Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

2ManySpams

Anyway back to point problems

Below are three shots of the point in question. Its the 3rd point along, it pulls round too tight and you then have a horrible reverse curve. I was obviously keen to maximise the length of the loop at the time. This will need a complete rebuild with a straight run off, eliminating the 'S' curve.

post-8734-0-17988200-1366558616_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-96268300-1366558663_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-66513400-1366558694_thumb.jpg

Scapel, saw - swobs!

• Like 7

Hi Damian,

Seeing your list made me feel a bit better about my long list of things to do, plus I don't feel so bad about planning another layout seeing that you are planning a new one yourself and finescale 7mm too. Look forwards to following your progress.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Damian,

Seeing your list made me feel a bit better about my long list of things to do, plus I don't feel so bad about planning another layout seeing that you are planning a new one yourself and finescale 7mm too. Look forwards to following your progress.

Cheers Peter.

hmmmm,

what you planning?

Well I have been drawing plans for ages, and thought I had decided on one. That was until Bachmann released their class 85, I just want one so have gone back to an older track plan which is a small part of a much bigger yard with part of a loco shed at the back on a lower or higher level plan is to make my own points so there won't be too many.

The layout will be mid 80 s north of the boarder trains will be similar to what you might have seen at Mossend. I need to do more to llanbourne before I start though I do have a class 26 and 27.

Cheers peter

• RMweb Premium

Hi Damian,

Have you had a chance to read the pm I sent you yet, regarding possibly bringing DitD to Tonbridge in the future. (see post 2449!!!)

Colin

Colin, is it still a one day show? Is it still in Feb and is the invite for 2014??

• Like 1

Colin, is it still a one day show? Is it still in Feb and is the invite for 2014??

When I spoke to Damian at Ally Pally, I was looking more at the 2015 show guys, but yes at the moment it is still a one day show in February.  If someone wants to send me a pm or use the e-mail address on my profile to send me the details so that I can pass them onto our new exhibition manager, as Chris has stepped down after this year's show.  And yes you were early getting to the show and we never heard the end of it (seriously you never finished the story on the Treneglos thread :rolleyes: )

Colin

When I spoke to Damian at Ally Pally, I was looking more at the 2015 show guys, but yes at the moment it is still a one day show in February.  If someone wants to send me a pm or use the e-mail address on my profile to send me the details so that I can pass them onto our new exhibition manager, as Chris has stepped down after this year's show.  And yes you were early getting to the show and we never heard the end of it (seriously you never finished the story on the Treneglos thread :rolleyes: )

Colin

Didn't finish the story? Us?

Perhaps we went down the boozer?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Colin, look at the last link in my signature... At the top of the blog you'll find the current exhibition details for DitD. I believe the fiddle at the pub end will be extended to 7'. The layout will therefore be longer than in the details - prob c26 feet.

Didn't finish the story? Us?

Perhaps we went down the boozer?

Obviously this would be used for discussions about what needs to be done on the layouts and what exhibitions to attend then :drink_mini:

Thanks Chris for the information.

Colin