Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

Sorry guys I’m sure it’s been mentioned already but a search has come up blank, can the Colas 47 still be pre ordered?

No worries, I would give these guys a call The Hobby Shop in Faversham Kent or go to their website as per link below;

http://hobb-e-mail.com/

http://hobb-e-mail.com/Bachmann-32816nf-colas-rail-47727-rebecca---preview-12207-p.asp , this one takes you straight to the ordering page for the Colas 47.

Still being advertised @£155 with free delivery.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by classy52

We dont have the facility to sell online and post like a retail outlet can as I hope you can understand.

So how come I bought a Malcolm 08 from you the AMRSS a couple of years ago which was posted to me?

Or is it a question of you can do it when it suits but cant be bothered if its at all possible to avoid it?

I appreciate my previous posts are a bit 'abrupt' (it does give you the sense of bad feeling about this) but your posting of-

We want to sell the models and have not specified any restrictions on how many an individual can purchase

smacks of 'tough titty, we dont care coz we just want to sell them all and make a few quid' (which TBQH I do actually understand :yes: ) but after last years fiasco with the 158s and several modellers visiting the show missing out because the carpetbaggers snapped them all up, me, along with several others, were hoping you could have taken us or at least those visiting the show into consideration by limiting the numbers individuals could purchase this year, but alas you (understandably) just want rid of them.

Anyway, I would like to offer my apologies for being 'abrupt' (or just plain rude) last night, I <expletive> hate the carpetbaggers with a vengeance but at the end of the day its just a model (I had better not use the t-y word  :rtfm:  ) train in case I upset anyone else!

I wonder how much these will be when they hit thiefbay in a couple of weeks?  :blum:

Edit-

Line drawn and moving on.

Edited by royaloak

I received my drs 47 today from widness models and is simply stunning. I’m very tempted by the colas one that’s actually for my area of the uk! However hasn’t that one been sold to GBRF?

All 3 have been sold on to GBRF 47727 is in Caledonian sleeper livery and is not named. 47749 is still city of Truro in colas livery, and 47739 has had its robin of templecombe nameplates removed and refitted to 56049 and again is still in colas livery. There are indications that 47739 and 47749 at least will be equipped with emu couplers as per 37884 and 37800 for unit movement work, however this is not confirmed as yet. I would imagine they will be repainted in due course at Eastleigh presumably when their latest class 66 acquisitions from DB cargo have been completed. Maybe Bachmann will consider doing 47727 in Caledonian sleeper livery in due course!

All 3 have been sold on to GBRF 47727 is in Caledonian sleeper livery and is not named. 47749 is still city of Truro in colas livery, and 47739 has had its robin of templecombe nameplates removed and refitted to 56049 and again is still in colas livery. There are indications that 47739 and 47749 at least will be equipped with emu couplers as per 37884 and 37800 for unit movement work, however this is not confirmed as yet. I would imagine they will be repainted in due course at Eastleigh presumably when their latest class 66 acquisitions from DB cargo have been completed. Maybe Bachmann will consider doing 47727 in Caledonian sleeper livery in due course!

Thanks for that info! I did see some of this. Eastleigh has its work cut out at the moment!!! Oh a CS 47 :-O that would be nice, or perhaps a 86 ? We already hopefully have a 92 from DJM! I’m hoping the MK5s are produced somewhen.

Edited by Simon_H

Royal Oak, if you want an AMRSS 47/7, let me know and I'll get one for you and post it to you at the show price.

MIke

Thank you for the very kind offer Mike, I might be receiving one anyway but will keep you in mind if the other one doesnt work out.

I wonder how many others in Devon and Cornwall would like one?

After reviewing my posting 'style' yesterday I would like to apologise to MRDBLUE17 again, he was only trying to clarify things and I went to town on him which is plain ignorant of me.

One way of looking at it is that these AMRSS limited editions have certainly been a success for them!

Edited by royaloak

Southwest has 47625 “City of Truro” BR blue weathered...

http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2018/02/city-truro-class-47-sales-area-exclusive/

(It was somewhat of surprise, as 47625 was on Kernow’s stand at Warley, and quite possibly it was 47628 that was on Kernow’s shop window layout sneak appearance video and 47625 was listed on Kernow’s Facebook as a Future release)..So I don’t know if they were always planned that way, or if Kernow changed a decision, but coincidentally Gaugemaster are also selling Kernow 02’s and 4TCs now too.

