The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

One from Dad's unprinted negatives -  not very good quality and an unknown loco & location attachicon.gifMystery loco this time.jpg

A loco on a turntable - please

Looks like Hereford with an Ex L&YR A class 0-6-0. Possibly working a Hereford -Brecon or reverse in the early to mid 50's ! Only guessing because of the proximity of the GWR loco (Star Class?)...

JF

Edited by Jon Fitness

D9521 at Swanage in 1994.  Yes the panel on the cabside did read "Railfright" - I don't know whether it was a deliberate mis-spelling, or someone's nightmare.

post-10122-0-62127900-1490515738_thumb.jpg

The next photo will have a canine reference - it might include a dog, or have been taken at Barking, etc.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Looks like Hereford with an Ex L&YR A class 0-6-0. Possibly working a Hereford -Brecon or reverse in the early to mid 50's ! Only guessing because of the proximity of the GWR loco (Star Class?)...

JF

And a GWR water crane plus a GWR ground disc in the foreground.  The background is also spot-on for Barrs Court Road, Hereford.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

JF

That was my thought too John - the houses in the background look right too - IIRC a few Lankys came south around this time

Cant place that pitched roof though....

Ah see MR SM agrees too....

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

1970s on the Rylstone branch (formerly Grassington) viewed from a lining machine.

post-7024-0-82346500-1490529978_thumb.jpg

A train in Lancashire next please.

Edited by 96701
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

And a GWR water crane plus a GWR ground disc in the foreground.  The background is also spot-on for Barrs Court Road, Hereford.

Thanks to you and Jon. The location would make sense, as Dad grew up in Hereford and returned there to see relatives, from time to time. I think I had heard that L&Y locos came down that way. Now I know the location, may be I can find more details in Dad's spotting log books, which go back to the late 1940s.

• Like 2

Rail-replacement coaches at Bournemouth.

post-6880-0-37887800-1490539963.jpg

Next a group of three or more trainspotters......

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifP1000467.JPG

That's a group of nine or more trainspotters then. Edited by BoD

Am I the only one with photos of GW branches in Somerset? I don't think I should be the one to respond to this challenge - should I?

It depends whether steam days includes preservation. I'm just too young to have seen steam in action for real, and any steam era photos I have might cause copyright problems.