Little Muddle

KNP

Bill U Quick Construction are proud to announce that the buildings works to Cathcott's Field Development are underway.

Design work has now been completed and approved by the brown envelope method thereby giving the green light for on-site works to commence

IMG_2737.JPG.718ba75abe1b70bb2d879471aaad93f9.JPG

The first sod has been turned and construction works are proceeding with due diligence and grace.

To check on progress the Squadron Leader mounted his trusty old Sopwith and few a low (very low!!) pass over the station area and obtained this picture.

IMG_2750.JPG.89e904a4f983dea1c80792df030eae03.JPG

Regular updates are planned so long as the Squadron Leader can remember where he landed his plane!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Bill U Quick Construction are proud to announce that the buildings works to Cathcott's Field Development ​are underway.

Design work has now been completed and approved by the brown envelope method thereby giving the green light for on-site works to commence

attachicon.gifIMG_2737.JPG

The first sod has been turned and construction works are proceeding with due diligence and grace.

To check on progress the Squadron Leader mounted his trusty old Sopwith and few a low (very low!!) pass over the station area and obtained this picture.

attachicon.gifIMG_2750.JPG

Regular updates are planned so long as the Squadron Leader can remember where he landed his plane!

In such lovely countryside with good transport connections I'd like to buy one of those cottages. Will it be on Zoopla soon?

In such lovely countryside with good transport connections I'd like to buy one of those cottages. Will it be on Zoopla soon?

No doubt as construction progress proceeds to a conclusion the contractor will appoint a local estate agent to handle all transactions.

To date only the small block of cottages have been commenced and as the last picture confirms the dwelling is a bit 'open plan' at the moment.

If you wish to move in early please bring your own roof, doors and windows.........

• Like 1

...and a nostalgic look back photo feature to the days when Cathcott's Field was....a field. 

It was never a field rather a development potential waiting to be grasped and exploited for the well being of the residents of Little Muddle...........and earn a few bob for the contractor in the process!!!

• RMweb Gold

It was never a field rather a development potential waiting to be grasped and exploited for the well being of the residents of Little Muddle...........and earn a few bob for the contractor in the process!!!

King William : "This entry in Little Muddle, surely that's a field ?"

Doomsday Book scribe : "Er, no Sire, that's been designated as a future development site - we can't count it as a field."

KW : "Can't count it as a field? What sort of development will it be, and when?"

DBs : "It's due to be some terraced 2-story houses and a factory, Sire, sometime in the early 1930s"

KW : "1930s? That's over 750 years in the future! And what on earth is a terraced house?"

DBs : "That'll be a row of posh worker's houses, Sire, all stuck together".

KW : "The world's gone mad.  I'm off, back to the sane side of the Channel !!"

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully this will work!

I have been asked why I put the trackwork to the back of the layout and priorities on the scenery at the front.

The best sight for me on a model railway, is to see a train disappear and then reappear as it trundles along the layout which is best highlighted by this short clip taken this afternoon.

Enjoy.

I trust you will have stern words with the driver for passing a signal at danger?? :)

I trust you will have stern words with the driver for passing a signal at danger?? :)

Actually if you look closely I haven't got a crew in the loco yet so no one to blame!

Or is that more of a problem as the train is a runaway......

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Actually if you look closely I haven't got a crew in the loco yet so no one to blame!

Or is that more of a problem as the train is a runaway......

If I'm not mistaken there's no passengers either so maybe it's a 'Ghost Train' which might mean it's going to come back to 'haunt'  you  :scared:

What a lovely runner that 14XX is a real winner in my book and in such a perfect setting  :sungum:

If I'm not mistaken there's no passengers either so maybe it's a 'Ghost Train' which might mean it's going to come back to 'haunt'  you  :scared:

What a lovely runner that 14XX is a real winner in my book and in such a perfect setting  :sungum:

Passengers and crew seem to be missing from all of my limited rolling stock, so I feel once the buildings for Cathcott's Field are done this will be the next area to concentrate on.

