Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Nostalgia moments:

Platform 7, Snow Hill, visiting the engine after journeys from Wellington/Gobowen

1951 Battersea Park 70004 William Shakespeare (Festival of Britain)

1952 Blackpool excursion from New Street

Moor Street traverser with 41xx prairies, fascination for a 10 year old

And then I became a trainspotter

Paul

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Whoops, :sungum:  :O wanted to keep it a bit quiet for now, :no:  :no:  I'm really strugling at the moment, lots of BAD days, and the Mojo has more than gone.

We / I will have to wait and see what happens, either way I don't mind, even if the price has to drop a bit or it stays.

Edited by Andrew P

Sorry to rattle the cage. In the year and a half you have built this layout, all I have done is read about your wonderful work.

I think your mojo is just have a rest!

Following your story, your actually built layouts to try ideas.

Whilst other people make drawings of layouts on backs of old envelopes and spend hours reading RmWeb of other peoples layouts. But never get to a near completed layout themselves.

You have a great talent.

I just need to put into practice what I have read in your pages!

I will be looking forward to the next chapter of this great work of art!

• Agree 1

Sorry to hear that you are struggling Andy, also sorry that you are opting to put another masterpiece up for sale.

The heat is getting to me more than I can ever remember, (I used to be a Sun worshiper) and I have lost a bit more than Mojo for now.

Sorry to rattle the cage. In the year and a half you have built this layout, all I have done is read about your wonderful work.

I think your mojo is just have a rest!

Following your story, your actually built layouts to try ideas.

Whilst other people make drawings of layouts on backs of old envelopes and spend hours reading RmWeb of other peoples layouts. But never get to a near completed layout themselves.

You have a great talent.

I just need to put into practice what I have read in your pages!

I will be looking forward to the next chapter of this great work of art!

I'm still always doing back of the envelope sketches, and in the past, I always felt the Build was more enjoyable than the running long term, apart from in my exhibitor / Show days.

Glad your enjoying my work.

• RMweb Premium

Andy,

Really sorry to hear about the bad days and possible sale. I guess a number of us can relate to the loss of Mojo but few can really understand the struggles you're having. I hope it helps you to know that there a lot of people on here that enjoy and are inspired by your efforts. Whatever you decide to do I, like muddy water,  look forward to the next chapter whatever that may be. Take care and all the best.

• RMweb Gold

I think a lot of people, not just railway modellers, are finding motivation a bit lacking in this heat.

Wishing you all the best, Andy. I was just thinking it was a long time since your last new venture. But take your time in making a decision.

The heat is getting to me more than I can ever remember, (I used to be a Sun worshiper) and I have lost a bit more than Mojo for now.

In this heat the discerning gentleman puts his clothes aside and dons the loin cloth and pith helmet. You'll feel the benefit in body and spirit in no time, trust me, I've been dressed like this for months now!

In this heat the discerning gentleman puts his clothes aside and dons the loin cloth and pith helmet. You'll feel the benefit in body and spirit in no time, trust me, I've been dressed like this for months now!

Think my wife would take the Pith, hahah. :sungum:

Besides they don't make a Loin Cloth long enough to save my modesty. :no:  :no:  :no:

Andy,

Really sorry to hear about the bad days and possible sale. I guess a number of us can relate to the loss of Mojo but few can really understand the struggles you're having. I hope it helps you to know that there a lot of people on here that enjoy and are inspired by your efforts. Whatever you decide to do I, like muddy water,  look forward to the next chapter whatever that may be. Take care and all the best.

Thanks PJ, the rest is doing me good, except for the right hand, :O  doodling ideas. :nono:  :nono:  :sungum:

I think a lot of people, not just railway modellers, are finding motivation a bit lacking in this heat.

Wishing you all the best, Andy. I was just thinking it was a long time since your last new venture. But take your time in making a decision.

IF, and it's a BIG IF, it goes then I have friends who will do all the carpentry, whatever I do will be small and manageable, so all I need to do is drop on some Track, throw on some ballast and scatter.

I'm sorry to hear about the likely disposal of Kings Moreton, Andy.  I hope it goes to a good home.  Maybe freeing up space for an enlarged Penybont? - there are some juicy looking O gauge locos and stock either promised or already available, surely something to get the mojo going again. I've just had a quick look on the market site and if you get your asking price then that would be a significant cash reserve for all the O gauge goodies.

All the very best,

Brian.

I'm sorry to hear about the likely disposal of Kings Moreton, Andy.  I hope it goes to a good home.  Maybe freeing up space for an enlarged Penybont? - there are some juicy looking O gauge locos and stock either promised or already available, surely something to get the mojo going again. I've just had a quick look on the market site and if you get your asking price then that would be a significant cash reserve for all the O gauge goodies.

All the very best,

Brian.

Cheers Brian, replacements will be small and more manageable, but will be very slow builds.

It will be interesting to see if it does sell, if it does, I will be lucky.

• Like 1

I thought the shed was for sale, not just the train set. So I rang up to find out the price.......I cannot repeat on Rmweb what the vendor shouted down the phone at me. Shocked i was , very shocked.

I did offer the Bungalow to go with it. :no:  :no:

Seriously appreciated your call this evening and your advice re None Railway matters as well. I'll report back when I know more.

Also send some of your wildlife this way, the Birds singing in your garden sounded superb.

• RMweb Gold

Just gone window shopping. It won’t fit in 10x8 with a chimney in the corner so that’s me out.

Hope all goes well and mojo returns enough to do something.

Paul.

Just gone window shopping. It won’t fit in 10x8 with a chimney in the corner so that’s me out.

Hope all goes well and mojo returns enough to do something.

Paul.

Build an extension Paul. :no:  :no:  :no:  :sungum:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Build an extension Paul. :no:  :no:  :no:  :sungum:

Going miles off topic here, but reminds me of someone who had an unwanted phone call selling conservatories and played along with the pressure selling then after 1/2 hour mentioned that they had never seen a conservatory on a first floor flat before and wondered how it would work!!!

Paul.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to hear about your loss of mojo.  I believe it will return.

As they say you cannot keep a good man down.

And in case you are having doubts Mr Peters, you are a good man and a very inspirational one at that!

• Agree 1

I thought the shed was for sale, not just the train set. So I rang up to find out the price.......I cannot repeat on Rmweb what the vendor shouted down the phone at me. Shocked i was , very shocked.

Is it because you asked if the curtains were included? :)

I'm sure like many others who've followed Kings Moreton, I think you've done a great job but health and happiness have to come first. You've no doubt agonised over the decision, but I'm sure you've made a wise choice and I hope that someone else is able to take it on.

All the best mate!

Andy,

You've had a really rough time for several months now so the disappearance of your mojo comes as no surprise.  I liked KM though if I am completely honest as a late steam/early diesel enthusiast I much preferred Pencarne. However perhaps you have taken KM as far as you want to so letting it go to somebody who will appreciate it strikes me as being a good thing.

I hope that as your mojo comes back to life, as it doubtless will that work will resume on Pen Y Bont another of your layouts I greatly admire which might expand to use some of the freed-up space.

Please forgive me for telling you how to suck eggs - take small steps, a little each day and as you feel better be careful not to overdo it again and end up back where you started ..............

Look after yourself,

Dave

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your loss of mojo.  I believe it will return.

As they say you cannot keep a good man down.

And in case you are having doubts Mr Peters, you are a good man and a very inspirational one at that!

Thanks Bogie, the old Mojo will return soon I hope, my biggest problem is my Brain, it goes into overdrive when I sit down, and ideas start to circulate. 

I need more sugar I think.