings. For warehouses have a look at American kits e.g. Walters. Easy to put together and as they have four sides good to be built in2 or even 4 low relief buildings.

Nice idea Alan, Thanks for that. my mate used some on his industrial Layout and they were superb.

• RMweb Gold

Phil's map is really interesting - click on it and you can see all the detail.

A terminus set near Broadmead would make an interesting scenerio.

I am pleased it interested you and others. The gazetteer has a slightly odd collection of English city maps. It includes Hastings and Tunbridge Wells, but not York or Portsmouth. Dad dated its publication to c1884 by the railways that are shown. If anyone wants a similar map of a city or English county they only have to ask. This section is about a third of a double spread, Some cities run to two double spreads and London to several, with a separate double of the railways. The English counties are in a scale of roughly a centimetre to a mile. Scotland and Ireland are mapped in a smaller scale and I think my Grandfather must have given Wales to someone, as that is missing altogether.

For the next month or so you can see those that I have scanned at http://www.ipernity.com/doc/philsutters/album/555379 - but the site is likely to close at the end of January 2017.

Archived