If you zoom in you will see the coach has no glazing either and roof is bowed as it isn't fixed so I can get to the interior and actually finish it.

This coach was started in 1998 (Dapol version - still has price label on the box of £8.70!!!), got parked when I couldn't get my Airfix 14xx to run either smoothly or most of the time at all.....

This14/48xx runs very sweetly and to date I've had no problems with it........must be one of the lucky ones!

When viewing the video back I noticed it stuttered just after the viaduct by the signal, last week I had fixed some more grass, ash and earth in the area of the signal fixing it with glue / hairspray - even though I had cleaned the whole track I must have missed a bit and this is the only draw back with this loco is that the track needs to be spotlessly clean for it to run perfectly.

This loco is my all time favourite of the either GW fleet so even if it didn't run properly I would motorise the autocoach and free wheel the loco - no one would ever know!!!!

Thanks for the comments.

Edited by KNP

I too have a new 48xx from a certain Liverpudlian emporium. I decided to dip my toes in the unknown (to me) delights of DCC sound, and being frightened of making a fatal mistake by fitting it myself in such a tiny loco, I opted to have it all fitted by the aforementioned shop. Once it was wedded to my Hornby e-link it performed brilliantly in every way and the sound really adds atmosphere to the layout. We must be two of the lucky ones. To give the lovely 48xx a raison d'etre I am now in the throes of fettling a second hand Airfix Autocoach, how do I get the bell to ring?

I continue to be in awe of your lovely layout KNP and, like many others looking forward to more of your posts, particularly the elusive track layout.

Edited by Les le Breton

This was a nice small project to do that whiled away a few hours.

It all came about when the LMS wagon rolled off my work bench and landed on my drill box thereby breaking one of the axles off and damaging the buffer beam plus the bodywork flew off as the lugs broke. Also it didn't help that in an effort to catch it I managed to tread on it as well...I suppose if you are going to break something you might well do a good job!!!!

Never one to throw anything away, it (or to be more accurate bits) was put back in it's box for another day. Well that day came when looking trough the Warwickshire Railways website and saw a grounded wagon at Shipton-on-Stour - light bulb moment.

Using wooden laser cut sleepers, balsa wood and some card out of a new shirt package plus a detailed paint job this was the end result.

Can anyone guess what I used for the roof covering?

So from that damaged and potentially useless model I ended up with something useful and different.

829.JPG.1d79ddd2574d32cdb716128458ca56d2.JPG

Edited by KNP
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold

This was a nice small project to do that whiled away a few hours.

It all came about when the LMS wagon rolled off my work bench and landed on my drill box thereby breaking one of the axles off and damaging the buffer beam plus the bodywork flew off as the lugs broke. Also it didn't help that in an effort to catch it I managed to tread on it as well...I suppose if you are going to break something you might well do a good job!!!!

Never one to throw anything away, it (or to be more accurate bits) was put back in it's box for another day. Well that day came when looking trough the Warwickshire Railways website and saw a grounded wagon at Shipton-on-Stour - light bulb moment.

Using wooden laser cut sleepers, balsa wood and some card out of a new shirt package plus a detailed paint job this was the end result.

Can anyone guess what I used for the roof covering?

So from that damaged and potentially useless model I ended up with something useful and different.

Lovely weathered wood!

Burlesque texture paper on the roof ?

Edited by Limpley Stoker

Lovely weathered wood!

Burlesque texture paper on the roof ?

The wood is painted with Lifecolor weathered wood range of paints, lost count of the applications of the various shades until I got to the result I wanted.

Roof - not quite.

Afraid not.

I have used it many a time to represent flat roof coverings as the glue will soak into and set hard.

Use, normally three layers.

Attached shed picture is the same material.

Will reveal all later (about the roof that is!!!!! before someone comments? plus the sun has gone in now...)

228.JPG.61bc63068f1e691ae08f347c247ecc1a.JPG

Edited by KNP
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

I've finally figured it out - these aren't photos of a model but the real thing.  What else could that shed be?!

Although having said that, I did not notice any smoke coming from the loco in the video.

I obviously need to think on this some more!