Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

DEMU SHOWCASE 2017 June 3rd/4th Burton on Trent Town Hall

newbryford

hmmm, dilemma time, im on the RTC shunt saturday morning in derby but also need to travel to cumbria the same day, will i have time to call into Burton on the way?

Of course you will.

I see from the website that Dapol are returning to the exhibition this year for the first time after Dave left the company.

I'm looking forward to meeting Neil to shake his hand for his work on the class 68 (as I'm sure many others are). They should also have N gauge class 68's, OO class 121's Railcars,  not to mention updates on the class 59 and perhaps the even the 21/29 samples. Then there are the samples of all the re-runs and the 142 samples (for you n gauge people). 

What a comeback! A veritable Dapol-fest!

Troutons lighting pelmet re painted, scenery touched up, stock boxes checked and ready to go. Any one know the earliest time to get in at the Hall on Friday night?

The hall will be open from 3.30 for exhibitors and traders

I see from the website that Dapol are returning to the exhibition this year for the first time after Dave left the company.

I'm looking forward to meeting Neil to shake his hand for his work on the class 68 (as I'm sure many others are). They should also have N gauge class 68's, OO class 121's Railcars,  not to mention updates on the class 59 and perhaps the even the 21/29 samples. Then there are the samples of all the re-runs and the 142 samples (for you n gauge people). 

What a comeback! A veritable Dapol-fest!

Please note that it is not now 100% that Dapol will be here, the original idea was that DCC Supplies would have a Showcase of models on their stand. I do not know if this is now happening.

However I am in discussion with Dapol and there is a very good chance that they will be at DEMU from 2018 with their own stand.

• RMweb Premium

John

Is it possible to have a list of layouts, traders and demonstrators at Burton this weekend

Regards

Terry

Hattons has kindly loaned three of their limited edition Dapol bubble cars for display over the weekend, which you're find on the Rail Express Modeller stand (no.23 in the main hall - just look for a whole load of Railfreight triple grey). Also on show among others will be the DJM Mermaid, Kernow Clay Tiger wagon and the Bachmann Class 66 in Aggregate Industries colours.

Edited by Simon Bendall

Hattons has kindly loaned three of their limited edition Dapol bubble cars for display over the weekend, which you're find on the Rail Express Modeller stand (no.26 in the main hall - just look for a whole load of Railfreight triple grey). Also on show among others will be the DJM Mermaid, Kernow Clay Tiger wagon and the Bachmann Class 66 in Aggregate Industries colours.

AND Class 156s from REALTRACK Models, plus the Team from REVOLUTION TRAINS.

Disappointing. Had hoped to meet the guys that pulled the irons from the fire on the 68, so of course DCC supplies won't have anything.

You could always take over my role if you like.

Also Andy Forty who co owns DCC supplies is the Technical Director of Dapol.

Edited by Nobby (John)

• RMweb Premium

Note that due to the General Election requirements taking up some of the booked exhibition space, Deadmans Lane will not be there this year - it has been re-booked for 2018.

However, Nobby did manage to find a 6' table for me to attend with a demo stand of my mostly yellow stuff.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

Note that due to the General Election requirements taking up some of the booked exhibition space, Deadmans Lane will not be there this year - it has been re-booked for 2018.

However, Nobby did manage to find a 6' table for me to attend with a demo stand of my mostly yellow stuff.

Cheers,

Mick

6' table, what you need is an emergency depot plank

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

6' table, what you need is an emergency depot plank

Not ideal when most of my train formations are 4 feet long....................

:locomotive:

Cheers,

Mick

Hello

John is coming to collect me from the care home at 1030, just got to get the Zimmer frame fired up. See you later.

Cheers

George

• RMweb Gold

Hello

John is coming to collect me from the care home at 1030, just got to get the Zimmer frame fired up. See you later.

Cheers

George

Hope DoMH didn't build the zimmer frame, you'll not make it past the matrons office.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

Hmmm, not looking good for me getting there today, still shunting deadman's lane, sorry the RTC and I've worked out I'd have to get the 14:21 from burton to get to Cumbria for a half decent hour so I'd have less than 2 hours at the show once I've finished in Derby

!

• Like 1

Jolly three hours spent at Burton today, Hewisbridge was the standout model by a border country mile - one of those railway in the scenery layouts and jolly exhibitors behind it, there was even a steam engine which the model was crying out for despite this being a DEMU forum.

Having watched Sheepcrooft for a bit i know 4mm 3 link couplings are not for me.

• Like 1