Little Muddle

KNP

Very helpful!!!, would that be so the signalman could keep an eye on the branch line?

Does the signalman use a root setting panel? :)

Can we leaf it out now?

Or are we going to carry on barking up the same tree?

• RMweb Premium

Now, regarding all of those miniature human beings that inhabit Little Muddle.....who produces them? I'm struggling to find anything decent in OO gauge for my layout....but those on here look rather good......

I think I recognise some of them as Monty's Models (Dart Castings); a great range which I've used on my layouts too. 

Edited by HillsideDepot

Now, regarding all of those miniature human beings that inhabit Little Muddle.....who produces them? I'm struggling to find anything decent in OO gauge for my layout....but those on here look rather good......

Most of them are from the Dart Castings range with the seated railway workers from Noch.

Kevin

I think I recognise some of them as Monty's Models (Dart Castings); a great range which I've used on my layouts too.

Most of them are from the Dart Castings range with the seated railway workers from Noch.

Kevin

Dart Castings..of course. I have one of their loco crew sets somewhere. They do look realistic, especially so when painted so well, as you have done Kevin.

So, Kevin ...

In the bit under four weeks since you started this thread, how much modelling haven't you got done?

It kind of draws you in.

Funny you should mention that but I don't seem to be watching quite so much television at present!!!!

Add into the mix I have moved a radiator and built a coat cupboard at my daughters house over the last couple of weeks, just come back from priming the new woodwork ready for painting tomorrow.

Might not have been much actual work on the layout itself but there has been an awful lot of research and designing of the buildings for the field behind the station..................(all I will say is the card mock up's where for diagrammatic purposes only!)

but I do agree it does have some sort of magnetic effect that draws you back to the computer!

Almost forgot I cut the grass as well - with a mower?

• Like 7

So, Kevin ...

In the bit under four weeks since you started this thread, how much modelling haven't you got done?

It kind of draws you in.

Speaking for myself I have found that posting stuff on this forum is a motivator - you can't do a "look what I've done" if you haven't done anything.

(Another bonus is that with a failing memory I sometimes search back through my posts to check just how I did stuff, what colours did I use etc.)

Chaz

• Like 4

Kevin

Not sure if anyone is interested in the Pendon figures ?

https://www.pendonmuseum.com/shop/index.php?category=24&utm_source=Pendon+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=358a9b3d61-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_APRIL&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8317b20208-358a9b3d61-425531421

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I like those they would make a nice cameo on my layout I've a small row of terraced houses I could plant a couple outside one of the front doors.

• Like 1

Golf bats! That made I larf that did.

Thank you for sharing all your incredible work, please keep it up. 

Thanks and yes there have been many funny comments posted, no doubt they will continue.

With planning permission now granted, and that's even in spite of the numerous objections raised by a plethora of non-local residents, the scheme was seen as a pleasing and enhancing improvement to the local aesthetics maintaining the ambience of a small town location whilst providing additional housing and commercial amenities.

Taking it in his stride Bill U Quick Construction this afternoon moved their heavy equipment, namely a 1/2 " chisel and a hand held vacuum cleaner, onto site where the area was levelled and the setting out template laid in place.

Please also note that in an effort to protect the environment and with the aid of sky hooks various buildings where removed from the locality for their protection and safety.

Building construction is due to commence soon...... 

IMG_2734.JPG.8ec3e81244866f932865f435cdefb0b4.JPG

IMG_2735.JPG.8dd7477da5c8b792df6708e550b575cb.JPG

Edited by KNP
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

With planning permission now granted, and that's even in spite of the numerous objections raised by a plethora of non-local residents, the scheme was seen as a pleasing and enhancing improvement to the local aesthetics maintaining the ambience of a small town location whilst providing additional housing and commercial amenities.

Taking it in his stride Bill U Quick Construction this afternoon moved their heavy equipment, namely a 1/2 " chisel and a hand held vacuum cleaner, onto site where the area was levelled and the setting out template laid in place.

Please also note that in an effort to protect the environment and with the aid of sky hooks various buildings where removed from the locality for their protection and safety.

Building construction is due to commence soon......

You're incredibly brave letting us watch this fascinating project as it develops. I've witnessed what happens when somebody designs a locomotive firebox the wrong shape!

Having seen what you are capable of making I'm really enjoying this journey, especially as you have overcome all the planning objections!

• Like 2

Blimey, the Local Planners must work to Double Summer Time to get that one through!

B. Ackhander

How did you know that was the chair of Little Muddle Council??? anyway we had to get past the Chief Planner as well - Ivor Blyndeye..

• RMweb Gold

How did you know that was the chair of Little Muddle Council??? anyway we had to get past the Chief Planner as well - Ivor Blyndeye..

Are these gentlemen in the same lodge?

• RMweb Gold

All part of the service but as all my buildings are freelance then I hope I'm on safe ground.

The next bit will be the slow bit as I build the buildings with a couple of really detailed ones planned so the journey will be fun!

Anyway if I get board I could always go and sit in the garden with my knitting.....

That's amazing! Did you knit that garden bench too?

• Like 1