Dapol's new Class 68 locomotives

Nobby (John)

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, newbryford said:

And the misprinted bodies have since been available for sale. I have one.

Its the faded turquoise print that's offset. 

It will do as a spare as long as you look at one side only, or put up with the misprint .

I confess the spare Intrepid body I have does not look different from the Fearless one on the new run..

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

I confess the spare Intrepid body I have does not look different from the Fearless one on the new run..

They sold both the correct and incorrect ones. The question is how much did you pay for it. I think the bad ones are £10, good ones £30.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394178327347?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=M3J2Izc2S7W&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=uDa8Plq6QDy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

That's an incorrect one. First pics are of the good side, then notice the other side the turquoise streak is biased to one end. Look at the cabs.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Friendly/supportive 1

19 hours ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

Received a Felix back today with handrails fitted. Excellent job, even though I know it’s not the shell I returned, nor the box, and according to the return slip my name and address has changed!😂😂😂

Im feeling even more reluctant to send the shell of mine back to them now! 🤔

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

Im feeling even more reluctant to send the shell of mine back to them now! 🤔

Does it actually matter?

As long as you get back a body that has the handrails - in the correct position and well fitted?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, newbryford said:

Does it actually matter?

As long as you get back a body that has the handrails - in the correct position and well fitted?

Mine came back with handrails fitted not sure if same body but not bothered I'm just happy it now corrected and matches the rest of my 68's

As stated I am very happy with the service and shell I received back. But I would imagine people may not be happy at their personal details being sent out to other people. 
I have someone else’s name, address, email address, and mobile number. Now under data protection I should not have these nor should someone else have mine. That’s just sloppy. 

Edited by NIRCLASS80
Spelling
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

17 hours ago, newbryford said:

Does it actually matter?

And if it’s not been scratched or damaged while it was being removed from the chassis or while in transit, especially if it’s coming back to you in someone else’s packaging.

Just personally I would like to know that it is my original bodyshell that is being returned to me rather than getting someone else’s back.

On 13/08/2022 at 16:39, norfolkchinaclay said:

And if it’s not been scratched or damaged while it was being removed from the chassis or while in transit, especially if it’s coming back to you in someone else’s packaging.

Just personally I would like to know that it is my original bodyshell that is being returned to me rather than getting someone else’s back.

It's understandable but that's the price to pay.

Certain when I was a lad, I accidently threw away someone's half eaten breakfast.  It was all you can eat buffet so no charge to get more but the person was very very cross that their breakfast had been thrown.

The issue of getting back someone else's details is a big red flag but really it's the other person that should be worrying.  There haven't been any other reports so would point to it being an isolated case.

Plus, yours could be just as scratched, damaged, whatever in the post.
If it is, send it back for another, which would be a new unit anyway.

Well done Dapol, received my Felix body back 12 days after posting.

Superb job with regard to the handrail fitting and all in the same box that I sent it in.

Cannot fault the approach they have taken, just need the Mk5 coaches now!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well, got 68027 back yesterday, extremely disappointed. Windscreen is scratched, fitment isn’t that great, the same end with the windscreen damage are not aligned correctly. Having read a few concerns on here and else where, I marked the inside of my body shell prior to sending away, it’s not the one I received back. Also, the packaging I sent it in is not what was returned, which wouldn’t have bothered me too much, but I wrapped in three layers of bubble wrap, used a three core box and  they sent back in a box that was cut up to fit the model and no additional wrapping, it was no thicker that a cereal box! Hope for a swift response and resolution, but thought I’d give a view on my experience. 

FD52FDB2-71F6-409E-997E-604015C1FE81.jpeg

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

• RMweb Gold

There has been talk of the 68 droop and it was highlighted by at least one recent Youtube review.

I want to use Kadees and they will be "active" as I like to shunt. I did a few tests and came up with this fix. Some 40 thou Evergreen styrene has been fixed to the upper surface of the easily removeable "plough". They are the white blocks in the photo.

I assume this will also fix the issue if used with tension locks.

The KD still has enough sideplay to be usable although the NEM arm is pressed against the styrene shim

52347955028_3cf1cb5ed3_z.jpg

52348132825_5b7263b9e1_z.jpg

Chris H

Edited by Gilbert
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold

Top class service from delightful Debby at Dapol today.

Had arranged to drop off my “Felix” body to have the handrails fitted and pick up another time.
Rolled up whilst working in the area to be greeted by Debby, explained why I was there and asked “did I want to wait whilst they fitted the handrails”, which I did and within less than 10 minutes it was ready. 
Great service and work done 👏

1D4468AA-0EF0-454D-9271-B435CA7FE1FD.jpeg

• Like 8

On 04/09/2022 at 10:21, Ncarter2 said:

Well, got 68027 back yesterday, extremely disappointed. Windscreen is scratched, fitment isn’t that great, the same end with the windscreen damage are not aligned correctly. Having read a few concerns on here and else where, I marked the inside of my body shell prior to sending away, it’s not the one I received back. Also, the packaging I sent it in is not what was returned, which wouldn’t have bothered me too much, but I wrapped in three layers of bubble wrap, used a three core box and  they sent back in a box that was cut up to fit the model and no additional wrapping, it was no thicker that a cereal box! Hope for a swift response and resolution, but thought I’d give a view on my experience. 

FD52FDB2-71F6-409E-997E-604015C1FE81.jpeg

I'm getting curious now!

I have OO Scale 68 019 Brutus, with the handrails either side just at the bottom of the windscreen, and I now have 68 027 Splendid, which seemed identical - except it isn't - it does not have these little handrails - yet yours does!!

When I 'Google' search TPE 68 027 full sized photos, they do have the handrails.

When I do the same for the Dapol model Splendid, she doesn't have them.

Has your been renamed / renumbered or did you receive this as is?

Mine is one of the '2nd batch'.

When the model is 'searched' it comes up without the handrails.

RMS list 'Splendid' 68 027, but it's a photo of 68 019 'Brutus', with handrails.

Al.

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I'm getting curious now!

I have OO Scale 68 019 Brutus, with the handrails either side just at the bottom of the windscreen, and I now have 68 027 Splendid, which seemed identical - except it isn't - it does not have these little handrails - yet yours does!!

When I 'Google' search TPE 68 027 full sized photos, they do have the handrails.

When I do the same for the Dapol model Splendid, she doesn't have them.

Has your been renamed / renumbered or did you receive this as is?

Mine is one of the '2nd batch'.

When the model is 'searched' it comes up without the handrails.

RMS list 'Splendid' 68 027, but it's a photo of 68 019 'Brutus', with handrails.

Al.

Its the handrails at the window bottom that Dapol have left off and are fitting if you return the body to them.Thats what the last few pages are about.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Its the handrails at the window bottom that Dapol have left off and are fitting if you return the body to them.Thats what the last few pages are about.

Mine came from Rails.  Do you return to Dapol or to the supplier?

Apologies, I'd just 'fallen on' this realisation all were aware of!!

Al.