Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Is it because you asked if the curtains were included? :)

I'm sure like many others who've followed Kings Moreton, I think you've done a great job but health and happiness have to come first. You've no doubt agonised over the decision, but I'm sure you've made a wise choice and I hope that someone else is able to take it on.

All the best mate!

Thanks Martyn, I have enjoyed it, and recently having completed some of the Station area, it's looking good, even though I say so my self. I do hope it sells and someone can take it on and enjoy it.

I need to be planning / building etc, so maybe something small and easy to move about may be the answer.

Enjoy a break for a while especially in this hot weather mojo will return when your ready agree about going steady I especially like to follow your builds so will look forward to next masterpiece ,only when you are ready.Chris

• Like 1

Andy,

You've had a really rough time for several months now so the disappearance of your mojo comes as no surprise.  I liked KM though if I am completely honest as a late steam/early diesel enthusiast I much preferred Pencarne. However perhaps you have taken KM as far as you want to so letting it go to somebody who will appreciate it strikes me as being a good thing.

I hope that as your mojo comes back to life, as it doubtless will that work will resume on Pen Y Bont another of your layouts I greatly admire which might expand to use some of the freed-up space.

Please forgive me for telling you how to suck eggs - take small steps, a little each day and as you feel better be careful not to overdo it again and end up back where you started ..............

Look after yourself,

Dave

Thanks Dave, Yes, small steps indeed, and back to a smaller more manageable project. Pen still needs some work, and at the moment is also in the way.

I have a Visitor next Friday to run on Pen, so, ''A'' that will buck me up, and ''B'' I can then get some more done on it, I hope.

• Like 2

Enjoy a break for a while especially in this hot weather mojo will return when your ready agree about going steady I especially like to follow your builds so will look forward to next masterpiece ,only when you are ready.Chris

Thanks Chris, not sure about the word, Masterpiece, I use that to describe Layout like Little Bytham, Retford, and Little Muddle etc, but the builds are an enjoyable phase.

Found the Mojo today, it's under the Layout, waiting for the weather to cool down a bit.

• Like 3

Andy,

Forgot to ask, the shed is frequently referred to as TOPS - what does that stand for please?

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave = TOPS = The Old Potting Shed, :sungum:  although it never has been. :no:

I can understand why you would sell, with the 0 gauge looking that good I know where my mojo would go. Good luck with the sale, it's going to be a special person that will take it on.

Thanks Scott, it hurts to sell it, (that's IF it sells) but also I enjoy the design and builds, so a fresh start may be what I need, I know once this heatwave cools a bit, I'll have more Mojo again.

Edited by Andrew P

lt's really amazing how a new project can lift a low / lost mojo ? l have done this many times in the past, we all lose it now and again... 

Yes I agree, I've started many a project, with a new Mojo, some many have failed along the way, some have come out fairly good.

I also feel I need a change of direction, so many plans / thoughts / doodles / ideas etc are going around. 

Lastly I've run out of room in TOPS, so need to think smaller, and easier to move about.

• Like 3

A little work was done in TOPS yesterday on a new purchase for Pen Y Bont.

I have seen, don't know about you but it was nice out there for a while but it's gone all muggy again...….

• RMweb Premium

Yes I agree, I've started many a project, with a new Mojo, some many have failed along the way, some have come out fairly good.

I also feel I need a change of direction, so many plans / thoughts / doodles / ideas etc are going around. 

Lastly I've run out of room in TOPS, so need to think smaller, and easier to move about.

Ever thought of modelling part of the London Underground? It would certainly be in a different (i.e. down) direction and you could then build a small (surface) layout on top!

Hope you get the result you want mate.

Edited by Ray H
  • Like 1

Ever thought of modelling part of the London Underground? It would certainly be in a different (i.e. down) direction and you could then build a small (surface) layout on top!

Hope you get the result you want mate.

Far to complicated for me Ray. :no:  :no:  :O

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear your struggling at the moment.  Keep smiling and doodling, that masterpiece is just around the corner, once winter comes!  Seriously, take care in this heat - its amazing how debilitating it is for any of us, let alone what you have been through in recent months.

My advice, remain inside, keep the fan on full blast, pin the notebook to the dining room table (as long as you cover the drawing pins with books SWMBO will never know) and stay cool while compiling your book on the Peters Track Plans Vol.1 - the aim by Appendix J or Chapter 126 is to conclude with the words, and this is the small layout i intend to build  :)

Take care mate

Rich

• Like 2

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear your struggling at the moment.  Keep smiling and doodling, that masterpiece is just around the corner, once winter comes!  Seriously, take care in this heat - its amazing how debilitating it is for any of us, let alone what you have been through in recent months.

My advice, remain inside, keep the fan on full blast, pin the notebook to the dining room table (as long as you cover the drawing pins with books SWMBO will never know) and stay cool while compiling your book on the Peters Track Plans Vol.1 - the aim by Appendix J or Chapter 126 is to conclude with the words, and this is the small layout i intend to build  :)

Take care mate

Rich

I did actually start a Track Plan Book back in the early 80's, it was modelling based on small Real locations, but NOT typical BLT types, and about 5 plans were completed.

Blood pressure and Heart Rate more stable today, yesterday BP was down to 94, and later 96 and then 106, but today back to 140.

Luckily I have a vast source of pics from Shows over the years, and so I have a quiet browse through, and find bits of one Layout then another, and make notes of bits I like, such as Yards, Sidings, Sheds etc, so plenty to keep the brain active whilst sitting in the cool.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I did actually start a Track Plan Book back in the early 80's, it was modelling based on small Real locations, but NOT typical BLT types, and about 5 plans were completed.

Blood pressure and Heart Rate more stable today, yesterday BP was down to 94, and later 96 and then 106, but today back to 140.

Luckily I have a vast source of pics from Shows over the years, and so I have a quiet browse through, and find bits of one Layout then another, and make notes of bits I like, such as Yards, Sidings, Sheds etc, so plenty to keep the brain active whilst sitting in the cool.

Lol! Following the Blue PETER tradition - here's one I did earlier :P

Take care Andy, we're in for another hot week according to the BBC worse luck (its starting to wear me down!) so seriously ... just take it steady.

Rich

You take care Andy good job you not out here in America it's 90 degrees plus every day...thank God for air conditioning in the car and inside pheeeeew

Take it easy Andy. I am sure the Mojo will return :)

All the best

Steve

Lol! Following the Blue PETER tradition - here's one I did earlier :P

Take care Andy, we're in for another hot week according to the BBC worse luck (its starting to wear me down!) so seriously ... just take it steady.

Rich

I can only echo the words of those above. Make sure you take things steady over the week ahead Andy. You need to look after your health first. 

I go missing for a short period and come back to this.  Hope you both regain your strength and mojo soon.

Cheers, Peter

Cheers Guys, staying inside in the cool with two fans running and a long cold drink along side of me.

Still getting dizzy spells when standing, so really taking it slowly.

Hi Andy....

Please take care matey....we'll all feel better when this blinking weather cools off to normal an it rains...

Regards always...

Bob

Hi Andy....

Please take care matey....we'll all feel better when this blinking weather cools off to normal an it rains...

Regards always...

Bob

Cheers Bob, Fans still going flat out, and keeping inside in the shade.