Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Andy,

I also meant to say that I love that kitbashed Metcalfe bridge, this is precisely what i intend for the scenic break on Danemouth and i expect it to be carrying some buses (I really like Bedford OBs) and several period cars,

Regards,

Dave

• Like 3

Wow that is a nice bus rally

3 are sold, but there may be an Agricultural Engineers going in that are a like I had on Pencarne, or just an Old Workshop with the other Busses parked up, plus the two BR Busses.

Andy,

The stock shelves above the layout look unusually empty, is it all on KM?

Cheers,

Dave

All current stock is on KM Dave, but there are about 22 x 16T Minerals, and 30 + Brown Vans in the cupboard, plus half a dozen Brake Vans.

Andy,

I also meant to say that I love that kitbashed Metcalfe bridge, this is precisely what i intend for the scenic break on Danemouth and i expect it to be carrying some buses (I really like Bedford OBs) and several period cars,

Regards,

Dave

I did the same on Bristol Victoria but with two Kits for a full Viaduct, then they were cut back down and now for the entrance to the Fiddle Yard at Dore End Station, and the Road over by the Canal, (the one with the droppy down arch) haha.

• RMweb Premium

The latest series of posts just go to show you cannot keep a good man down - or a bl***y bus for that matter.

How many of those things do you have?

The latest series of posts just go to show you cannot keep a good man down - or a bl***y bus for that matter.

How many of those things do you have?

If your talking Busses, that is it, apart from the two BR Busses.

So one Old git says to the other Old git;- I hope that was just wind! :O

attachicon.gifIMG_5047.JPG

No it's SAUSAGES AND GREEN GRASS   :stinker:  :stinker:  

And the winner of the Busses on the Bridge Competition goes to =  :sungum:

attachicon.gifIMG_5045.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5041.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5044.JPG

Your waiting of a bus on Andy's layout and the whole bl--dy collection turns up ......knew you couldn't resist Andy it's your layout signature like the three birds on your paintings  :jester:  :jester:

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

I've been away for a week so a bit late I know, but just to say I'm really pleased you've decided to keep KM. Hope it gives you many more years of fulfilment and entertainment.

Mike

Thanks Mike, good to see you back. I hope I can now finish the smaller jobs, and enjoy it even more.

• RMweb Premium

Naa, bit old Paul, this is what I need, a Stagecoach National I think.

attachicon.gif32643174561_9514cb8aee_b.jpg

Too late for the BR blue period. Midland Red South (wot buses I posted about earlier) was formed in 1981. Stagecoach didn't get involved (as Stagecoach Midland Red) until the mid 90s and as Stagecoach Oxfordshire in 2002. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stagecoach_in_Warwickshire and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stagecoach_in_Oxfordshire

But Rule One applies...

Too late for the BR blue period. Midland Red South (wot buses I posted about earlier) was formed in 1981. Stagecoach didn't get involved (as Stagecoach Midland Red) until the mid 90s and as Stagecoach Oxfordshire in 2002. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stagecoach_in_Warwickshire and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stagecoach_in_Oxfordshire

But Rule One applies...

That what I thought, but the Number plate is ''R'' 76 / 77 as were some others I found.

Edited by Andrew P

Or you could do what I did and use painted stones to surround the planting.

In real life, I believe, they where in some instances actually painted lumps of coal

post-8925-0-00819600-1529068248_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-44600600-1529068263_thumb.jpg

The flower beds where on 2mm card and the 'lumps' glued to the edge.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium

That what I thought, but the Number plate is ''R'' 76 / 77 as were some others I found.

Many many repaints over the years - they were structurally built to last. I was riding on one on the way to school and we were in a head on collision with a car. The front of the car was crushed back to the windscreen, but you would have been pushed to see a dent on the front bumper of the bus. The bus drove on once it was clear nobody was hurt.

• Like 1

Or you could do what I did and use painted stones to surround the planting.

In real life, I believe, they where in some instances actually painted lumps of coal

attachicon.gifIMG_0298.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0297.JPG

The flower beds where on 2mm card and the 'lumps' glued to the edge.

Thanks Kevin, that is the plan for Pen Y Bont, as I did on Trebudoc, (see below), so wanted something slightly different on here, but yours looks really neat mate.

post-9335-0-63358100-1529074918_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4