Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Nice one Andy, You seem to have done much more taking it easy than you did when you were flat out Hahahaha, great improvement to the station area Mate really effective....

Cheers George, just a little each morning, then rest up in the afternoon, and feeling better for it.

I'm so pleased with the Station area now, I might even buy some Passengers, hahha.

• Like 5

Surely in the 1980s the flower bed would have been overgrown with weeds, like my garden.

Yeah, think you might be right mate, 1980's was the start of the couldn't give a ****** mentality, and no pride in the workplace. I can add Weeds very easily, I'll just have a look in my garden later and copy them, hahha.

• RMweb Premium

Looking great as ever Andy. The 80s BR scene never appealed to me photogenically (not that I had a good camera back then), as everything looked (on the Southern Region  at least) like it needed a good coat of paint except the class 33s,47s and 73s!       So some flowers might brighten things up no end mate!!

Regards Shaun. Still alive and kicking, more than ever in fact, just not in front of the flip top!   

• Like 1

Looking great as ever Andy. The 80s BR scene never appealed to me photogenically (not that I had a good camera back then), as everything looked (on the Southern Region  at least) like it needed a good coat of paint except the class 33s,47s and 73s!       So some flowers might brighten things up no end mate!!

Regards Shaun. Still alive and kicking, more than ever in fact, just not in front of the flip top!   

Thanks Shaun, and certainly good to see you again mate, and glad your alive and kicking, that's always good news, hahah.

Yes once some more bits are added it will brighten things up a bit, and maybe even some Network South East Red White and Blue, for a touch of the late eighties as well.

I'm having a break from building running at the moment now that I've sorted in my mind how I wanted the Station to look, so will be back soon with some more developments.

• Like 1

You've done a cracking back scene around the station Andy really brought it all to life excellent. Even in the 80's some stations were looked after by local user groups and as it is set in the Oxfordshire area I'm sure that the local's would have had pride in how they station looked. I reckon you need a 'Mrs Bucket' to take charge of appearances  :jester:

• Like 1

Keep posting Andy, I get nervous when my GC thread is higher up the order than KM, had visions of more blue lights again lol.

No Blue lights thank goodness mate, just had nothing done until earlier today.

Pics of todays work soon.

• Like 2

You've done a cracking back scene around the station Andy really brought it all to life excellent. Even in the 80's some stations were looked after by local user groups and as it is set in the Oxfordshire area I'm sure that the local's would have had pride in how they station looked. I reckon you need a 'Mrs Bucket' to take charge of appearances  :jester:

Thanks Martin, the Station area is coming together well now, and so I can move on to the bit in front, once I've decided what to do there.

Definitely a Mrs Bucket jobbie required though.

So this morning I made a long awaited start on the front embankment over the Lever Frame.

Just a bit of PVA, and some Masking Tape to add the embankment and cover the Point Motors, then added some Green Acrylic  Paint and whilst still wet, some more PVA and Flock and Bushes.

A reminder of how it was.

post-9335-0-50800500-1529490413_thumb.jpg

Note the PVA is still wet.

post-9335-0-73674700-1529489403_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-14628900-1529489454_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-26520600-1529489501_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-59356600-1529489541_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-45498400-1529489596_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-97321000-1529489647_thumb.jpg

I also finished off the area from the Office down to the path to the Signal Box and Platform end.

post-9335-0-78811300-1529489710_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16

Yo Mr P

I see you haven't conned found a buyer yet?

Not looking for one either at the moment Clive, I wouldn't have the physical strength to start a full project at the moment, as it would mean a lot of wood cutting, stretching, straining etc.

Plus I can sit on my stool, :O  High Chair, and play Trains and enjoy it still.

• Like 4

Just come across this thread, great looking layout

David

Thanks very much David, glad you like it, more pics to come soon, and much more detail to add as well.

I hope you enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

Hi Andy

Sorry for the mass likes but I have just caught up. I need to pop in more often,

station looking good  :sungum:

Cheers Guys, having a few days out of TOPS and doing some Gardening at the moment, to earn some Brownie Points, I needed to, the weeds had taken over.

• Like 5

Cheers Guys, having a few days out of TOPS and doing some Gardening at the moment, to earn some Brownie Points, I needed to, the weeds had taken over.

Andy you have my sympathy.

I too have been despatched to tidy or postage stamp garden, as Chris is still unable to walk, Normally it is her domain, including the

mowing. I of course hadn't even noticed the weeds taking over, until she started fretting over the state it must be getting in.

The most important thing though is TAKE IT EASY, overdoing the modelling is occaisionally excusable understandable. Overdoing

gardening is unexcusable!

( Just keep planning <4mm only> in your head whilst you endure the penance).

• Like 1

Andy you have my sympathy.

I too have been despatched to tidy or postage stamp garden, as Chris is still unable to walk, Normally it is her domain, including the

mowing. I of course hadn't even noticed the weeds taking over, until she started fretting over the state it must be getting in.

The most important thing though is TAKE IT EASY, overdoing the modelling is occaisionally excusable understandable. Overdoing

gardening is unexcusable!

( Just keep planning <4mm only> in your head whilst you endure the penance).

Thanks Tony, It really wasn't a penance in the end, the Sun was out, and I had an enjoyable hour, potting some Flowers into Tubs, and some in the border, and I actually enjoyed it. Normally, and looking back afterwards, in years gone by, it would have been about a 20 minute job, but as I say, today it was a full hour, taking things slowly.

I did have a small running session afterwards, and there will be a Video later.

• Like 2

So whilst we / I wait patienly for the Video to download, here is a pic of my latest Class 47, and in a Livery, I feel they should have pursued, it really suits the Loco in my opinion.

post-9335-0-30946200-1529783150_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-63035800-1529783238_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-46978100-1529783298_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11