Little Muddle

KNP

7 hours ago, gwrrob said:

What's the best glue to use on this stuff please.

Those steps where glued with good old UHU but I have been using Roket glue to good effect recently plus it sets quickly unlike UHU which would normally be left 24hrs.

If you scratch the surface of plastic, like the reverse side of a Wills sheet, Roket will stick that to card as well - very versatile product - well I hope so otherwise the roofs are about to come off the recent set of buildings I have been doing!!! 

Good filler as well to hide all those little gaps that suddenly appear after painting!

Edited by KNP
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

21 hours ago, KNP said:

Those steps where glued with good old UHU but I have been using Roket glue to good effect recently plus it sets quickly unlike UHU which would normally be left 24hrs.

If you scratch the surface of plastic, like the reverse side of a Wills sheet, Roket will stick that to card as well - very versatile product - well I hope so otherwise the roofs are about to come off the recent set of buildings I have been doing!!! 

Good filler as well to hide all those little gaps that suddenly appear after painting!

I’ve found roket glue works well , if you need to bond to plastic sheet, give the surface a primer coat of liquid poly. This seems to really help .

Rich

• Informative/Useful 2

Slightly off topic. My Dad was a carpenter and was over the moon when PVA glue appeared on the scene, after a lifetime of preparing scotch glue. He used to dilute the PVA with water in a jamjar and one night he went to bed leaving a residue of diluted glue, and an old tablespoon in the jar on his sawbench. The next day he had to smash the jamjar to get the spoon out, then chisel the remains of the jar off his sawbench. The point is PVA is much more useful than you may realise, even diluted.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Martin S-C said:

Before I read your text I thought what a lovely garden bench model that is. Brass I assume. Do you recall where you got it or who makes it?

Thanks.

Yes I can recall...…..!

Even better I can tell you what the fret number is as I have it here in my hand?

It is...…..

Roll on drums...

Wait the obligatory 30 seconds

And

Blast dropped it!

Hang on a minute....

Talk amongst yourselves..

Found it

It is....

Oh not that again please...

Langley Miniatures Brass Fret F129 - patio tables and chairs along with some garden benches.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, KNP said:

Same picture as my previous one but from a different angle.

Miss not have a post number to refer to....

1741.jpg.546dc181b5af8d61fa4741ee4628d390.jpg

Hi Kevin, I did the AGREE to the above ref not having Post Numbers, I too miss them as it made sense in some situations.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

I see that it was back in early January when I first looked at Little Muddle.

It has taken me until now to work all the way through this excellent thread and I am still amazed by the quality and realism of your scenery.

The downside is that it has made me realise how deficient I am in the undergrowth department!

I have already had to plant additional trees, and I can see that this will only be the beginning.

Thanks Kevin for the inspiration!

Tony

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Tony Teague said:

with I see that it was back in early January when I first looked at Little Muddle.

It has taken me until now to work all the way through this excellent thread and I am still amazed by the quality and realism of your scenery.

The downside is that it has made me realise how deficient I am in the undergrowth department!

I have already had to plant additional trees, and I can see that this will only be the beginning.

Thanks Kevin for the inspiration!

Tony

Thank you for that.

To me scenery is everything and when looking at historic pictures it is only to easy to see exactly how many trees, bushes, hedges etc are present.....

Best of luck, looking at your layout I reckon you need about 500... of various sizes.....of course!

Hope you sort out the problems with your undergrowth...….

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, KNP said:

Bye....

1743.jpg.89409234292d501c30a22df5fd7c690c.jpg

41 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I see those farm workers are skiving again. Somebody needs to have a word with them.

Yes Mick, the pic is a nice composition, but workers must be De Composed by now, they've been there for at least the last couple of years to my knowledge, haha.:taunt:

• Like 3
  • Funny 4

2 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I see those farm workers are skiving again. Somebody needs to have a word with them.

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Yes Mick, the pic is a nice composition, but workers must be De Composed by now, they've been there for at least the last couple of years to my knowledge, haha.:taunt:

I keep having a word with them, but to no avail as they just sit there and chat......

Like the chaps at the creamery, they are still standing there discussing how to move that crate!!!

You never know, as the farmworkers are not fixed they could move to another location...that would through you?

• Like 1