Little Muddle

KNP

I was worried the three farm workers all lounging about would look like a bunch of pre-Rapaelite women in that scene and I think I was right!

All those guys need now is a few pints of mild and a big box of scratchings and they'll be there for ages....more.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

'Jenny sitting on top' raised another memory, and I got all flustered...

The problem is that the crate is too big and heavy to manhandled, and needs some sort of equipment to shift it.  If there's none handy, they may have to revert to stone age methods and shift it with rollers and pinchbars!  

Any job that's going to be done properly needs to be thoroughly discussed first; as Charlie said, you never gets nowhere when your'e too 'asty.  

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Just out of mild curiosity - who is Jenny you lot keep chatting about?

The three of them - Jack & Jill & Jim - are back now in the field, chatting as if nothing had happened!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, KNP said:

The three of them - Jack & Jill & Jim - are back now in the field, chatting as if nothing had happened!

In my case, she's an ex-squeeze of whom I have very pleasant and fond memories not to be discussed in a family forum...

• Informative/Useful 1

9 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

I may have missed this person before, but is she the Colonel’s wife with a bottle of gin?

Some say it is just an ordinary tramp resting his weary legs at the side of the lane, others say he is the long lost owner of the derelict house a certain Count de Monet who disappeared years ago.

Whoever it is he turns up every now and then and just sits there quietly watching the world go without a care in the world.....

The Colonel's wife is fishing by the viaduct so I don't think it would be her, anyway if it was her she would be drinking from a bone china cup and saucer not a bottle!!!!

I used to move him around the layout and my grandson would spend ages trying to find where he had moved too but not anymore as he says he only did that when he was young - he's 8 now...…….much more grown up?

• Like 6
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

The Colonel has been overindulged with his passion for angling. He hasn’t been home for years. Perhaps his wife has left him by now. I know that if I had unlimited time for modelling I would have finished Limpley Stoke ages ago!

I’m still enjoying the new angles on familiar scenes!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, KNP said:

This is Jenny just a couple of days after her birthday. On display at Pendon Museum, where this range of figures is sold. This is not an advertisement, but that doesn't mean you can't go and buy some. ;)

IMG_2554.JPG.0ee257dae6022aadae4f4834c953522e.JPG

• Like 9

You sure Mick...…?

InkedIMG_3499_LI.jpg.fc6c03a8105b6c7594229824dc628fa3.jpg

Well, she definitely introduced herself as Jill when she arrived.

Anyway she has a huge arrow with a name at the end of it and that picture was dated 03/12/17 so that surely is conclusive or it could this be one of many doppelgangers that I expect are lurking about...... 

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Well it’s the most Rubenesque of the figures so it must be Jill, but you must be so careful not to offend any of th LBGTQY fraternity, oops can’t say fraternity either. Can’t even say ruddy.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

That is indeed a really good picture of the Colonel’s wife fishing- as you say the reflections on the water make it come to life as does the inside of the brick arch with reflected light. I’m glad the marriage is surviving but I hope they have paid the housekeeper.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, KNP said:

You sure Mick...…?

I've spoken to Jenny, who maintains that Jill is her second cousin, twice removed, on her father's side., although she couldn't recall which side. I suggested the underside, but that resulted in a flustered look. Now, where have I seen that word recently?

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2