Tinner's Forge

• RMweb Gold

I do try.

Right, that's all done, so should have about 20 or so wagons to play with on Sunday.

Not sure how many will be in period for the green diesel era, but none are PO wagons and most are bauxite in colour.  A quick test of each is now required on the layout this evening.

Next job (again this evening) is what I should have been doing last night, which is painting the Cornish hedge and applying green stuff.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to everyone who stopped by TF today, especially those who commented on the trees...

It was great to meet lots of old and new friends, putting faces to avatar names and also seeing some stunning layouts.

Next year I should have a cameo layout ready, rumours were being spread about the return of the PSMT...

• Like 3

Can't help feeling these are coming out a bit yellow.....

Can you white balance the camera, to match the lighting on your layout? There may be a WB control somewhere on the camera.

You could try changing it to different settings, to see which one is best. What type of light is the layout illuminated with?

Sometimes, the "auto" setting on white balance can work well... depending on the type of light source...

Not seen this layout for a while. Looking good Stu. It's one of those small layouts, that somehow has a sense of "space" about it.

Great stuff matey :)

post-2973-0-13307200-1493816640.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Gordon. I was somewhat concerned TF would be considered too high, but then I saw Sheep Lane, and then I saw Sherton Abbas.... 

The whole fence, posts & wire, need a coat of paint, I just didn't get chance beforehand.

No, not sorted the couplings yet, but following Graham Muz's advice I will be obtaining some iron wire and some decent expoxy glue.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

No, they are basswood strips from Hobbycraft; much thinner, squarer in section, finer grain and straight.

I will find out the sizes next time I'm in the modelling room ( the garage).

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stu, haven't had chance to comment about Sunday until now. TF looks good in real life, I do prefer layouts at a higher level so your presentation was spot on in my mind. The curved backdrop worked well too and I do like the bridge,I just need a 3 arch version! Good practice for a Cameo entry in my mind ;)

• RMweb Gold

Can you white balance the camera, to match the lighting on your layout? There may be a WB control somewhere on the camera.

You could try changing it to different settings, to see which one is best. What type of light is the layout illuminated with?

Sometimes, the "auto" setting on white balance can work well... depending on the type of light source...

Not seen this layout for a while. Looking good Stu. It's one of those small layouts, that somehow has a sense of "space" about it.

Great stuff matey :)

Hi Marc,

I'm only using my phone's camera, so very limited on the options for tweaking the image.

Thanks for the comments about the layout, I did try to make it feel 'open', mainly by not cramming too much in.

• RMweb Gold

Were those staithes built using coffee stirrers from a well known North European furniture store? Only I have a few of those and my layout needs staithes like those..

The strip wood is 1/16 x 3/32.

The strip wood is 1/16 x 3/32.

Thanks for that, I did go i to Peterborough Hobbycraft on Friday but they didn't have any stripwood, but they did have a bag of mixed wood which will come in useful. I'll go back sometime soon to see if they have the size you quoted as the coalstore you built is just the thing for my layout.

Tony

Edited by anthony07
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I decided when building TF that at some point it would be put up for sale.

I've probably got as far as I needed to, to make it a viable layout, but there is so much more that can be done.

If anyone is interested in taking over the ownership, please PM me.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andrew,

The backscene is a sheet of plasticised paper, usually used for the vertical extending advertising banners used at commercial exhibitions.

Jerry Clifford has one for the 2mmFS Society.

Stu