Apologies I must have missed that one, so the South and West of England region are now getting a loco as well which is great but unfortunately for me out of my era.

Reading the history of 47625 it is still going in Colas livery under 47749 with the name as well post Demelza, hope Bachmann do this one in Colas as well in the future.

City of Truro limited edition is part of the Rep editions for 2018 not 2017 which was the VDA. Hopefully they will make the Colas Version. 

47712 is a Kernow Limited Edition . The Bachmann Rep ltd edition for Scotland is the same as the Northwest of England one , that all the fuss is about at Arcadia. We don't have that many model shops left up here to support our own Ltd edition. The AMRSS that runs Model Rail Scotland has its own limited edition 47708, but to get one youd need to go to exhibition (23/2 at SECC ) as there is no mail order and no restriction on number you can buy. Expect some appearing on eBay shortly!

There are three areas which have not been announced for a 2018 Rep special. The DRS class 47 was the 2017 Rep edition.

• RMweb Premium

Thank you for the very kind offer Mike, I might be receiving one anyway but will keep you in mind if the other one doesnt work out.

I wonder how many others in Devon and Cornwall would like one?

After reviewing my posting 'style' yesterday I would like to apologise to MRDBLUE17 again, he was only trying to clarify things and I went to town on him which is plain ignorant of me.

One way of looking at it is that these AMRSS limited editions have certainly been a success for them!

I notice that the Model Rail Scotland website has been updated with the clarifications discussed in this thread. The AMRSS is certainly between a rock and a hard place with this model. They want to sell them all and I'm sure they also want to accommodate all genuine modellers who attend and support the show. However maybe its just not possible to achieve both. How do you stop those that want to speculate on e-bay and the likes, whilst allowing those to buy a few for their own layout or collection. Personally I do feel that it should be one per ticket at least until early Sunday afternoon to enable those that attend the show on Sat or Sun a fair chance to get one. Personally I'm travelling a significant distance to attend the show on Friday. Fingers crossed I'll be able to purchase one - I'll be pretty peeved if the carpet baggers or those buying a few for those that can't or won't attend beat me to it. But at least there will be some pretty good layouts to look at! 

Edited by PJ10

City of Truro limited edition is part of the Rep editions for 2018 not 2017 which was the VDA. Hopefully they will make the Colas Version. 

There are three areas which have not been announced for a 2018 Rep special. The DRS class 47 was the 2017 Rep edition.

Is it 3 or 4? Tamar has been replaced with 628 - doesn't mean there isn't a 2018 one for that area as 628 was already being done. The gen said 2018 were mainly 37's

Is it 3 or 4? Tamar has been replaced with 628 - doesn't mean there isn't a 2018 one for that area as 628 was already being done. The gen said 2018 were mainly 37's

It's 3 Regions. 47628 is the 2018 Rep special. Tamar has not exactly been replaced by 47628 it only seems that way because Tamar has been sent back to China for work before coming back which meant that 47628 will be released sooner.  

It's 3 Regions. 47628 is the 2018 Rep special. Tamar has not exactly been replaced by 47628 it only seems that way because Tamar has been sent back to China for work before coming back which meant that 47628 will be released sooner.  

From what I've heard from a rep 628 was a Collectors Club one rather than a 2018 Rep Limited Edition hence my comment. The South West rep has changed (suffix IG to TL) and they only had the van which was daft so who is to say 625 isn't to supplement the van anyway rather than the 2018 LE

From what I've heard from a rep 628 was a Collectors Club one rather than a 2018 Rep Limited Edition hence my comment. The South West rep has changed (suffix IG to TL) and they only had the van which was daft so who is to say 625 isn't to supplement the van anyway rather than the 2018 LE

If you look at the Bachmann Website (Writing in blue is from their website) : 

City of Truro 47625:

It says "2018 see’s the continuation of our OO Branchline area sales representatives exclusive models, which are only available from Bachmann stockists in their areas. One such model is the Class 47 No. 47625 ‘City of Truro’ in BR Blue livery (31-655TL)." on http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2018/02/city-truro-class-47-sales-area-exclusive/.

Sir Daniel Gooch 47628:

It says  "Introducing a new area sales representative exclusive model for 2018, our OO Branchline Class 47 No. 47628 ‘Sir Daniel Gooch’ in GWR Green livery (31-660DB)." on  http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2018/01/sir-daniel-gooch-class-47-sales-area-exclusive/.

