Tinner's Forge

• RMweb Gold

Todays plans include :

Replacing the SCART cable and sockets between the control box and layout with simple wires, and fixing the control panel to the layout.

Finishing off the ballasting

Some tidying up around the loading platform and forge

Then if things go well:

More work on the few rock faces

Adding grass to the edges of the road over the bridge & completing the parapet capping

Install the fencing between the field and railway land

Make a start on the backscene

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have a bit of a dilemma - the 08 is too wide to fit alongside the loading platform.

Do I

a. Reduce the overhang

b. Not use the 08

c. Not use the 08 on that siding

a.

Or d. move the track.

• RMweb Gold

D is not an option ( not really, of course anything is possible) as the ballast/infill is down and the uncoupling electromagnet is central to the gauge.

A. Will be more challenging...

Edited by Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

Nice work on that grass. The forge looks ever more convincing, I really like the colour choices and -blending.

Outside frames and platforms, always a bit of a pain. My vote is for option c, unless you were planning for the 08 to be the main loco on this layout.

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately the coupling rods are under the overhang, which itself is perhaps too low, so preventing them from completing a full revolution.

Having looked a little closer, I am loathe to trim the platform edge as this risks ruining the proportions. I can replace the 08 with an 04, or use BR(W) steam in the form of a pannier, so all is not lost.

Just my own fault for not concentrating.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The fencing that was salvaged from Shepherds has been replanted on TF.

post-7025-0-65569100-1492582193_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-97815300-1492582217_thumb.jpg

The wires need tightening, extra angled posts for the corners and some paint and grass tufts and other growth will be added.

With the boundaries in, I can then enhance the different sides of the ground along the railway fence.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

A bit more work around the forge and the coal yard staithes have had a base coat.

I need to create a mound or two on which to stick the coal dust - any suggestions as to what I could use ( not for the coal...) ?

post-7025-0-92640100-1492630230_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-91740900-1492630248_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-59241800-1492630268_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

The backscene needs an extra supporting rail at the back, to remove the unwanted extra curves.

The lighting rig is just about done, this is re-using the lights from Treamble in a new frame.

Next will be a coat of paint on the proscenium arch, which should just about complete the presentation aspects.

The rest of the posts need planting for the fence, there is a little more painting needed on the low wall by the forge, then it's the rest of the detail grasses and other natural growth, plus some oil drums and similar clutter.

I should actually be finished on time for once...

• Like 4