Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

It's the first time the Vans at the end of the Video have taken that Route through the arch, and it looks like the Roofs are catching that I only noticed on the Video.

Hopefully not too big a job to sort

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Tony, It really wasn't a penance in the end, the Sun was out, and I had an enjoyable hour, potting some Flowers into Tubs, and some in the border, and I actually enjoyed it. Normally, and looking back afterwards, in years gone by, it would have been about a 20 minute job, but as I say, today it was a full hour, taking things slowly.

I did have a small running session afterwards, and there will be a Video later.

And there is me thinking we were going to have a video of you mowing your fake grass lawn. :( :( :blackeye: :(

And there is me thinking we were going to have a video of you mowing your fake grass lawn. :( :( :blackeye: :(

I did sweep a small bit with a lightweight Broom mate, didn't want  to use to much energy, hahha :stinker:  :stinker:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I am going to check the numbers on the Mk1 coaches to make sure they are ETH fitted, or else the poor (well not so poor) passengers in the air con Mk2 will be sweltering on a day like to day........be quiet in the cheap seats, they might not deserve it.

• Like 1

I am going to check the numbers on the Mk1 coaches to make sure they are ETH fitted, or else the poor (well not so poor) passengers in the air con Mk2 will be sweltering on a day like to day........be quiet in the cheap seats, they might not deserve it.

ET has gone Home?

Yeah, shouldn't be to bad, the bridge is removable and I have some spare Brick paper, to cut away and re form the shape.

While you have it out, how about fitting something akin to "Phil the ducks" caterpillar. The opening shots of the video,

suffer from the rear of the train being visible through the bridge. Perhaps some screening would help.

Cracking video's Andy brings back some wonderful memories of spotting days  :sungum:

Cheers Martin, yes it reminds me of days at Eastleigh, Didcot, Newport and Doncaster with George T.

Great days, with such diverse Motive Power.

• Like 1

While you have it out, how about fitting something akin to "Phil the ducks" caterpillar. The opening shots of the video,

suffer from the rear of the train being visible through the bridge. Perhaps some screening would help.

Hi Tony, Thanks, I've not seen the Duck's Caterpillar, so will need to go and see what it is.

As for screening the area behind the Bridge, that will come when I finish that area off later mate, but yes, it needs doing.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Tony, Thanks, I've not seen the Duck's Caterpillar, so will need to go and see what it is.

As for screening the area behind the Bridge, that will come when I finish that area off later mate, but yes, it needs doing.

What you have not done it already?!!

Not really accustomed to this "steady as she goes Andy" - but with time I am sure I (and others) will get used to him.

I for one want to see him him posting for many years yet.

Great videos Andy - I always enjoy them despite the fact that blue diesels and carriages don't normally float my boat so to speak.  However, I will ask a (stupid) question if I may.  As I said I'm not a blue diesel fan nor am I familiar with the area and era modelled at Kings Morton.  My question concerns container traffic.  Did no container trains run in this area/era?  I keep expecting to see inter-modal  traffic circulating.

Regards,

Brian.

Cheers Martin, yes it reminds me of days at Eastleigh, Didcot, Newport and Doncaster with George T.

Great days, with such diverse Motive Power.

Love the latest video Mate, really brings the memories back of great days out when there was always something to see, do you know that l haven't had a 'MARS' bar since those days...Hahahahaha how many years ago was it ???

• Like 3

What you have not done it already?!!

Not really accustomed to this "steady as she goes Andy" - but with time I am sure I (and others) will get used to him.

I for one want to see him him posting for many years yet.

Thanks Bogie, yes I too am NOT accustomed to this slow and steady approach, but it's paying off, I'm still breathing, hahaha. :O  :sungum:

I do hope to have many years of Life and Modelling ahead of me yet, but at the moment I certainly couldn't contemplate the work involved in stripping KM, and rebuilding something else, so it will stay as it is for some time yet.

Cheers.

• Like 3

Great videos Andy - I always enjoy them despite the fact that blue diesels and carriages don't normally float my boat so to speak.  However, I will ask a (stupid) question if I may.  As I said I'm not a blue diesel fan nor am I familiar with the area and era modelled at Kings Morton.  My question concerns container traffic.  Did no container trains run in this area/era?  I keep expecting to see inter-modal  traffic circulating.

Regards,

Brian.

Hi Brian and thanks.

As for Container Traffic, it would have been early Freightliner, and would have been mainly the Southampton to the North, i.e Trafford Park, Bescot, Washwood Heath, etc. Unfortunately I'm not sure which Freightliner Flats it would have been back in the 80's, and also the formations were very long, a lot longer than my Fiddle Yards, and so I'm sticking to Speedlink, and Railfreight for the shorter Trains.

Many years ago, Hornby made a bad representation of a Freightliner Flat and Loads, I've had them in the past, and the ran really bad.

This is what I would need to replicate were I to add Container Traffic to KM, (which is set just North of Oxford BTW, on the line to Banbury / Birmingham).

post-9335-0-54952600-1529914114.jpg

post-9335-0-19256900-1529914150_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Love the latest video Mate, really brings the memories back of great days out when there was always something to see, do you know that l haven't had a 'MARS' bar since those days...Hahahahaha how many years ago was it ???

Yeah, great days at Eastleigh, Newport, Didcot, and Bescot etc, plus the trips to Doncaster, as you say always LOADS to keep you entertained all day. 

And I've not had a Mar's Bar since either. :sungum:

And Pt 2, from today.

Hey things are looking up - KM now has loco hauled semi-fast service reinstated. Not so long ago there was NO passenger traffic.

However HEALTH WARNING - that spotter in brown must be seriously overweight, the Brute he's sat on is nearly tipped on its end

with said weight. Definately needs your sanguin advice re Mars Bars Andy.

• Like 2

Good to hear that you are taking things easy Andy. 

Thanks Andy, just been for a Gym and Swim, nothing to strenuous, but gentle exercise in the cool of the Air Coned Gym, and a nice warmish Pool, all still courtesy of the NHS, well I have paid in for 53 years. :sungum:  

• Like 5

Hey things are looking up - KM now has loco hauled semi-fast service reinstated. Not so long ago there was NO passenger traffic.

However HEALTH WARNING - that spotter in brown must be seriously overweight, the Brute he's sat on is nearly tipped on its end

with said weight. Definately needs your sanguin advice re Mars Bars Andy.

Hi Tony, Yes, back to some Passenger workings now that I have a proper Station for them to stop at. I need to drag the Parcels Stock out as well at some time.

As for Mars Bars, at one time, you would have thought that George and I were sponsored by them, as we always had them on Boys days out.

• Like 2