Samuel

are you sure its just 3? I thought there was 4 announced last year as rep models - DRS 47, Anglia 47, IC Mainline 47 and that MOD van wasn't it?

are you sure its just 3? I thought there was 4 announced last year as rep models - DRS 47, Anglia 47, IC Mainline 47 and that MOD van wasn't it?

Bit on confusion abounds regarding this. The VDA van wasn't too pleasing for the South. My understanding was that it was decided to make the City of Truro the South's loco.

There was then an issue with the loc for the rep area south of the Mersey and having sent it back, it was replaced with Sir Daniel Gooch. I don't think there are any actual 2018 rep picks per se.

I stand to be corrected.

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps all will be revealed when the other models arrive. They will have been ordered with a certain code, which would be on the sticker on the end of the box. If the code has changed, e.g. from in BCC model to a Rep edition, there may be evidence on the box of a new label being affixed...

There was 5 regional editions announced in 2017 which includes DRS (North of England/Scotland), Anglia (East Midlands/East Anglia/South Yorkshire), Intercity Mainline (West Midlands/Wales), Colas (South East/London/ Home Counties) Class 47s & VDA van (South West). 

So far there has been only 2 regional editions for 2018 announced which includes City of Truro 47625 (South West) and Sir Daniel Gooch 47628 (West Midlands/Wales). Which means that there are 3 (North of England/Scotland, East Midlands/East Anglia/South Yorkshire & South East/London/Home Counties) regional editions yet to be announced. 

Samuel.

Edited: More Places to each edition.

Edited by sc2016

There was 5 regional editions announced in 2017 which includes DRS (North of England), Anglia (East Midlands), Intercity Mainline (West Midlands), Colas (South East) Class 47s & VDA van (South West). 

So far there has been only 2 regional editions for 2018 announced which includes City of Truro 47625 (South West) and Sir Daniel Gooch 47628 (West Midlands). Which means that there are 3 (North of England, East Midlands & South East) regional editions yet to be announced. 

Samuel.

Yes there are three regional models to be announced 

Interesting. I interpret things slightly differently....

City of Truro 47625 is the 'Class 47' for the South West 

Sir Daniel Gooch 47628 is the replacement for Intercity Mainline for the Midlands. Previously a Kernow Model Railway Centre limited edition?

Thus no '2018' rep limited editions yet in my mind. Was there not discussion, based from a report in Rail Express Modeller, that the next reps are going to be class 37s? 

The DRS version was for the north of GB, not just England. I presume Wales and Northern Ireland are also included in other areas.

Regards

Roddy

I have put more places with each model.

Interesting. I interpret things slightly differently....

City of Truro 47625 is the 'Class 47' for the South West 

Sir Daniel Gooch 47628 is the replacement for Intercity Mainline for the Midlands. Previously a Kernow Model Railway Centre limited edition?

Thus no '2018' rep limited editions yet in my mind. Was there not discussion, based from a report in Rail Express Modeller, that the next reps are going to be class 37s? 

City of Truro is 2018 rep edition not 2017. 

Sir Daniel Gooch is a 2018 rep edition. The reason it seems like it has replaced Tamar is that the Tamar version has to be sent back to China and the other one is on it's way. Also I thought it was going to be a Kernow Limited Edition but perhaps they were just checking it for them.

• RMweb Premium

I have put more places with each model.

City of Truro is 2018 rep edition not 2017.

Sir Daniel Gooch is a 2018 rep edition. The reason it seems like it has replaced Tamar is that the Tamar version has to be sent back to China and the other one is on it's way. Also I thought it was going to be a Kernow Limited Edition but perhaps they were just checking it for them.

Bachmann web site confirms both are 2018 REP models.

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/

• RMweb Premium

Was there not discussion, based from a report in Rail Express Modeller, that the next reps are going to be class 37s? 

Interesting that the Rep limited editions are diesel locos rather than steam, which you might expect to sell better. Presumably this is because there are so many variations on the "standard" liveries applied by depots etc., that will sell in smaller numbers only rather than as a standard catalogue release. Was it perhaps also because in steam days BR exercised greater control over the application of liveries and so the options would be spotless ex-works, seriously heavily weathered or somewhere in between.