Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

See post 129 of this thread.... :-)

Sorry to have upset the 'unofficial' forum police. My post now deleted and I won't post on here again. 

Sorry to have upset the 'unofficial' forum police. My post now deleted and I won't post on here again.

Think you should delete your last post too. It was only quite politely pointed out that it had been discussed earlier in the thread :-)

• RMweb Gold

John Scott made its way down to the southeast corner this morning. Test ran on analogue and placed on programming track:

post-586-0-41011300-1517575313.jpg

post-586-0-57236400-1517575337.jpg

post-586-0-02678000-1517575390.jpg

Apologies for rather wishy-washy pics but the sun was shining into the train room..... 

Now waiting for the local Rep's COLAS Rebecca to arrive.

Keith

• Like 3

Thanks - just rang & ordered one with Arcadia - lovely people to talk to and a very keen price on the model.

Absolutely, their price can't be beaten on this model and nice people to deal with.

Got my one this morning and tested on my rolling road, what a great DRS 47, can't wait for my pre-ordered Colas 47 Rebecca albeit from a different retailer.

Edited by classy52
  • Like 2

Good to see not every retailer is milking these models at RRP, and is being fair to modellers. Shops like these deserve peoples repeat business.

Why is a shop selling at RRP being unfair to modellers, or 'milking' it?

These businesses have to make a living, maybe some of the discount levels expected by modellers (not pointing this directly at you, just in general) are actually not fair?

Edited by Stueyboy43

• RMweb Premium

Why is a shop selling at RRP being unfair to modellers, or 'milking' it?

These businesses have to make a living, maybe some of the discount levels expected by modellers (not pointing this directly at you, just in general) are actually not fair?

If anything, you could argue that these Rep Limited Editions are already "discounted", in that the price is the same as for a standard release (31-663 47209 is also RRP £159.95). Most shop limited editions, because the production run is short, have a premium added.

• RMweb Premium

Selling at RRP is not milking it in my opinion.  Charging well over the RRP on EBay to make a fast buck and depriving a genuine modeler the chance to purchase at the proper price on the other hand most definitely is...

• Like 1

I think it was Bachmann who asked for these to be sold a t RRP so that the smaller shops in there patch could have a chance to sell these and have to compete with the big discount retailers and loose out as everyone ordered online as they were much cheaper than them. I think this was raised at the beginning of the thread as number of shops in my area would have been competing with Hatton's for the DRS 47 for example.

Anyone else got 47805 and disappointed at the quality of the paintwork on the lower window edge, where the two colours meet. Mine seems worse on No1 end with a very poor definition and uneven application. Hard to see on a photo but compared to Vitrains 47853 is shocking. 

• RMweb Premium

Anyone else got 47805 and disappointed at the quality of the paintwork on the lower window edge, where the two colours meet. Mine seems worse on No1 end with a very poor definition and uneven application. Hard to see on a photo but compared to Vitrains 47853 is shocking.

Post 210 above has a close-up of the No 1 end. How does yours compare?

Any retailers on here still have a DRS one in stock? Have a Colas & Anglia on order & somehow missed the DRS one. Ta

Hi,

We have some left. The DRS 47 is £154.95p, which is the RRP. We were asked to stick to this so everyone was charging the same price. This was to encourage the smaller shops to take them on and not have to compete with the larger retailers. Postage at cost.

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

We have some left. The DRS 47 is £154.95p, which is the RRP. We were asked to stick to this so everyone was charging the same price. This was to encourage the smaller shops to take them on and not have to compete with the larger retailers. Postage at cost.

Nice to see there exist some decent folk who are not out to just make money. Some Anglia one already on eBay for 200£ Mark. Shame on those who are just out to make a quick buck.

Edited by Ncarter2