Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Hi Andy, stay cool and take it easy. All the best Adrian.

Thanks Adrian, feet up, fan and cold drink, that's the order of the day, although I do have Visitors on Friday in the form of George T of this parish, but we will try to keep cool.

• Like 2

Morning Andy, Really looking forward to the visit to TOPS this friday, l will bring the brake van down as well, stay cool mate, its really cloudy in Manchester but very hot and sticky, need a big storm to freashen the place up....

Morning Andy, Really looking forward to the visit to TOPS this friday, l will bring the brake van down as well, stay cool mate, its really cloudy in Manchester but very hot and sticky, need a big storm to freashen the place up....

Yeah really could do with some rain and a storm to freshen things up.

Still I'm sure a FULL ENGLISH for you and Mark will go down well Friday morning, unfortunately the local pub that did the EAT ALL YOU CAN breakfast, has stopped doing them, must be because you cleared them out last time you were down mate. hahahha :no:  :no:  :no:

• RMweb Gold

Our area is due thunder storms on Friday ... you will therefore probably get your wish.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 2

Our area is due thunder storms on Friday ... you will therefore probably get your wish.

Cheers, Peter

Best dig me wellies out then mate, hahhaha. :no:  :no:

It was good to get to Club this evening after a good couple of days, the Ginger nuts and mug of tea and natter with my mates also helped the evening.

• Like 2

Like Peter BB, I go missing for a bit and find this news....

Do take care Andy and keep those fans and cold drinks going...

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan, good to see you back, yes plenty of cold drinks and sitting indoors, (which I hate) but it has to be done now.

Keep smiling and planning the next stage of your railway empire!

Stay near your fans but too near as you can catch your hair in it! 

Carry on with plenty of the cold drinks.

I've just done the 10min walk up to school to collect the two youngest grandchildren and by the time I got back I was looking like a beetroot.

Indoors is best by the fans....you've got the best idea.

Edited by KNP

Keep smiling and planning the next stage of your railway empire!

Stay near your fans but too near as you can catch your hair in it! 

Carry on with plenty of the cold drinks.

I've just done the 10min walk up to school to collect the two youngest grandchildren and by the time I got back I was looking like a beetroot.

Indoors is best by the fans....you've got the best idea.

Cold Fan, Cold Drink and a doodling pad.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy.

Sorry to see you struggling mate. It happened to me after my first HA  and I have to say it took more than 2 years to come back from the emotional issues. Tbh mate I still haven't full recovered. The second one wasn't so bad but that maybe because I didn't have time to dwell on things as I had to crack on with the renovations of the flat. Oh I didn't do anything stupid but I had to keep going or it would still be half done. So I achieved ONE thing every day and got through it and it was a great help. The thing no one tells you about having a heart attack is the loss of confidence and in a lot of ways that's the hardest thing to take. All I can do for you is to tell you NOT to do anything in haste your confidence WILL return although it might never be quite the same again but it will return. I fear you are a little depressed mate, have you spoken to your doctor about how you are feeling? Might not be a bad idea, in the mean time I'm here if you need a chat, from personal experience I can tell you that talking about your fears does help.

Regards Lez.  

Hi Andy.

Sorry to see you struggling mate. It happened to me after my first HA  and I have to say it took more than 2 years to come back from the emotional issues. Tbh mate I still haven't full recovered. The second one wasn't so bad but that maybe because I didn't have time to dwell on things as I had to crack on with the renovations of the flat. Oh I didn't do anything stupid but I had to keep going or it would still be half done. So I achieved ONE thing every day and got through it and it was a great help. The thing no one tells you about having a heart attack is the loss of confidence and in a lot of ways that's the hardest thing to take. All I can do for you is to tell you NOT to do anything in haste your confidence WILL return although it might never be quite the same again but it will return. I fear you are a little depressed mate, have you spoken to your doctor about how you are feeling? Might not be a bad idea, in the mean time I'm here if you need a chat, from personal experience I can tell you that talking about your fears does help.

Regards Lez.  

Hi Lez, Cheers mate, The anxiety attacks have now gone, Doc put me on half tab, that was O.K. he then changed to full tab, and I only took 2, as the second day I was zonked out. I have now stopped taking any, and starting to feel as I did when I came out of Hospital, a lot more confident, but still getting tired, but I think that is mainly the heat at the moment, same for the dizzy spells. Doc ringing me next week, but says any change ring him immediately. 

Also I will be having my 6 Monthly Hospital check up again soon, but they have said the same, any change, and act on it, 999 / A & E whatever I feel I need.

I do things slower, especially in this heat, and know when I get to my limits it's time for a knap, (2 hours in the chair so far today). 

The Cardiac Rehab at the Gym has really helped to boost my confidence, but again, like this week, if it's to hot, I give it a miss. I was going swimming after my Gym sessions, but now the pool is full of screaming sprogs as it's School Holidays. The Adult sessions are to early mornings for me, hahah.

Time for tea, and a quiet evening ahead.

Cheers again.

A.

