Dapol's new Class 68 locomotives

Nobby (John)

• RMweb Premium

Sorry back to the 68- sound fitted versions (not drs) advertised for sale at hattons but not DCC fitted so don't know if they have arrived or not.

Cheers

Mark

I am currently waiting for all six of the standard DCC Fitted models from Hattons and I had emails yesterday advising that they are due in stock yesterday or today. So I assume they have been released at the same time as the DCC Sound models or very closely after them.

Hope this helps.

There are still shops selling these - look around.  Several retailers had stocks at weekend at Glasgow.  You shouldn't be able to get DCC fitted though as they were oversold but DCC sound might be an alternative?

Guest Midland Mole

We sold basically our entire stock of 68s at Glasgow, only came back with 2 Chiltern ones. The 6 DRS ones we had flew off the stand! :D

The DRS shop still has the limited edition one, but it is £200. So it comes down to do you want one that badly, or are you happy to wait and see if Dapol do more.

Alex

Edited by Midland Mole

We sold basically our entire stock of 68s at Glasgow, only came back with 2 Chiltern ones. The 6 DRS ones we had flew off the stand! :D

The DRS shop still has the limited edition one, but it is £200. So it comes down to do you want one that badly, or are you happy to wait and see if Dapol do more.

Alex

Too be honest the DRS Shop 68001 @£200 is now pretty much the same price or slightly more expensive than the 68002/005 being sold on thiefBay so just comes down to which number you want not to mention the snazzy box you get with the limited edition 001 plus a certificate.

Edited by classy52

Guest Midland Mole

Too be honest the DRS Shop 68001 @£200 is now pretty much the same price of the 68002/005 being sold on thiefBay so just comes down to which number you want not to mention the snazzy box you get with the limited edition 001 plus a certificate.

Also the DRS edition does not seem to have the nameplate issues some of the normal ones have. :)

Alex

Edited by Midland Mole

• RMweb Premium

I have 68005 DRS & 68006 Scotrail but now I must ask the age old question where can I find Scotrail coaching stock  ?...Its a hard life :scratchhead:

JDM Models had a run of Scotrail liveried Mk2s done. You can try them, but they may have sold out at the recent Glasgow show.

Or you could repaint some yourself. Decals are available.

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks for the info'

Seems to be a bit of profiteering going on for the DRS Livery locos left in stock with some shops and ebay, (i'm not including the special edition one).

Maybe I will wait and see if Dapol decide to re-run the DRS livery model.

Lovely looking loco's.... just too modern for me.... but the Scotrail ones, in particular, look the business.... So normally I'd sit and wait and perhaps in the future I'd look at them again and possibly considering getting one... you know, just in case I decided to change era and go current image.... but.... they seem to be selling out really fast everywhere.... so I've had to bite the bullet and just order them both... I suppose this is the classic problem with small batch production and a surprisingly popular model....

Ok, got that off my chest, kind of feel better after my confession/therapy.....

• Like 2

Thanks for the info'

Seems to be a bit of profiteering going on for the DRS Livery locos left in stock with some shops and ebay, (i'm not including the special edition one).

Maybe I will wait and see if Dapol decide to re-run the DRS livery model.

I'm pretty certain that is bound to happen.

I'd guess it will be out as soon as possible too so they can capitalise on demand. Fix the livery option for the model and get it soon for release, using the Chiltern chassis to model the remainder of the class.

My sound fitted Class 68 in Chiltern Railways livery has finally arrived! I think it's absolutely stunning!

I feel that the lights are spot on, neither too bright nor too dim. 

I've placed it next to my Hornby DVT, to me the DVT actually seems slightly too blue on reflection. The silvers seem to be the same though. My coaching stock seems to match up well and I'm quite happy with it for my purposes, given its my first proper attempt at respraying!

post-22763-0-18077500-1488382599_thumb.jpg

post-22763-0-79291200-1488382597_thumb.jpg

post-22763-0-18105800-1488382596_thumb.jpg

post-22763-0-61139300-1488382600_thumb.jpg

post-22763-0-99885600-1488382601_thumb.jpg

post-22763-0-82748200-1488382604_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Alex

You have also got to consider how much the price will have increased by the time Dapol do another run...

Hi 

Anyone know if Dapol will be distributing more of the DRS livery Class 68, and if so when? Missed out on the first batch...

Cheers

It has been stated by Dapol over on the Digest that they plan to release ALL 68s over time. I do know a new batch is planned for the end of this year. Featuring DRS livery where the green fade has been corrected.

Seeing as DRS shall soon have up to 034 there are plenty more releases forthcoming.

Kind of regret cancelling my pre-order as I could of re-sold on eBay for some beers in the meantime between this release and the next!

I have 68005 DRS & 68006 Scotrail but now I must ask the age old question where can I find Scotrail coaching stock ?...Its a hard life :scratchhead:

You could try R3Sprays: http://www.r3sprays.co.uk/6177-saltire-scotlands-railways-livery-coach-railroad-p-810.html

They had resprayed Hornby Railroad MK2 with 3 or 4 different running numbers in stock (for £60 each). But today just one left.

• RMweb Gold

You could try R3Sprays: http://www.r3sprays.co.uk/6177-saltire-scotlands-railways-livery-coach-railroad-p-810.html

They had resprayed Hornby Railroad MK2 with 3 or 4 different running numbers in stock (for £60 each). But today just one left.

I will be releasing vinyls for these coaches to fit the Airfix / Dapol / Hornby Mk2d stock. Anticipating these will be ready towards the end of March (after my holiday!).

Guest Midland Mole

Now we just need some RTR Chiltern Mk3 plug door coaches. ;)

Alex

Edited by Midland Mole
  • Like 1

JDM Models had a run of Scotrail liveried Mk2s done. You can try them, but they may have sold out at the recent Glasgow show.

Or you could repaint some yourself. Decals are available.

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks for the intel on these Mick.   When I checked the website, the DRS ones were sold out although they still had some Scotrail versions - nice.

I've now taken the plunge and ordered some Railtec transfers to apply to some repainted mk2F's

It looks like this loco could see me break my "Never pay more than £100" rule. :O

I'm going to have to take a serious look at my current rolling stock and see what can be sacrificed in order to finance this extravagance. Only trouble is, I will then be faced with the dilemma of which version to buy! All three would sit comfortably with my current setup, but seeing as there's no DRS ones left, it comes down to choosing between the Chiltern or the Scotrail. :scratchhead: 

Anyone else found the tension lock coupler snags the rail when not coupled to anything?

I've not encountered that problem but I have found that the tension lock couplings are a little lower than those on the  stock I have coupled to the locos to and this sometimes results in the couplings separating on curves or gradient changes.