Little Muddle

KNP

Now that is CLEVER Kevin.

Very nice indeed.

Thanks

It was a moment of madness after looking at the Warwickshire Railways website when I came across a B&W picture with some writing on.

This caused a Lightbulb Moment.......

What I was actually looking at was the B&W pictures to see what I needed to do to make my monochrome pictures look better and older..

As I said it was a moment of madness mainly caused by finishing after the lunch the glazing for the B set - 86 of the little b*****s I had to fit with each one needing: file 4 edges, offer up, file again if necessary and then carefully glue in place.

Seemed a good idea of the time, wasn't whilst I was doing them but now finished it looks well worth the effort.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

The position of the lens is 'just right' for the view through the front window of an auto trailer or another railcar, and the 'sit' of the model evokes the lurch through the turnout magnificently.  It just 'feels' right, doesn't it!

The position of the lens is 'just right' for the view through the front window of an auto trailer or another railcar, and the 'sit' of the model evokes the lurch through the turnout magnificently.  It just 'feels' right, doesn't it!

Totally agree.

I find some of the best pictures (by anyone) are those taken at what would be normal eye height, as this mimics real life.

Thanks

Edited by KNP

So following on from the above chat with The Johnster I had these two left over which I wasn't originally happy with so I thought I would heavily edit with Affinity to see if I could improve them.

These where extremely close to the railcar, camera on macro focus with a reflector board used to decrease shadows.

Camera set to be roughly at drivers eye height....

On the first one the end of the lens was only 30mm from nearest part of the railcar, the reason I wasn't happy with it you can see part of the tripod sticking out in front of the drivers window.....I forgot to move it!

1340.jpg.2056dd4a222274bcc0a9633b02b49db1.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

So following on from the above chat with The Johnster I had these two left over which I wasn't originally happy with so I thought I would heavily edit with Affinity to see if I could improve them.

These where extremely close to the railcar, camera on macro focus with a reflector board used to decrease shadows.

Camera set to be roughly at drivers eye height....

On the first one the end of the lens was only 30mm from nearest part of the railcar, the reason I wasn't happy with it you can see part of the tripod sticking out in front of the drivers window.....I forgot to move it!

attachicon.gif1340.jpg

attachicon.gif1341.jpg

They are both superb!

You wouldn't notice the tripod at first, or even second, glance unless it had been pointed out.

Does Affinity have a "magic erase" function? If so it would probably deal with the errant tripod fairly nicely.

Edited by Harlequin

• RMweb Gold

Strangely in the shot with the tripod it looks as if the driver is looking at it, perhaps wondering what it is doing there.............

"Ladies and gentlemen, I shall read you a wire addressed to Professor Pierson from Dr. Gray of the National History Museum, Encombe Town. "9:15 P. M. eastern standard time. Seismograph registered shock of almost earthquake intensity occurring within a radius of twenty miles of Little Muddle. Please investigate. Signed, Lloyd Gray, Chief of Astronomical Division" . . . Professor Pierson, could this occurrence possibly have something to do with the disturbances observed on the planet Mars?"

• Like 1

They are both superb!

You wouldn't notice the tripod at first, or even second, glance unless it had been pointed out.

Does Affinity have a "magic erase" function? If so it would probably deal with the errant tripod fairly nicely.

I didn't notice at first either!

There are various options but my preferred one is the clone total.

Thanks

Edited by KNP

There are similar problems taking photos of real stuff...

attachicon.gif20180603_153227.jpg

I didn't realise until I lowered the phone that I was reflected in the nearest window...

Happens to me all the time........

Best one I ever had was my daughter when we where at Bournemouth, family posed for picture and when it was developed (back in the days of my good old Canon A1) she had a seagull on her head and the angle made it look like it was sitting there with its wings out.

Then a while later during the same holiday!!!! I took a picture of my son only to find that he had a triple bulb street light fitting on his bonce....again perfectly positioned!

Strangely in the shot with the tripod it looks as if the driver is looking at it, perhaps wondering what it is doing there.............

Or shouting...

The Martians have landed!!!!

and if you look to the right HMS Thunder Child has entered Little Muddle harbour with guns a blazing.......