Edited by Andrew P

Well done that man l did not think it would take long mate, cracking layouts never do, and you should know you have made many.....

Cheers George, Yes I've sold quite a few now, and so the decks will be cleared in a few weeks, and I have some mates who are making the baseboards, they WON'T let me do the carpentry, and so in the meantime I can sit and doodle some ideas. 

Watch this space, although it may be many Months before anything raises it's head. :sungum:

• Like 2

Hi Andy,

hope you are taking it easy buddy. I hope you get the mojo back soon and build another stunning layout.

Mark

Cheers Mark, I'm so laid back, I'm almost horizontal, hahha

Planning is always enjoyable, as it's almost effort free. :sungum:

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

Take your time, relax and daydream (the last word is another way of saying plan new layouts).

Twelve months ago I realised I was no longer enjoying my 00 layout so sold all the 00 stuff, since then I've had a number of minor niggling health issues, culminating in my recent hernia surgery.

Right now I am enjoying running a few trains on my Swiss n gauge layout which I am slowly rebuilding and just thinking about what to do next on my small 0 gauge layout.

I'm finding it very therapeutic and am beginning to look forward to actually doing things in a month or so, all being well.

I'm sure you'll soon get back to doing things, especially when it turns cooler.

David

• Like 2

Good to hear your taking it easy Andy and a shame about the layout but onwards and upwards eh? Time for Kingsmill 2?

Agh yes Kingsmill 2, that's an idea for the OO Layout, as I just want small but interesting to operate, 

Food for thought mate. :sungum: Cheers.

• Like 3

Andy,

Take your time, relax and daydream (the last word is another way of saying plan new layouts).

Twelve months ago I realised I was no longer enjoying my 00 layout so sold all the 00 stuff, since then I've had a number of minor niggling health issues, culminating in my recent hernia surgery.

Right now I am enjoying running a few trains on my Swiss n gauge layout which I am slowly rebuilding and just thinking about what to do next on my small 0 gauge layout.

I'm finding it very therapeutic and am beginning to look forward to actually doing things in a month or so, all being well.

I'm sure you'll soon get back to doing things, especially when it turns cooler.

David

Hi Dave, Sorry to hear about your health issues as well, I hadn't realised, although I knew you were off air, for a short while on your photo site.

Don't mention the Swiss... :O  :nono:  :nono:  :scared:  :scared: ………………….Years ago I modelled HO Swiss, Austrian and German Railways, mainly for the supreme running quality when we only had Lima and Hornby here in the U.K,  but also the wonderful clean bright liveries, I still get side tracked at Shows where Layouts and Traders are there to tempt me back into buying a Brown krokodil,  or an RE4/4 in stunning Red. :no:

Both the new OO and O Gauge Layouts will be small, but hopefully interesting.

Now,,,,,,,,,,Where can I find room for that Swiss HO Layout? :sungum:  

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

I too had a phase of loving European HO but I sold them all in the mid 1980s when switching to US HO. My favourite was a ROCO electric loco with exquisite working pantographs.  There was, as you say, nothing like those models in OO at the time.  My love for American HO still exists and I have managed to hang on to most of them.  Again, the quality of Asian (Japanese and Korean) brass was stunning and today the plastic bodied locos are now leading the quality stakes.  I really shouldn't unbox these lovelies because if I do I will be tempted to stray from the current objective.

Keep daydreaming!  Paul

• Like 3

I too had a phase of loving European HO but I sold them all in the mid 1980s when switching to US HO. My favourite was a ROCO electric loco with exquisite working pantographs.  There was, as you say, nothing like those models in OO at the time.  My love for American HO still exists and I have managed to hang on to most of them.  Again, the quality of Asian (Japanese and Korean) brass was stunning and today the plastic bodied locos are now leading the quality stakes.  I really shouldn't unbox these lovelies because if I do I will be tempted to stray from the current objective.

Keep daydreaming!  Paul

Yes Paul, lets change the subject, before I start to look an on a certain auction website, hahhaha.

• Like 2

A fair bit cooler today, and so an hour and a bit was spent in TOPS, having one of the final plays on KM, and getting some pics and Videos. Two Videos are up loading but here are a few pics in the mean time.

First a couple fresh out of the Paint Shop.

post-9335-0-35053600-1532615216_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-77759100-1532615427_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-12281800-1532615539_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-22409800-1532615635_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-09912700-1532615709_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

Hi Andy, I am sorry to hear that your health is not good.

Ian may have a good point with Kingsmill 2. When Ian first had the track down and wired for Tidworth he invited a load of us for a play to test its out (I must admit that I didn’t realise that it was a mirror image of your layout). At the time it was just flat baseboards and no buildings. Now Ian stated that it was going to be NSE era based on non electrified lines on the Hampshire and Wiltshire border. I must admit the track plan would suite an end of a branch line in South Wales (circa 2000/2005), with class 143’s, 150’s and peak time Class 37’s with air con mk2’s. With a low relief steelworks industry at the back as a freight interest (classes 60 & 66).

Keep your chin up.

• Like 1