Little Muddle

KNP

He can blame me for that!

Bit harsh on KNP after he spent all that trouble fitting the windows; mine are a cheat with back glazing.  But they scrub up well for old timers, don't they!  I reckon getting rid of the old glazing, which had a 'prism' effect in it's (noble) attempt to achieve scale glazing depth, is definitely worth the effort, along with filling the surplus window.

Yep, it's all your fault but worth the effort at the end of the day.

Glazing was one of those jobs that seemed a good idea before you start, tries your patience when you are working on it but at the end you look and think, well that was worth doing.

Biggest issue was getting it to sit just inside the external window reveal with a slight recess which meant it wasn't flush with the inside as that ended up with a recess as well.....

Squadron Leader's out and about so swoops over the the station for one of his pictures.

1375.jpg.b66e44027de41fd78f60683b9396d1e5.jpg

Busy day on the trains today as a combined total of 57 passengers in this picture either on a train or waiting for one.....

Edited by KNP
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

B set looking really good Kevin.  Nice work as ever.

Know what you mean about static.  Externally I get rid of it with a soft make-up brush, with which I dust most stock periodically.  But recently, when I built an old 'Mailcoach' K22 van kit, the day after I'd finally glued the roof on I found a white bit adhering to a window INSIDE. Grrrr!  I left it for a couple of months, but last week I drilled a hole in the floor, and dislodged it from the inside with a cocktail stick.

John C. 

• RMweb Gold

Morning Kevin.

I have probably missed this but how did you secure the glazing. I have an Airfix Auto coach that I am thinking of detailing. I would want to use the Shawplan glazing.

Rob.

Morning Kevin.

I have probably missed this but how did you secure the glazing. I have an Airfix Auto coach that I am thinking of detailing. I would want to use the Shawplan glazing.

Rob.

Good morning to you.

I used Deluxe Materials Glue n Glaze as it remained rubberised for a while which allowed me manoeuvre the glazing into place, takes a while for it to set so be aware as it was easy to accidently dislodge an already fixed pane.

I only applied some to the top and bottom edges, then any remaining glue was cleaned off with a damp cocktail stick shaped like a small chisel.

To hold the glazing I used a cocktail stick with some blue tack on the end.

Coaches now in line as when I looked at an earlier set of pictures I wondered why the two coaches where misaligned.

Hadn't fitted the body to the chassis fully on one of them!!!!

Correctly fitted it,  then pushed them close togther and hey presto all is now fine.

1381.jpg.36feb2984ae88307251d3bf1ad36fd4b.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 18

Coaches now in line as when I looked at an earlier set of pictures I wondered why the two coaches where misaligned.

Hadn't fitted the body to the chassis fully on one of them!!!!

Correctly fitted it,  then pushed them close togther and hey presto all is now fine.

attachicon.gif1381.jpg

Cracking photo here Kevin coaches look really good but the area that caught my attention is how well the tree's in the back scene merge so well with the line of tree's along the track side behind the coaches to the left hand side ....excellent gives so much depth of field to the whole photograph  :declare:

Edited by gismorail

• RMweb Gold

Ever thought of selling your framed photos? I'm sure there would a market be for them. Especially at exhibitions. What do the other learned gentleman of this parish think.

All the best

Steve

I'm holding out for the Little Muddle 2019 Calendar.

;-)

• Like 10

Ever thought of selling your framed photos? I'm sure there would a market be for them. Especially at exhibitions. What do the other learned gentleman of this parish think.

All the best

Steve

Nice idea but all in jest...…..came across a tutorial on You Tube for creating one on PagePlus so thought I would give it a go.

Had a few funny, head scratching moments until I realised you imported the picture into the frame and not the other way around...…!

Thanks for the thought though.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1

I tell you what I'll stick to my model making......

How about this?

post-8925-0-72521600-1530029857_thumb.jpg

Nearly finished derelict barn that will appear eventually on this layout but is about to appear centre stage on the third CBC - Not Another One......

Edited by KNP
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

How about this?

attachicon.gifBN7.jpg

Nearly finished derelict barn that will appear eventually on this layout but is about to appear centre stage on the third CBC - Not Another One......

That is an absolutely stunning piece of modelling. My first thought was that your question "How about this?" was asking if it was a suitable prototype to model! Once I realised that it was the model I spent a few minutes trying to spot tell tales. Given that this is a very close up shot of a 4mm scale model there should be some! The best that I cold come up with were slightly over thick corrugated sheets and no rusty nail heads on the planking! And even having seen both of those, when I go back to look at it my mind still doesn't fully accept that it's not the prototype. Brilliant modelling and fantastic picture of it.

Kind regards, Neil

That is an absolutely stunning piece of modelling. My first thought was that your question "How about this?" was asking if it was a suitable prototype to model! Once I realised that it was the model I spent a few minutes trying to spot tell tales. Given that this is a very close up shot of a 4mm scale model there should be some! The best that I cold come up with were slightly over thick corrugated sheets and no rusty nail heads on the planking! And even having seen both of those, when I go back to look at it my mind still doesn't fully accept that it's not the prototype. Brilliant modelling and fantastic picture of it.

Kind regards, Neil

Thanks.....

Agree the sheeting is to thick and as for the rusty fixings - felt tip pen comes to mind.....hmmmm?

The planks are painted business cards.

For years I have tried to find away to represent weathered wood and then I had one of those lightbulb moments....

It is a four coat treatment but it works.

• Like 1

How about this?

attachicon.gifBN7.jpg

That brings back terrible memories.........when I was about ten I managed to drive a tractor through the end of a barn with the exact same result (foot slipped off the clutch due to not being quite big enough to operate it properly). Dad was not amused!  :threaten:  Of course brother thought it highly amusing!  :sarcastichand:  Brilliant modelling though!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

How about this?

attachicon.gifBN7.jpg

Brilliant.

• RMweb Gold

How about this?

attachicon.gifBN7.jpg

We are so privileged to watch your work evolve -especially in this instant digital age. I have shown some of your images to non modellers who have been amazed. Even SWMBO who hates railways is impressed! It just wouldn’t have been possible to appreciate it in the days of Railway Modeller in grainy B&W ! Edited by Limpley Stoker