Dapol's new Class 68 locomotives

Nobby (John)

Only one question - why the delay? this is the second 'postponement' - about time Dapol came clean !!

Common sense... If there was certain criteria for the Chinese to meet in an EP sample and if they didn't there needs to be revisions. They have nothing to come clean about. If something has to be revised it will face a delay.

Does it affect your life span? NO... Just wait patiently.

Common sense... If there was certain criteria for the Chinese to meet in an EP sample and if they didn't there needs to be revisions. They have nothing to come clean about. If something has to be revised it will face a delay.

Does it affect your life span? NO... Just wait patiently.

Appreciate your comments Sir !!

It may affect my life - i'm in my 60's - don't want to die waiting - if I promised a delivery date in my business and put it back for nearly a year - i'd be out of business !! Seriously; I understand your point but the delay really disappoints; sure there will be challenges along the way but when I say come clean; just tell it like it is; apologies for my rant.

It may affect my life - i'm in my 60's - don't want to die waiting - if I promised a delivery date in my business and put it back for nearly a year - i'd be out of business !! Seriously; I understand your point but the delay really disappoints; sure there will be challenges along the way but when I say come clean; just tell it like it is; apologies for my rant.

Dapol have explained on they new website.

Odd you have 2 posts both rants at Dapol in another thread someone is ranting at Dapol and has only made one post!

After seeing the prototypes and the first version of the livery I must say I'm happy to wait, yes annoyed that its going to be another 4+ months min but at least lets me save up for them etc. I think once they've got the livery cracked its going to be one hell of a model! 

Well done to Dapol for showing the prototypes and the design review & progress system for them.

Ma'am***

And no you won't die waiting. Exaggerting will not help you feel happier either. Clearly you're just disappointed and you wish to make a noise. If you're in your 60s and worried about dying - eat healthy, exercise well and worry less about a hobby.

Dapol haven't taken your money. I explained the delay. If you're not happy move on.

People ranting over a delay is ridiculous and annoying.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen the DRS sample, it looks ace and they are not happy, this is going to be one hell of a livery

Yes, I saw the DRS sample at DEMU Showcase.

The livery is not yet correct and this is what is taking the time to get right.

therefore I suspect it will be Warley where we will see the launch of these models.

I say hats off to Dapol for having a stab at and taking the plunge in applying an intricate livery. (Unlike another manufacturer that says a FGW local lines livery is 'too complicated' to apply) as said in above posts - at least they have given a little taster sample/picture in what the livery looks like in model form on their 68, even though it's still not up to standards.

Hi All,

It's a shame to see Dapol get moaned at for taking time to get a model right. They get slated for livery errors on the 73 and yet show the first livery samples and explain they are not happy yet so the model will be delayed as a result.

I have been lucky enough to see these samples and they look pretty good already especially the Scotrail one and having had a good look over the early bodyshell at Glasgow I think Dapol will deliver a cracking model which will be worth waiting for.

• RMweb Premium

Hi All,

It's a shame to see Dapol get moaned at for taking time to get a model right. They get slated for livery errors on the 73 and yet show the first livery samples and explain they are not happy yet so the model will be delayed as a result.

I have been lucky enough to see these samples and they look pretty good already especially the Scotrail one and having had a good look over the early bodyshell at Glasgow I think Dapol will deliver a cracking model which will be worth waiting for.

Well said! Couldn't have put that any better myself.

These are going to be fantastic models when released later this year. Dapol just need a few more months to get it right, produce the models and ship them. Considering their going to be £123 each would you rather be paying that for models with livery errors or without livery errors. Surely the latter. The above point is also correct about people mentioning livery errors on the 73s. Well if you want them to rectify livery errors on models you have to give the manufacturer the opportunity to do so, this does mean a longer waiting time but it will be well worth it!

Let's just be patient. This will be a model well worth the wait.

Edited by DRS Crewe On A Mission

Well said! Couldn't have put that any better myself.

These are going to be fantastic models when released later this year. Dapol just need a few more months to get it right, produce the models and ship them. Considering their going to be £123 each would you rather be paying that for models with livery errors or without livery errors. Surely the latter. The above point it also correct about people mentioning livery errors on the 73s. Well if you want them to rectify livery errors on models you have to give the manufacturer the opportunity to do so, this does mean a longer waiting time but it will be well worth it!

Let's just be patient. This will be a model well worth the wait.

Hear hear Edited by Shoey
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Having been at Gresty Bridge at the weekend I noticed that the white compass logo on the side of the 68's has a map of 'oop north' in the background.

DRS68001_ModelB.jpg

http://railwayherald.com/uknews/class-68-livery-revealed

Having looked at the decoration photos and read the post in the Dapol Digest I was very impressed to see that this map has been included on the model and is readable.

https://digest.Dapol.co.uk/forum/main-forum/class-68/project-managers-blog-af/362-oo-class-68-opening-post

Edited by ruggedpeak

• 2 weeks later...

Now that's what I call an ace model in my opinion :). I am so getting one but I would be happy to wait and see a polished model that runs without flaws rather than something that is rushed and has bugs ;). I was always taught that the best things come to those that wait and I am certain that the wait for this will be well worth it. Also it will be less strain on my bank account as at this rate with all these lovely models coming out. I might have to sell the telly and re-mortgage the doghouse to pay for these little gems that are a coming. However shoving one of those beasts on a rake of ex-W&S Mk3's is going to be epic on the layout anyway I think. A sound fitted version is certainly going to be a froth hazard as I love my trains nice and throaty! :jester: .

Flaws or no flaws....

Delays or no delays.....

I couldn't give a sausage...however , all you ( apparently ) " young " Dapol cheerleaders should be more worried about the customer support " if" they cock it up, as has been proved before it was a bit sketchy.

• 3 weeks later...