Now rest assured The Artilleryman has a plan!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1

"Ladies and gentlemen, I shall read you a wire addressed to Professor Pierson from Dr. Gray of the National History Museum, Encombe Town. "9:15 P. M. eastern standard time. Seismograph registered shock of almost earthquake intensity occurring within a radius of twenty miles of Little Muddle. Please investigate. Signed, Lloyd Gray, Chief of Astronomical Division" . . . Professor Pierson, could this occurrence possibly have something to do with the disturbances observed on the planet Mars?"

Yes

Still fiddling........

1344.jpg.df14e937b7f7deb63470aa7fde73517e.jpg

I don't know about you I've had enough now of this editing lark, so back to something constructive on the layout!!!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 13

No it was probably the Russians. They seem to get the blame for everything else.

Derek

Somewhere in a county far away, known locally as 'notsurewhereshire' is an old house

Now semi derelict many say it's haunted, some say a tramp lives there and others just don't care but a ghostly moaning can be heard emanating from within on a windy day.

Built in the 1800's by a local builder called Messrs Skaledale of Kent before the advent of the railways it was the pride possession of the Count de Monet a well known and successful painter (and decorator) of the area.

With the advent of the railways much of the land to the rear become railway property which caused the Count much concern.

The property went into decline and no ever heard or saw the Count again..........many believe he became a tramp roaming the surrounding counties to this day.....no one really knows

But on a cold and wet morning people hurry past the house as a cold shiver runs down their spine.....is the Count watching them or is it just the rain running down the back of their coat?

No one stops to find out......!!!!

1347.jpg.b6c5995e79bae2ed7ff2e2632750c04a.jpg

Sometimes, on the grass bank next to the house a tramp can been sitting there drinking a toast to know one in particular.

Many a picture shows a figure sitting there??

Is this the Count.....!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 10

That has to be a top contender for the "Most lifelike looking picture of a model."

Probably your best yet Kevin.

Many thanks for that.

I was planning to stop messing about with pictures and editing to get on with some actual work on the layout.....but no, just one more I thought as I had this idea....!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 3

Somewhere in a county far away, known locally as 'notsurewhereshire' is an old house

Now semi derelict many say it's haunted, some say a tramp lives there and others just don't care but a ghostly moaning can be heard emanating from within on a windy day.

Built in the 1800's by a local builder called Messrs Skaledale of Kent before the advent of the railways it was the pride possession of the Count de Monet a well known and successful painter (and decorator) of the area.

With the advent of the railways much of the land to the rear become railway property which caused the Count much concern.

The property went into decline and no ever heard or saw the Count again..........many believe he became a tramp roaming the surrounding counties to this day.....no one really knows

But on a cold and wet morning people hurry past the house as a cold shiver runs down their spine.....is the Count watching them or is it just the rain running down the back of their coat?

No one stops to find out......!!!!

attachicon.gif1347.jpg

Sometimes, on the grass bank next to the house a tramp can been sitting there drinking a toast to know one in particular.

Many a picture shows a figure sitting there??

Is this the Count.....!

There used to be a house just like that in a village in Kent when I lived there. :)

Some building pictures this time of the harbour masters office with adjoining stores/workshop

HM1.jpg.32ba63a3b09debe40b3154d9d029f9f7.jpg

HM2.jpg.0b57b229ddef9cae2eee253644feb027.jpg

HM3.jpg.97fbfc2394fb5cdf9afef48ca77d42c6.jpg

HM4.jpg.19cc936086d38d47504c06963338a25e.jpg

HM5.jpg.68f7b15b4d2853185b55376fb51174c1.jpg

HM6.jpg.807c1e5ee0310254d957bf5622a02a63.jpg

Flat roof over workshop my usual unused toilet paper!

Walls to harbour masters office is sharp sand glued on to the card walls with PVA, then when dry more glue, more sand and when dry the each side was flooded with a 50/50 mix of PVA to remove most of sand but leave some rough areas. Took ages as I had to do one side at a time and leave overnight to dry.

I've not repeated again - I wonder why?

Net from a model boat website but it appears not to be sold anymore!

Rope cross stich thread with white beads glued at required centres.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 12