The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

November 2000 isn't quite what I meant when I said something different, but if that's what you want! All I've got though is a photo of a railway enthusiast waiting for action at home in his armchair! But if you're going to bend my requirement, I'll bend yours ;).

post-7091-0-74468500-1509820459.jpg

Now, to get back to each photo being something different, how about an item of rolling stock awaiting restoration.

• Like 2

At last, something I can put forward.

Just look at this poor 16 tonner (and the wagon next to it), sitting in the top siding at Kidderminster with an uncertain future. Perhaps we should start a restoration group to get it back to working order?

Another piece of rolling stock awaiting restoration next please, but this time a coach.

post-31351-0-95929900-1509820907_thumb.jpg

Edited by SVRlad

• RMweb Gold

Another piece of rolling stock awaiting restoration next please, but this time a coach.

Not a very interesting shot as the coaches are largely under wraps. The only other ones I can find are of coaches being restored in the Bluebell workshops.

post-14351-0-42871000-1509837439_thumb.jpg

I suppose we ought to have a loco awaiting restoration next.

Edited by phil_sutters

The driver of 26039 has just received the token for the next section as he draws into Achnasheen with the 1055hrs Kyle of Lochalsh to Inverness service. 26024 and its train, the 1032hrs Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh,on which we were travelling, waits to proceed.

post-4406-0-16928900-1510015366_thumb.jpg

Next - something with at least two more Sulzer powered units in it.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

How about this rather "arty" picture of the OHLE at New Street reflected in the stainless steel cladding:

post-6208-0-99071600-1510086368_thumb.jpg

Complete with buses on bridge and a Class 350!

Next third & fourth rail infrastructure

• RMweb Gold

Are you asking for 

How about this rather "arty" picture of the OHLE at New Street reflected in the stainless steel cladding:

attachicon.gifnew st 1.jpg

Complete with buses on bridge and a Class 350!

Next third & fourth rail infrastructure

Are you asking for infrastructure with both types of track - e.g. Southern 3-rail with London Underground alongside? Or are you looking for either 3 or 4 rail?

• RMweb Premium

Are you asking for 

Are you asking for infrastructure with both types of track - e.g. Southern 3-rail with London Underground alongside? Or are you looking for either 3 or 4 rail?

Either, sorry if not clear.

If you have a picture with both all the better. :yes:

Keith

Edit: Bit late now!

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium

as we've not had an electric locomotive, how about one of those?

It's main function is as an electric loco, but here's 88001 running on diesel power (with the 68 helping out....)

post-408-0-56070700-1510096004_thumb.jpg

How about a better shot of a Class 68 next?

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Kohlapur at Tyseley in 1969.

post-9767-0-59676000-1510149387.jpg

I keep finding interesting bits in the background of my old slides. Note the container in the 5-plank, then behind that the gem of a Porthole SK and CK in maroon livery. By the roof of the SK it looks almost ex-works.

Next let's have the same for an LNER loco.

• Like 2