Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

• RMweb Gold

..yes so the question is asked why are Derails selling their Ltd Ed for £23 less than the others, they should all be the same price surely.

Good question! Basically, at the time of announcment when the item was listed for pre-orders, I wasn't aware this...

I am lead to believe that Hatton's have been asked to not heavily discount this model, and that they have agreed to this.

....was the case. I made the wrong assumption, I thought that despite being a limited edition, as per all other Bachmann releases this one would be discounted by the much larger shops in our area by 15%, so therefore we did what we usually do. The issue is now, should the priced be raised and potentially anger any customers that want to buy but can't yet, or should it stay the same and potentially de-value this model? Age old catch 22...

Hope that helps, and if anyone else has any further questions regarding the price please PM me, I don't want to take over the thread! :)

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 1

Guest spet0114

Just put a deposit down on 47 832.

Went to Derails for two reasons. The first was price, the second was that I initially tried Cheltenham MC, none of whose staff had a clue about the rep editions. Not sure who 'DB' is, but he/she could maybe do with letting all the dealers on their patch know what's going on! :)

Cheers

Adrian

• RMweb Gold

I pre ordered 47832 from Derails because I want a mainline 47, and I've had nothing but good service from Derails before hand. If 832 was in another area I would of still ordered it.

I pre ordered 47832 from Derails because I want a mainline 47, and I've had nothing but good service from Derails before hand. If 832 was in another area I would of still ordered it.

Same here with the addition that they are not one of the big boys. As it is out of my area and I cannot go to Alton Model Centre or AC Models I thought I would go to smaller retailer to help them.

Roy

Thanks for clarifying. I just wish you were the ones selling the Colas 47 for that price! ;)

Just not looking hard enough! ;)

Try the Hobby Shop in Faversham: http://hobb-e-mail.com/Bachmann-32816nf-colas-rail-47727-rebecca---preview-12207-p.asp

£135 in postage.

I have decided, I am more than content with my ViTrains 47739 Robin of Templecombe. Robin seems to be Colas's 'favourite' as she is always presented clean. Also seems to get the most geographical spread out of the three 47s Colas owns. Shame, as if Bachmann did either Robin or City of Truro I would of sold the ViTrains model. But I just cannot see why I should sell my preferred model and name for a Bachmann 47.

Just ordered 47749 - just checking but i think its ok to renumber to 47739 which is what i intend to do - please feel free to advise if I'm wrong..

Ben

The Colas 47 on offer from Bachmann is 47727, as far as I can tell.

It would be ok to use for renumbering as 47739, but you will need to change the buffers (to Class 60 type) and possibly add some pipework on bufferbeam area from looking at photos.

47749 has different cab ends to the other two, in that it has different type lights, so would not be an accurate renumbering.

If anyone can list any other differences, I would also be interested in hearing them, as I have pre-ordered two of the 47727 Colas models.

All this post-privatisation stuff is a bit out of my era, so headlight clusters, LED lights etc. are beyond my knowledge but......

All the Colas locos have a different boiler port arrangement, so none of them can be simply renumbered to another loco. (Interestingly all three have "standard" noses with no flush fronted examples.)

47727 - Stones-Vapour

47739 - Spanner

47749 - Clayton

As far as bodyshells go, if you want to do 47739 then 47035 (Bachmann 32-802)  is a good starting point as it became 739 (via 594).

If you want to do 47749 then 47834 (Bachmann 31-815) seems to be fairly readily available or perhaps 47256 (Bachmann 31-656). Other Clayton boilered examples are harder to find (47612/710/715/972). 

Of course you will need to do a full respray.

And of course that only deals with the basic bodyshells; underframes will need  little more investigation.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I don’t know. Another 47 doesn’t interest me much but an Army-liveried wagon does.

Well , horses for courses as ever but as I understand it it's an internal user one, so unless you have an army depot with rail it probably isn't much good ?

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Details of 47727 in Colas livery on the Bachmann website: http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/details.php?id=436

The model in the pic has footsteps and a boiler filling port, I wonder if the proper release will have them filled in as per the real thing as it says they have changed the roof, buffers etc but no mention of those bits

(Can't believe I've picked up on that, I'm the least picky person when it comes to finding issues with models!)

Regardless, I'm still looking forward to getting this one

Edited by big jim
  • Like 1