Bristol Victoria (Blues in the 80's)

Andrew P

Andy l did not notice the foam underlay at first, will take away the rumble a treat, looking forward to a play on new years eve ?

Cheers Bud, We'll have a bit of a Run, although I doubt there'll be any more Track laid by then, as I have a busy week ahead.

And he's under starters orders........and he's off!!!

I've only been away for 4 days and you're already on page 4. That's a page a DAY!!!

Anyway Buddy it's looking great so far. Pencarne on Steroids springs to mind. Although that shed looks, as others have said, suspiciously Buxton like.

Anyway it looks as if it's going to have plenty have play value, sorry operational interest, that should keep you entertained for hours.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus, Late to the Party as usual, and all the Beers gone I'm afraid mate.

Yes the Shed area is inspired by Buxton, and I think it flows quite well, Plus just being Locos I don't have to worry about uncoupling etc at the Back of the Layout.

Still loads to do in 2017 so should keep me out of mischief a bit.

I've not done a lot this morning TBH, as I fancied a nice bit of fresh air with the Dog, so we went up to Swad Woodlands, and a biting cold wind it was too.

So this morning I un-hot glue gunned the old Depot, (that's posh talk for pulled it apart).

I then used the old back of the Office Block to make a back wall for the Shed, being Plaster it was a bit of a faf to get it all to re fit, and then Hot Glue Gunned it all back together.

I also cut the back lugs off the Office Block to line up with the roof, (just) and then re-Glued that back together, so now I have a half decent Shed and a Boffey for the Yard.

post-9335-0-32103400-1482243696_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-09278000-1482243723_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-68647400-1482243741_thumb.jpg

This looks like a great layout and I look forward to seeing it take shape.

My only complaint is that you have nicked the name I was planning to use for my next N gauge layout. :jester:

Sorry about that mate. hahha :sungum:

Andy,

How do you intend to work the points?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave, Good question, most will be Peco PL10 Motors and mounted under the Base Board, some Motors will need to be mounted away from the Point and controlled by a rod / wire. There are a couple that have to have Peco PL11 the side mounted Motors.

Hi Dave, Good question, most will be Peco PL10 Motors and mounted under the Base Board, some Motors will need to be mounted away from the Point and controlled by a rod / wire. There are a couple that have to have Peco PL11 the side mounted Motors.

DCC control of the points or something more conventional Andy?

TBH on Danemouth I have used DCC via my Powercab - I do like the macros for use as route setting.

Cheers.

Dave

DCC control of the points or something more conventional Andy?

TBH on Danemouth I have used DCC via my Powercab - I do like the macros for use as route setting.

Cheers.

Dave

No, nothing complicated Dave, I've tried controlling Points and Signals from the Hand set and didn't like it. I will use the Peco Levers in the Peco frame the same as I did on Pencarne, as I feel Pulling a lever and seeing a Signal change or Point throw is very satisfying.

That's looking the 'dogs ######' Andy think your on to a winner there. Mind due I'm sure it will get changed in the new year

Hahhah I daren't change it, Andy Y would go mad if I said I wanted to start ANOTHER thread, anyway, a Mainline ish Terminus is something different for me so all I need to decide on next is how far I go with it, do I start the Fiddle Yard from where the Tracks currently end, or, do I make a U shape of it and put the Fiddle Yard where Beale St is at the moment and have a decent run from the Fiddle Yard to the Buffer's, choices, choices, choices.

I won't make a final decision until after Christmas now as I'm out again all day tomorrow for a Full blown Christmas Meal at Lunch time with Dee and Mother, so will probably check the inside of the old eyelids when I get home.

George T is coming down on New Years Eve and were going to Loughborough for the Day for some real inspiration, and I'll get some ideas from him, although he'll probably say; get rid of the OO and GO TOTALY  ''O''. hahha. :nono:  :nono: :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  

George T is coming down on New Years Eve and were going to Loughborough for the Day for some real inspiration, and I'll get some ideas from him, although he'll probably say; get rid of the OO and GO TOTALY  ''O''. hahha. :nono:  :nono: :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  

Seems like everyone has a friend like that! I have one who's trying to talk me into letting me help him build an HO scale model of a station here in Victoria... in my shed!

I must say, this must be something of a record! I go off for two days! and by the time I'm back it's a new thread, with track being laid, and 5 pages in!

All the best with this one, looks like it'll be a treat!

Peter

Seems like everyone has a friend like that! I have one who's trying to talk me into letting me help him build an HO scale model of a station here in Victoria... in my shed!

I must say, this must be something of a record! I go off for two days! and by the time I'm back it's a new thread, with track being laid, and 5 pages in!

All the best with this one, looks like it'll be a treat!

Peter

Cheers Peter, George has cost me a fortune over the years, saying lets do this / lets do that, it was the same when we had the Band, Fender Strats, Gibson Le Pauls, Fender Amps / Marshall Amps, hahhah, all great fun, and we always look back and laugh about it with EMPTY POCKETS. hahhah :no:  :no: :no:  

Cheers Peter, George has cost me a fortune over the years, saying lets do this / lets do that, it was the same when we had the Band, Fender Strats, Gibson Le Pauls, Fender Amps / Marshall Amps, hahhah, all great fun, and we always look back and laugh about it with EMPTY POCKETS. hahhah :no: :no: :no:

See, your mistake was in not using Orange amps.

You'd have been bigger than the Beatles if you'd only chosen the correct amplifier, and could have a brick built potting shed with space for this, Beale St and that Gauge 1 model of Gare D'Austerlitz that you've always dreamt of.

Kids, if you're starting a band, get Orange amps - you can't miss them, they're bright orange.

;)

You'd have been bigger than the Beatles if you'd only chosen the correct amplifier, and could have a brick built potting shed with space for this, Beale St and that Gauge 1 model of Gare D'Austerlitz that you've always dreamt of.

Kids, if you're starting a band, get Orange amps - you can't miss them, they're bright orange.

;)

Cheers Zomboid, bit bright for me, but a lovely Tone, I did try one once, but not my sound.

Now TALKING OF SOUND, I'm off out into the Shed for a little bit of a Play TESTING I mean, and plan the next jobs for tomorrow.

I'm off out into the Shed for a little bit of a Play TESTING I mean, and plan the next jobs for tomorrow.

Christmas greetings to you and Dee. :sungum: 

If you are running any santa specials from BV today would you kindly have a word with the man in red as I am getting worried my christmas order for the dear wife isn't going to arrive in time. :scared:

Christmas greetings to you and Dee. :sungum:

If you are running any santa specials from BV today would you kindly have a word with the man in red as I am getting worried my christmas order for the dear wife isn't going to arrive in time. :scared:

Pressie for the WIFE :O  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared: ...............................................Oh B*****************************************

I knew there was something I had to do. :no:

Cheers Mick and a very Merry Christmas to you and all your Family and a Happy New Year to you all.

;)

I've used Orange 1x12 cab with a Hayden Amp and now use the micro terror :) I love Orange Amps and even the micro terror is amazing :). You can't go wrong with em!

I play a Les Paul and pod 500hdx for the effects so I use a parametric eq to dial out the fizzy spots

Loving the progress on this layout the track plan is genius :)

Archived